Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: lost passport/interview  (Read 3740 times)

• Liked: 3112
Re: lost passport/interview
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2018, 08:53:01 AM »
As you are staying with the same company, it's a non-issue.  You already meet the financial requirement, so no real change.

Just be sure the employment letter and application are correct on the date of application.  You'll be fine to accept the promotion and move internally while processing.

Congratulations!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2018, 09:25:14 PM »
As you are staying with the same company, it's a non-issue.  You already meet the financial requirement, so no real change.

Just be sure the employment letter and application are correct on the date of application.  You'll be fine to accept the promotion and move internally while processing.

Congratulations!

Thank you very much.

I'm afraid I have a new question, though.  I'm looking at getting the document I need off of the HM Land Registry.  I've been told that I need the £3 document, but this page on the .Gov website suggests that there are two I could use: the Title Register and the Title Summary.  Which of these two will I need to get?

In addition to this, it says that I'll need to order an official copy of the register if I need to prove the property ownership, which costs £7: do I need to get this instead?
Kind Regards,
MT.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2018, 11:51:10 PM »
Hopefully it isn't against the rules of the forum, but I'm bumping this thread for visibility as I haven't yet had a response to my question in the above post.
Kind Regards,
MT.

• Liked: 2252
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2018, 05:17:27 AM »
Thank you very much.

I'm afraid I have a new question, though.  I'm looking at getting the document I need off of the HM Land Registry.  I've been told that I need the £3 document, but this page on the .Gov website suggests that there are two I could use: the Title Register and the Title Summary.  Which of these two will I need to get?

In addition to this, it says that I'll need to order an official copy of the register if I need to prove the property ownership, which costs £7: do I need to get this instead?

You don’t need to order the £7 copy. The £3 is fine and has been used by almost everyone on the forum over the years.

I believe it’s the Title Register you need to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 547
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2018, 09:51:37 AM »
You don’t need to order the £7 copy. The £3 is fine and has been used by almost everyone on the forum over the years.

I believe it’s the Title Register you need to get.

Yes, the Title Register is what I used for my application earlier this month.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!

• Liked: 6
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2018, 05:58:36 AM »
Hello lovely people.  Back with more questions: 

I'm compiling evidence of our relationship from 2007-present.  I've had some bills and our tenancy leases translated into English showing that we shared two flats in Japan.  I've had our Japanese residence cards and drivers licenses translated as well, since they show the addresses we lived at.  (I know someone told me this wasn't necessary, but it can't hurt!)  I've printed out a selection of facebook chat messages between us from 2007-present, with emphasis on 2016-present (the time we've been living apart.)  I've found some boarding passes from his trips to see me during the last two years, and also printed the full travel iteneraries for those trips.  I've printed photos of us from 2007-present.  I've got the envelopes from some cards/gifts he's sent me over the years.  He's sending me some cards which I sent to him in the earlier years of our relationship.

Would cards sent to us help as evidence, if we dont' have the envelopes any more?  I've got some cards congratulating us on our marriage, holiday cards, etc, without envelopes.  Are these worth sending, or should I not bother since we don't have the envelopes/postmarks?

I've also got a few things from various trips we've taken over the years:  A hotel reservation with both our names from a mini-break, our travel iteneraries and luggage tags from a trip to Malaysia in 2015, boarding passes from a trip we took to the US in 2012.  Are things like this worth including?  I would only send things which had our names printed on.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 06:07:07 AM by SnowFish »

« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2018, 05:36:27 AM »
Also, this may be a dumb question, but... They ARE going to return all my personal items, right? Photos, cards/letters sent, and especially my original marriage certificate? We were married in Japan, and I cannot get another copy without a very expensive trip!

Also, how should I indicate that I need certain things returned? I want the English translation of my marriage certificate returned as well. Will sending two copies of it be enough for them to realize I need it back? Should I make a note on a post-it and stick it on there?

• Liked: 3585
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2018, 06:30:46 AM »
Also, this may be a dumb question, but... They ARE going to return all my personal items, right? Photos, cards/letters sent, and especially my original marriage certificate? We were married in Japan, and I cannot get another copy without a very expensive trip!

Also, how should I indicate that I need certain things returned? I want the English translation of my marriage certificate returned as well. Will sending two copies of it be enough for them to realize I need it back? Should I make a note on a post-it and stick it on there?

Yes, they will. To be extra sure, you should send a regular photocopy of every item you would like returned.  :)
March 28th 2013-Moved to UK, husband on spouse visa.Oct 20th 2015-Applied by mail for FLR(M).Feb 1st 2016 FLR(M).March 7th 2018 ILR. YAY! March 21st NCS&JCAP appointment.

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2018, 05:47:14 AM »
Yes, they will. To be extra sure, you should send a regular photocopy of every item you would like returned.  :)

Thank you.  Question about categories... we are using his income, which is less than required, and savings to make up the difference.  Does this make us category D? 

On page 5 of Appendix 2, part 3.3, I should check that we are using both "income from salaried employment in the UK," and complete part 3A, and ALSO "Cash savings," and complete part 3F, correct?

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2018, 07:29:33 AM »
Thank you.  Question about categories... we are using his income, which is less than required, and savings to make up the difference.  Does this make us category D? 

On page 5 of Appendix 2, part 3.3, I should check that we are using both "income from salaried employment in the UK," and complete part 3A, and ALSO "Cash savings," and complete part 3F, correct?

Yes, it makes you both Category A and Category D... so you fill out both sections in Part 3.

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2018, 06:58:03 PM »
Okay, I may be overthinking this, but... I have my husbands payslips from Dec-May.  Earliest stub is dated 25th May.  Is this six months worth, or do they count month-to-month?  As in, Dec-Jan, one month; Jan-Fed, two months; Feb-Mar, three months; Mar-Apr, four months; Apr-May, five months?  Do we need one more month's paystub?

Freaking out... am I totally overthinking this?

lost passport/interview
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2018, 07:18:33 PM »
Okay, I may be overthinking this, but... I have my husbands payslips from Dec-May.  Earliest stub is dated 25th May.  Is this six months worth, or do they count month-to-month?  As in, Dec-Jan, one month; Jan-Fed, two months; Feb-Mar, three months; Mar-Apr, four months; Apr-May, five months?  Do we need one more month's paystub?

Freaking out... am I totally overthinking this?

You need the payslips to cover the entire 6 months and not a day less, so every single day of those 6 months must be covered.

So, if the latest payslip is dated May 25th, then your 6 months starts on November 25th, so earliest payslip and bank statement must cover right back to November 25th (or earlier).

This may mean including 7 months of payslips and bank statements to make sure the entire 6 months are covered (I.e. Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and May)

Remember though that if the latest payslip is May 25th, you MUST submit your online application by Friday 22nd June at the VERY latest (I.e. in 2 days), to meet the 28 day requirement.

If you submit after June 22nd, you will need the June payslip and bank statement as well.

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2018, 07:42:48 PM »
You need the payslips to cover the entire 6 months and not a day less, so every single day of those 6 months must be covered.

So, if the latest payslip is dated May 25th, then your 6 months starts on November 25th, so earliest payslip and bank statement must cover right back to November 25th (or earlier).

This may mean including 7 months of payslips and bank statements to make sure the entire 6 months are covered (I.e. Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and May)

Remember though that if the latest payslip is May 25th, you MUST submit your online application by Friday 22nd June at the VERY latest (I.e. in 2 days), to meet the 28 day requirement.

If you submit after June 22nd, you will need the June payslip and bank statement as well.

Thanks for your quick reply!  Yeah, we have decided to just wait for his upcoming payslip, and wait until next month to apply, by the 22nd of July.  Better to be safe than sorry, and out $4000.  Glad I'm an overthinker, once in a while it works in my favor!  ;) 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 07:45:08 PM by SnowFish »

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2018, 07:54:46 PM »
Thanks for your quick reply!  Yeah, we have decided to just wait for his upcoming payslip, and wait until next month to apply, by the 22nd of July.  Better to be safe than sorry, and out $4000.  Glad I'm an overthinker, once in a while it works in my favor!  ;)

Okay, then so if the latest payslip is dated June 25th, then your 6 months will be Dec 25th to June 25th, and you must cover all those dates...

So it’ll depend on the dates on the payslips, and whether they say that they cover the whole month or just have the issue date on them as to which ones you’ll need to include, but it will likely be:
Dec
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun

« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2018, 11:35:24 PM »
Okay, then so if the latest payslip is dated June 25th, then your 6 months will be Dec 25th to June 25th, and you must cover all those dates...

So it’ll depend on the dates on the payslips, and whether they say that they cover the whole month or just have the issue date on them as to which ones you’ll need to include, but it will likely be:
Dec
Jan
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun

We are going to go ahead and include stuff from Sept-June, just in case. That way there is NO chance of them saying it isn't enough. Overkill perhaps, but better than being refused.

Sponsored Links