Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need Help with Fiance Visa Process (US Male, UK Female Citizen)  (Read 9758 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Need Help with Fiance Visa Process (US Male, UK Female Citizen)
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2018, 06:08:40 PM »
does the letter from her employer have to be dated on the 28th or later since this is when she will have received her most recent payslip?  Could the letter from her employer be written before she receives the most recent payslip (like a week or two before she gets her most recent payslip, she would have 7 months pay at that time and due to Feb being short we needed to wait until the March pay)?

The letter is separate from the payslips and can be dated at any time in the 28 days before applying for the visa.

However, what format are her payslips issued? Are they issued as formal, paper payslips and handed/posted to here, or are they electronic payslips that she prints herself?

If it's the former, then you just need the physical payslips, but if she prints them herself, then they must be accompanied by a letter from her employer confirming authenticity.

So, it depends whether you need a letter of authenticity as well as the normal letter from the employer (which can be combined within the same letter), or if you only need the normal letter from the employer?

The options therefore are:

Formal printed payslips:
- employer letter containing all of the above, dated any time within the 28 days of applying for the visa

Printed electronic payslips:
- employer letter stating all of the above AND confirming authenticity of the payslips, dated on or after 28th March
OR
- employer letter containing all of the above, dated any time within the 28 days of applying for the visa
AND
- letter of authenticity for the payslips dated on or after 28th March

Also, does her bank statement have to be for the entire month of March (1st - 31st) or does it just have to cover up to when her payslip was deposited (likely 28 March)?

Both the payslips and the bank statements have to cover the full 6 months you are using to meet the visa requirements, and not a day less.

So, if her latest payslip is March 28th, then the 6 months will be 28th September to 28th March... so the latest bank statement can be dated 28th March as well.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2018, 06:41:13 PM »
However, what format are her payslips issued? Are they issued as formal, paper payslips and handed/posted to here, or are they electronic payslips that she prints herself?

Both the payslips and the bank statements have to cover the full 6 months you are using to meet the visa requirements, and not a day less.

So, if her latest payslip is given to her March 28th, then the 6 months will be 28th September to 28th March... so the latest bank statement can be dated 28th March as well.

Her payslips are given to her at work in her pigeonhole (I think is what she called it) and they have the county council's letterhead since her school is funded by the council (though it does say her school's name on the payslip) so I think they are original as she doesn't print those and they are given to her.

Just for clarification, she currently has payslips from 30 Sept 2017 to 28 Feb 2018.  We are waiting on her payslip for March 2018 which would give us 7 months payslips for her (we had to wait because we missed 28 day deadline from Feb payslip). So her earliest payslip would be 30 Sept 2017 and her most recent will be (dated) 31 March 2018.

Her bank statements would be 1 Sept 2017 to sometime between 28-31 March 2018.

Her payslips have the county letterhead because her school is funded by the county, would it be okay for the letter from her employer to use the school's letterhead rather than the county letterhead (as I'm not sure they would be able to use the county letterhead)?

Also, can her head teacher be the one who writes the employer letter, as that is her boss?

« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2018, 06:53:49 PM »
Her payslips are given to her at work in her pigeonhole (I think is what she called it) and they have the county council's letterhead since her school is funded by the council (though it does say her school's name on the payslip) so I think they are original as she doesn't print those and they are given to her.

That's good - it means she can get the letter before the March payslip :).

Just for clarification, she currently has payslips from 30 Sept 2017 to 28 Feb 2018.  We are waiting on her payslip for March 2018 which would give us 7 months payslips for her (we had to wait because we missed 28 day deadline from Feb payslip). So her earliest payslip would be 30 Sept 2017 and her most recent will be (dated) 31 March 2018.

Her bank statements would be 1 Sept 2017 to sometime between 28-31 March 2018.

That should be fine :).

Her payslips have the county letterhead because her school is funded by the county, would it be okay for the letter from her employer to use the school's letterhead rather than the county letterhead (as I'm not sure they would be able to use the county letterhead)?

Also, can her head teacher be the one who writes the employer letter, as that is her boss?

Yes, the head teacher can write the letter, and yes, the school letterhead paper is fine, as the guidance does not specify that it has to be on letterhead paper.

It just says:
(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2018, 07:01:09 PM »
That's good - it means she can get the letter before the March payslip :).

That should be fine :).

Yes, the head teacher can write the letter, and yes, the school letterhead paper is fine, as the guidance does not specify that it has to be on letterhead paper.

It just says:

Thank you so much! I'll have to send you guys some flowers when this is all said and done hahaha

« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2018, 02:32:34 PM »
It just says:

Does the employer letter have to give specific dates for payslips or is it enough to just say:

"SPONSOR has been employed at SCHOOL as TEACHER from Start Date to Current Date.  Her current salary is XXXXX per annum before tax.  She is paid calendar monthly in twelve equal payments of XXXX before tax.  She will have received payslips for at least six months before the applicant submits the visa application.  SPONSOR is under TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT."

I am drafting the letter for my fiancee to send to her head teacher to put on school letterhead and to sign.  I plan on putting the actual start date of her employment to the date the letter is officially done by the head teacher, but I think it would be safe to just have the employer mention "Sponsor has received payslips for at least six months" rather than actual dates.

Also, her head teacher is an absolute nightmare and really horrible to my fiancee and the other teachers.  On the chance that she goes psycho and refuses to write the letter or doesn't do what we ask just for sake of being difficult, is it acceptable for a deputy head teacher (assistant head teacher) to write the letter as that would still be one of my fiancee's bosses, just not the top boss?

« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2018, 02:40:25 PM »
If the employer letter is also being used to authenticate the payslips then it should include the dates and salary amounts on the payslips... to confirm the amounts on the payslips match what the employer records show she earned (I.e. to confirm she hasn’t tampered with the amounts or forged them).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2018, 02:45:43 PM »
I would recommend:

SPONSOR has been employed at SCHOOL as TEACHER from Start Date to present.  She is a permanent, salaried employee and her current annual salary is £xxx.  SPONSOR has been in receipt of this salary since her start date. 

Are you needing the letter to also authenticate the payslips?

« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2018, 02:46:38 PM »
If the employer letter is also being used to authenticate the payslips then it should include the dates and salary amounts on the payslips... to confirm the amounts on the payslips match what the employer records show she earned (I.e. to confirm she hasn’t tampered with the amounts or forged them).
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her payslips are original, they are given to her at work and are on the county letterhead.  I guess I'll take out the part that they are authentic since that's not necessary and might raise more red flags than do any good.

So:
i) length of employment (start date to letter date)
ii) current salary
iii) how long she has been earning current salary (just a statement of, the sponsor has been earning her current salary of X for at least six months)
iv) type of employment

And then the letter is good?

I just realized I've been counting months she has worked rather than payslip dates for six months.  I did the date calculator and it's 6 months and a day from 30 Sept 2017 to 31 March 2018, which is why I'm concerned about the date of the employer letter being before 31 March 2018.

« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2018, 06:05:06 PM »

No, she just needs to provide whatever documents the Land Registry holds showing that she owns the lease to the property.

You can search for the property on the Land Registry website and download the official documents showing homeownership for a small fee:
https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/www/wps/portal/!ut/p/b1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOKNjSxMDA1NjDwsjM3MDTxN3dyNDUNMjQ1MjPWDU_P0C7IdFQG9k5Tz/?_ga=2.203179217.1740013006.1520785402-1823026650.1509187939

So the Land Registry shows the Title Register, Title Plan, and Flood Risk Indicator Result for her parent's house (where we will be staying when I first move over and until July).  Do I need all three documents from the Land Registry? Not even sure why the flood risk thing is an option, her parents house isn't really near a body of water.

« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2018, 07:26:20 PM »
So the Land Registry shows the Title Register, Title Plan, and Flood Risk Indicator Result for her parent's house (where we will be staying when I first move over and until July).  Do I need all three documents from the Land Registry? Not even sure why the flood risk thing is an option, her parents house isn't really near a body of water.

You want the Title Register for £3.

« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2018, 07:29:47 PM »
You want the Title Register for £3.

Thank you

« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2018, 12:20:28 PM »
I would recommend:

SPONSOR has been employed at SCHOOL as TEACHER from Start Date to present.  She is a permanent, salaried employee and her current annual salary is £xxx.  SPONSOR has been in receipt of this salary since her start date. 

Are you needing the letter to also authenticate the payslips?

I know this all is just boiling down to semantics but I want to make sure the wording of the actual letter is alright.  My fiancee just got the letter from her employer today and it says:

"This is to confirm SPONSOR is a teacher at the above school.  She has been employed here since 1st September 2017 and her current salary is £24,018 per annum which equates to £2,001.50 per month before tax.  She has been earning this salary from the start of her employment on 1st September 2017.  Her contract is a permanent one.

Yours faithfully,
Head Teacher"

« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2018, 12:44:31 PM »
I know this all is just boiling down to semantics but I want to make sure the wording of the actual letter is alright.  My fiancee just got the letter from her employer today and it says:

"This is to confirm SPONSOR is a teacher at the above school.  She has been employed here since 1st September 2017 and her current salary is £24,018 per annum which equates to £2,001.50 per month before tax.  She has been earning this salary from the start of her employment on 1st September 2017.  Her contract is a permanent one.

Yours faithfully,
Head Teacher"

Perfect.  :)

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2018, 01:45:59 PM »
Perfect.  :)

What is the UK sponsorship form?  No-one mentioned this but I saw it on another spousal visa thread.  Do we need to complete the UK sponsorship form?

Also my fiancee/wife's parents are writing a letter outlining all of the accommodation requirements, and I have the Title Register from the Land Registry, do we need for them to provide their last original mortgage statement as well?

« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2018, 01:47:25 PM »
What is the UK sponsorship form?  No-one mentioned this but I saw it on another spousal visa thread.  Do we need to complete the UK sponsorship form?

Also my fiancee/wife's parents are writing a letter outlining all of the accommodation requirements, and I have the Title Register from the Land Registry, do we need for them to provide their last original mortgage statement as well?

You need to write a letter of support as the sponsor.  There's no form.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab