Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Second hello years later...  (Read 950 times)

• Liked: 14
Second hello years later...
« on: April 03, 2018, 03:51:39 AM »
Hi everyone.  I did one of these introduction posts four or five years ago...  I'm only now getting to actually apply for my visa.  A HUGE thank you in advance to anyone who might help me out along the way.  :)

My husband and I have been together for 11 years, married for 3. We lived in Japan for a long time, but each had to return to our home countries at the end of 2015 to care for ailing parents.  Things have been awful; the worst time of my life, honestly.  I'm finally ready to try applying for my spouse visa so I can be with my husband again, and hopefully have some semblence of a life once more, if not a little bit of happiness. 

I know I should have been reading this forum over the years so as to be more prepared, but... well, I honestly just haven't had the heart to.  But I just wanted to say hi, and to thank you all in advance for any help you might provide.  There seems to be a lot of very knowlegeable people here, so with your help hopefully I won't make a total mess of things with regards to my application. 

Thanks again, look forward to chatting with some of you!
Will sell soul for Duke's Mayonnaise.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Second hello years later...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 05:19:17 AM »
Hi Snowfish, welcome back.   Sorry things have been so tough for you but hopefully things will start to turn around for you now.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 05:04:07 PM »
Welcome back. Wishing you all the best going forward. Hope things can get back to normal for you :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 10:57:33 PM »
I don't think many people understand how difficult some of the sacrifices you have to make as a multi national couple can be. I'm so sorry you've had to be apart. I hope your visa is processed quickly and you're back home as soon as possible!

Sponsored Links