Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Costco  (Read 5739 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Costco
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 01:54:01 PM »
American marshmallows and hot dogs!  Man... I want the all-beef thick sausage/dog things I used to get in the states.  Not hot dogs.  They were more substantial, and juicy and tasty.  I don't know what they were.  I completely took them or granted and now I can't find anything similar.  And I really miss good cheap hot dog buns.  Like, the soft ones I used to get for mere pennies at Walmart, but they didn't taste like baking soda and flour like Tesco ones do.

Is Cheesecake Factory cheesecake the proper baked kind?  My husband and I can't find a good cheesecake in this country (for reals!), and without an oven, we can't make our own.  We'd pay good money for a proper cheesecake.

Sadly, I can't use the brownie mix, but it sounds good.  Sheets and towels! When we've done our renovations and I have a proper bathroom, I will want to get a nice set of towels.  I need to remember your Costco access.  I'm so gonna hit you up!

They have a few varieties of dogs at Costco and all are all-beef and juicy.  But not what you are talking about, I don't think.  Are you thinking more like a brat?  I don't think you'd be disappointed in the Costco ones.  Just maybe not *quite* what you were reminising about. 

Yes, the Cheesecake Factory cheesecake is exactly what you would buy at the store.  It's sold frozen and you just thaw to serve.  It's 2 kilos!   :o

Happy to meet at Costco anytime!  We can split the distance!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 02:24:34 PM »
They have a few varieties of dogs at Costco and all are all-beef and juicy.  But not what you are talking about, I don't think.  Are you thinking more like a brat?  I don't think you'd be disappointed in the Costco ones.  Just maybe not *quite* what you were reminising about. 

Yes, the Cheesecake Factory cheesecake is exactly what you would buy at the store.  It's sold frozen and you just thaw to serve.  It's 2 kilos!   :o

Happy to meet at Costco anytime!  We can split the distance!

I think once we do find a car and I get mobile, we should plan a day... oh, but you're working now.  How liberal is your leave policy?  ;)  It'd be pretty great to meet up for lunch and Costco shopping one day.  The one in Bristol is almost exactly halfway between us, I think.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 02:34:35 PM »
I think once we do find a car and I get mobile, we should plan a day... oh, but you're working now.  How liberal is your leave policy?  ;)  It'd be pretty great to meet up for lunch and Costco shopping one day.  The one in Bristol is almost exactly halfway between us, I think.

A workday would be hard (okay, impossible).  Though I'm still a bit lean with work to do (owner is on holiday and my April to do list has been done for days!).  I need to wait for approval to start implementing changes... so until then - hello UKY!

But Bristol works.  Just need to put a date in the diary for a Saturday or Sunday.  :)

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 02:42:52 PM »
A workday would be hard (okay, impossible).  Though I'm still a bit lean with work to do (owner is on holiday and my April to do list has been done for days!).  I need to wait for approval to start implementing changes... so until then - hello UKY!

But Bristol works.  Just need to put a date in the diary for a Saturday or Sunday.  :)

And I just remembered... my husband's schedule will have rolling Saturday shifts after he's finished with his training period.  So I will have the occasional Saturday when I'll be left to my own devices.  Yay!

We don't have a car yet (I found that really adorable Panda Eco with Italian racing stripes (hehe!)  on for a great price, but it sold before we even phoned to enquire about it... haven't seen anything suitable and within our budget since).  But when we do get a car, you and I will make plans!  I'm really tempted to drive the whole way, so I can have a proper meetup with everybody. Don't you have Taco Bell near you?  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 02:44:54 PM »
I can mail stuff to you too!   ;D

Yay, that's awesome! Thank you!  :D

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 02:54:26 PM »
Yay, that's awesome! Thank you!  :D

Just shout if you have any cravings.  I'm there about once a week.

Husband laughed on Saturday saying our kids are going to grow up remembering that we went to Costco every weekend.  There are worse ways to spend your childhood!

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 02:55:46 PM »
And I just remembered... my husband's schedule will have rolling Saturday shifts after he's finished with his training period.  So I will have the occasional Saturday when I'll be left to my own devices.  Yay!

We don't have a car yet (I found that really adorable Panda Eco with Italian racing stripes (hehe!)  on for a great price, but it sold before we even phoned to enquire about it... haven't seen anything suitable and within our budget since).  But when we do get a car, you and I will make plans!  I'm really tempted to drive the whole way, so I can have a proper meetup with everybody. Don't you have Taco Bell near you?  :)

We shall figure out what's right when the time comes.  But yes, I can drag a lot of other yanks along!   ;D

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2018, 03:39:46 PM »
Just shout if you have any cravings.  I'm there about once a week.

Husband laughed on Saturday saying our kids are going to grow up remembering that we went to Costco every weekend.  There are worse ways to spend your childhood!

I was never out of Target in the US. [smiley=smitten.gif] I never did join Costco because I thought I would end up getting carried away!  ;D

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2018, 03:54:29 PM »
I was never out of Target in the US. [smiley=smitten.gif] I never did join Costco because I thought I would end up getting carried away!  ;D

I can't decide if we would save by not being members or spend more...  I suspect we would save!   ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2018, 03:57:21 PM »
I can't decide if we would save by not being members or spend more...  I suspect we would save!   ;D ;D ;D

I assumed I'd spend more by becoming a member, I spent enough in Target as it was! I've missed out on the fun of it though!  ;D

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 04:35:34 PM »
You guys and your proper shopping.  I'm sitting here all, "I miss Michael's arts and crafts..."  I'm not particularly artsy or crafty, but sometimes I want to do a thing, and in the US, I could just go to the nearest Michael's and get the supplies I need.  Over here, I have to research for years, and then take a guess about which online product is going to be the thing closest to what I need, and then pay £3 for it while resenting the fact that I could've got it for 29¢ at Michael's.

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 04:37:12 PM »
You guys and your proper shopping.  I'm sitting here all, "I miss Michael's arts and crafts..."  I'm not particularly artsy or crafty, but sometimes I want to do a thing, and in the US, I could just go to the nearest Michael's and get the supplies I need.  Over here, I have to research for years, and then take a guess about which online product is going to be the thing closest to what I need, and then pay £3 for it while resenting the fact that I could've got it for 29¢ at Michael's.

I paid £6 for boxes for cake for the party... and £5.50 for bamboo skewers for fruit sticks...  Those companies are laughing all the way to the bank!

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 04:39:02 PM »

Oh, I miss Michael's too!  ;D.

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 04:42:55 PM »
I paid £6 for boxes for cake for the party... and £5.50 for bamboo skewers for fruit sticks...  Those companies are laughing all the way to the bank!

I ... uh... get my bamboo skewers from Tesco for 50p, I think..?  *duck*  They have posher ones with little paddle shaped things on the ends for £1.50.

Did you really give 4yo children sticks?  My dad would've freaked out.  We weren't allowed things like that if small children would be around.  He was super antsy about someone poking an eye out.

Edit to add:  The cake boxes are just going to be pricey.  They know who their customers are.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:44:12 PM by jfkimberly »

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 04:48:34 PM »
I ... uh... get my bamboo skewers from Tesco for 50p, I think..?  *duck*  They have posher ones with little paddle shaped things on the ends for £1.50.

Did you really give 4yo children sticks?  My dad would've freaked out.  We weren't allowed things like that if small children would be around.  He was super antsy about someone poking an eye out.

Edit to add:  The cake boxes are just going to be pricey.  They know who their customers are.

I know I overpaid on the skewers.  But I needed them next day (thank you Amazon Prime).

Not only did I give the children sticks, my 4 year old made the fruit sticks herself!   ;D  One green grape, a strawberry, a pineapple chunk, and a purple grape.

They have them at all the parties we go to.  Never even thought of them being a danger.

No balloons were lost on the day.  In case you were worried.   ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab