Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Garden help!  (Read 592 times)

• Liked: 154
Garden help!
« on: March 13, 2018, 09:44:50 PM »
I know there’s a couple posts, but I didn’t want to hijack anybodies thread. I’m going to do my front garden this weekend and need advice. I’ve never gardened before so I’m clueless.

The green bits I thought I would make a flower bed, the yellow  bits pavers for our bins ( not much room if we put them by garage with us having two cars in the drive and the neighbors car on their side). The red bits I’m transferring to the back garden.

I’m going with pinks and purples as I’ve started buying flowers, just don’t know what I’m doing with themes.

P.s. my house doesn’t look quite so shabby now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Garden help!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 09:53:58 PM »
Also don’t know why my iPad posted this FOUR times. I can’t delete them, sorry guys

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 09:17:58 AM »
I removed all of the extra threads for you.
Sorry, more questions than answers at the moment!

Which was  your preferred options for pavers?  I think I'd be more tempted to put the bins up by the house and behind some sort of screening if there is room. 

What kind of soil do you have?  Clay soil sticks together in your hands. Sandy soil falls apart easily.  Is it rocky? Full of builders rubble? 

How much daylight falls in that area? Is it quite sunny? 

Are you wanting to be better at gardening and willing to do some maintenance (weeding,replanting ,etc) or are you wanting fuss free? 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 05:11:53 PM »
I removed all of the extra threads for you.
Sorry, more questions than answers at the moment!

Which was  your preferred options for pavers?  I think I'd be more tempted to put the bins up by the house and behind some sort of screening if there is room. 

What kind of soil do you have?  Clay soil sticks together in your hands. Sandy soil falls apart easily.  Is it rocky? Full of builders rubble? 

How much daylight falls in that area? Is it quite sunny? 

Are you wanting to be better at gardening and willing to do some maintenance (weeding,replanting ,etc) or are you wanting fuss free?

Sorry! I have just seen this.

I think I want the bins by the house because it’s easier to get them to the curb. That’s a great idea with the screening.

Our soil is clay like and full of rocks ;( discovered this when I was transplanting a bush. Not builders rubble, but big rocks. It took three hours for us to dig a bush up because there were so many rocks. I have no idea how they even got it planted in the first place.

It’s quite sunny in the front and side of the house, but I’ve discovered a downfall. I’ve done up some nice planters just to get started. Two were in front of the windows, two were off to the side in front. The two in front of the window are completely flooded with rain water whilst the other two are fine.

I would love to get into gardening, I find it enjoyable I’m just an amateur.  So I don’t mind maintenance.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 05:43:27 PM »

Sorry! I have just seen this.

I think I want the bins by the house because it’s easier to get them to the curb. That’s a great idea with the screening.

Our soil is clay like and full of rocks ;( discovered this when I was transplanting a bush. Not builders rubble, but big rocks. It took three hours for us to dig a bush up because there were so many rocks. I have no idea how they even got it planted in the first place.

It’s quite sunny in the front and side of the house, but I’ve discovered a downfall. I’ve done up some nice planters just to get started. Two were in front of the windows, two were off to the side in front. The two in front of the window are completely flooded with rain water whilst the other two are fine.

I would love to get into gardening, I find it enjoyable I’m just an amateur.  So I don’t mind maintenance.

You need to make more drainage holes in the bottom of your planter. The plants won't do well if their roots are drowning.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab