Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any US/UK project managers out there?  (Read 624 times)

• Liked: 30
Any US/UK project managers out there?
« on: April 09, 2018, 11:55:44 AM »
Hey everyone,
I have been in the UK for 4 months now and am awaiting the approval of my FLR(M) so I can begin applying for jobs. I majored in Project Management and Marketing at my US Uni and graduated with a 3.5GPA (2:1 equivalent?) last year.

My experience thus far has been in sales and marketing, although I do have a fair amount of project examples from classes and extracurriculars while at Uni. My biggest concern is that my degree and experience was all based on PMBOK (PMP) methodology and I have recently learned that the UK uses Prince2 methodology for project management.

Does anyone have any experience switching from PMBOK to Prince2 or vice versa? Is it crucial for me to take a Prince2 foundation course and test if I want to qualify for a UK project management job? Do you have any other tips for entering the UK job market as an entry level PM?
Met: Aug 2013
Started Dating: Oct 2013
Engaged: Sept 2017
Online app submitted: 17 Oct 2017
Biometrics & mailed in: 20 Oct 2017
Received by Sheffield: 23 Oct 2017
Decision email:

• Liked: 4985
Re: Any US/UK project managers out there?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 11:59:50 AM »
My British born and educated husband is a PM (construction industry) and recently obtained a PMP qualification in the UK. 

PMP is absolutely recognized here and well respected.  You do NOT need PRINCE2 (which is a much easier qualification to get).

The toughest hurdle will be the lack of UK experience you currently hold.  You'll just need to find the right company to give you a shot.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab