Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Long Distance Games  (Read 3172 times)

• Liked: 1
Long Distance Games
« on: March 28, 2018, 01:29:39 PM »
Hello all,

I just wanted to share a little coping technique for the distance that me and my wife have found that works a lot. She is 5 hours behind my time zone so we are quite lucky in the fact we can talk on my lunch, after work (on her lunch) and on her drive home from work. We had found that a lot of the conversation would be taken up by how much we were missing each other and how hard it was so we decided to play games.

With both of us loving tv and film we love 20 questions where one thinks of a actor/actress and the other has 20 yes/no questions to find out who it could be. We also talk about who we would go to dinner with, for example if you have Will Ferrell or Adam Sandler.

We have found loads of these types of games to help take your mind of the distance and just have fun together. If anyone as other ideas on how they cope with the distance I would love to hear them.

• Liked: 1260
Re: Long Distance Games
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 05:40:52 PM »
Hello all,

I just wanted to share a little coping technique for the distance that me and my wife have found that works a lot. She is 5 hours behind my time zone so we are quite lucky in the fact we can talk on my lunch, after work (on her lunch) and on her drive home from work. We had found that a lot of the conversation would be taken up by how much we were missing each other and how hard it was so we decided to play games.

With both of us loving tv and film we love 20 questions where one thinks of a actor/actress and the other has 20 yes/no questions to find out who it could be. We also talk about who we would go to dinner with, for example if you have Will Ferrell or Adam Sandler.

We have found loads of these types of games to help take your mind of the distance and just have fun together. If anyone as other ideas on how they cope with the distance I would love to hear them.

Ahhhhh east coast then? :) I remember that struggle! What a great idea to get your minds off of it!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 46
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 02:10:30 AM »
Hello all,

My husband and I have five hours difference as well!

Words With Friends is one we play a lot. It gets heated.  ;D

Playing games together on Steam is also fun. Mount Your Friends is a good one, and it is just as absurd as it sounds.  ;D Sandbox games like Minecraft and Terraria are also good, but my poor laptop can’t handle running those games anymore sadly.
Married - 15th April 2018
Spouse visa approved - 16th July 2018
Arrived in the UK - 8th August 2018
FLR approved - 13th April 2021
Little one’s arrival - 18th March 2022
ILR approved - 27th Jan 2024

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 11:01:53 AM »
My husband and I have five hours difference as well!

Words With Friends is one we play a lot. It gets heated.  ;D

Playing games together on Steam is also fun. Mount Your Friends is a good one, and it is just as absurd as it sounds.  ;D Sandbox games like Minecraft and Terraria are also good, but my poor laptop can’t handle running those games anymore sadly.

Yeah we played xbox together a lot when we were apart as well as playing games like Words With Friends :) Definitely recommend gaming with your partner for other people dealing with the distance.
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 01:43:35 PM »
Yeah we played xbox together a lot when we were apart as well as playing games like Words With Friends :) Definitely recommend gaming with your partner for other people dealing with the distance.
Ya'all need to play Evil Apples with me!

It's cards against humanity in a phone app!!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 02:18:28 PM »
Ya'all need to play Evil Apples with me!

It's cards against humanity in a phone app!!

hahah I used to play that but I got rid of it because I had nobody to play with!!! My sister who was meant to play with me could never get on to play at the same time that I was ready to play so I always played with randos and it just wasn't as fun (because half the time the answer they'd pick would just be the rudest one - fair enough - but not even one that made sense in the context!)
My, how time flies....

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 09:01:39 PM »
hahah I used to play that but I got rid of it because I had nobody to play with!!! My sister who was meant to play with me could never get on to play at the same time that I was ready to play so I always played with randos and it just wasn't as fun (because half the time the answer they'd pick would just be the rudest one - fair enough - but not even one that made sense in the context!)
If you are interested,and anyone else was. We could totally play!
I just started playing with a co-workers. It's fun!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 02:22:42 AM »
If you are interested,and anyone else was. We could totally play!
I just started playing with a co-workers. It's fun!

Yay! I downloaded and signed up! I’d be interested in a game with you guys  ;D

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 07:20:33 AM »
Yay! I downloaded and signed up! I’d be interested in a game with you guys  ;D
Cool! We'd need at least three for it to work. 😁

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 03:02:19 AM »
Cool! We'd need at least three for it to work. 😁

I can try to convince my husband tomorrow  ;D meant to tell him today but it’s been an odd one. We normally spend the majority of our day on FaceTime but he’s been out for a stag do and I got roped into a long day of browsing antique stores, so forgot to bring it up to him.  :P

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 01:39:02 PM »
Can re-download and give it a go! :)

I also just got Galaxy Trucker Pocket which is the app version of a board game called Galaxy Trucker. If anybody has heard of that game and enjoys is, it's free for a short time on IOS.
My, how time flies....

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 08:44:23 PM »
Can re-download and give it a go! :)

I also just got Galaxy Trucker Pocket which is the app version of a board game called Galaxy Trucker. If anybody has heard of that game and enjoys is, it's free for a short time on IOS.

Whoo! I am trying to figure out how to start a game with people when you aren't already friends on facebook or have them in your contacts.

Sponsored Links