Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) 2018 Questions  (Read 4984 times)

• Liked: 4993
Re: FLR(M) 2018 Questions
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 09:37:10 AM »
It doesn't really matter what you put on the form, as they will calculate the earnings themselves.  So you are fine to leave it.  You could always add a note next to the amount that says (before April 1st increase).

The employment letter should address the increase.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 09:53:50 AM »
It doesn't really matter what you put on the form, as they will calculate the earnings themselves.  So you are fine to leave it.  You could always add a note next to the amount that says (before April 1st increase).

The employment letter should address the increase.

KFdancer, you are actually a Legend. I wish I could do something to repay you for the help with this application and our previous Spouse visa. You have made such a huge difference to our lives and I really don't think we would have managed to be living in the UK together without the help of yourself and other generous advisers on the forum. THANK YOU!

It's a relief to know that I don't have to change the form, thank you for the confirmation  :)

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 05:15:20 PM »
Well, tomorrow is the big day - we are going to post our FLR(M) application to Durham!

I've been fairly calm up until now but I'm having last minute jitters and would really appreciate confirmation that I have included everything I'm supposed to.

I'm particularly paranoid about:
- Providing bank statements to cover the correct 6 month period. Mine are 12th Nov 2017 - 12th April 2018 plus an interim statement printed by my bank which goes up to 26th April 2018. I have 7 statements in total, but is the the right time period?

- Ensuring that the evidence of cohabitation is for the correct period - originally I did it for the duration of the Spouse visa, but then was advised that it should only be 2 years.

Below is everything I'm sending.

1. Applicant’s documents
1.1   Postal Application Form
1.2   Applicant’s Cover letter
1.3   Passport
1.4   Biometric Residence Permit
1.5   Two Passport photos
1.6   Documents relating to Misdemeanor (original)
1.7   Documents showing finalisation of Divorce (original)
1.8   General Visitor Visa Denial Document (original)

2. Sponsor’s Documents
2.1   Financial Evidence Summary Letter
2.2   Photocopy of Sponsor’s passport
2.3   Passport photo of Sponsor
2.4   Letter from employer confirming employment details and authenticity of payslips (original)
2.5   Payslips (6 months, November 2017 – April 2018, original)
2.6   P60s for last two financial years (originals)
2.7   Employment contract (original)
2.8   Bank Statements (6 months November 2017 – April 2018, plus April interim statement, stamped by bank)

3. Accommodation
3.1   Land Registry Title Register
3.2   Annual mortgage statement (original)

4. Marriage
4.1   Marriage Certificate (original)

5. Evidence, living together as married couple
5.1   March 2016, Severn Trent Water bill
5.2   April 2016, NHS England letter
5.3   April 2016, Bank Statement
5.4   August 2016, NHS England letter
5.5   August 2016, Credit Card Statement
5.6   December 2016, Bank Statement
5.7   April 2017, Bank Statement
5.8   August 2017, Bank Statement
5.9   December 2017, GP letter
5.10   March 2018, Council Tax Bill

Thanks very much  :)

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 05:24:00 PM »
I'm particularly paranoid about:
- Providing bank statements to cover the correct 6 month period. Mine are 12th Nov 2017 - 12th April 2018 plus an interim statement printed by my bank which goes up to 26th April 2018. I have 7 statements in total, but is the the right time period?

Are you sure you mean 12th November and not 12th October?

Because 12 November to 26th April is only 5.5 months and doesn't meet the requirements.

So, if the latest is dated 26th April 2018, your bank statements AND payslips must go back to at least 26th October 2017.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 05:28:30 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 05:32:26 PM »
Are you sure you mean 12th November and not 12th October?

Because 12 November to 26th April is only 5.5 months and doesn't meet the requirements.

So, if the latest is dated 26th April 2018, your bank statements must go back to at least 26th October 2017.

Hi ksand24,

Well, it depends if we are talking about the statement date printed at the top of the statement (12th Nov), or the dates covered in the detail of the statement (statement detail begins by stating "balance from statement 126 dated 12/10/2017"). So obviously I'm a a bit stupid because I can't figure out what I should be doing!

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2018, 05:37:48 PM »
Hi ksand24,

Well, it depends if we are talking about the statement date printed at the top of the statement (12th Nov), or the dates covered in the detail of the statement (statement detail begins by stating "balance from statement 126 dated 12/10/2017"). So obviously I'm a a bit stupid because I can't figure out what I should be doing!

Ah, okay - as your 6 months starts on 26th October 2017, you will need the October payslip, along with the corresponding bank statement showing the October payslip being paid into the account.

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2018, 05:40:16 PM »
In regards to your documents, you don't need the following:

For the Cohabitation, you don't say whose name is on what document or if they are joint or individual mail.

I would include:
April 2016
1. April 2016, NHS England letter (whose name?)
2. April 2016, Bank Statement (whose name?)

August 2016
2.   August 2016, NHS England letter (whose name?)
2.   August 2016, Credit Card Statement (whose name?)

December 2016:
3.   December 2016, Bank Statement (joint names?)
3.     Need another document if the bank statement is not in both names

April 2017
4.   April 2017, Bank Statement (joint names?)
4.     Need another document if the bank statement is not in both names

August 2017
5   August 2017, Bank Statement  (joint names?)
5.     Need another document if the bank statement is not in both names

December 2017
6.   December 2017, GP letter (in both names?)
6.     Need another document if the GP letter is not in both names

March 2018
7. Council Tax Bill (in both names?)
7. Need another document if the GP letter is not in both names

I'm just going to rearrange the documents into the order they should be presented in the package (my additions in red):

1. Applicant’s documents
1.1   Applicant’s Cover letter
1.2   Postal Application Form
1.3   IHS surcharge receipt
1.4   Passport
1.5   Biometric Residence Permit
1.6   Two Passport photos
1.7   Documents relating to Misdemeanor (original)
1.8   Documents showing finalisation of Divorce (original)
1.9   General Visitor Visa Denial Document (original)

2. Sponsor’s Documents
2.1   Photocopy of Sponsor’s passport
2.2   Passport photo of Sponsor

3. Financial Documents
3.1   Payslips (6 months, OCTOBER 2017 – April 2018, original)
3.2   Bank Statements (6 months OCTOBER 2017 – April 2018, plus April interim statement, stamped by bank)
3.3   Letter from employer confirming employment details and authenticity of payslips (original)
3.4   P60 for last ONE financial year (originals)
3.5   Employment contract (original)

4. Accommodation

5. Relationship
5.1   Marriage Certificate (original)
5.2. One photo of you together
5.3 Cohabitation documents

6. Photocopies of original documents you wish to be returned to you

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2018, 05:46:28 PM »
Ah, okay - as your 6 months starts on 26th October 2017, you will need the October payslip, along with the corresponding bank statement showing the October payslip being paid into the account.

Uh oh...I have my payslips for Nov-April and my employer letter mentions that the payslips for Nov-April are authentic and correct. If I have to then include my October payslip as well that means I have to try to get them to redo my employer letter don't I?  :-[

Can I just ask why my start date is 26 Oct? I assumed it was 1st Nov as I get paid around 25th each month so my bank statements show my salary entering my bank account on 25th Nov - 25th April (if I include the interim extra statement that my bank supplied). Doesn't that cover the 6 months, or is the interim statement no good?

Trying to get my head around what I need to do and why!

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2018, 05:57:14 PM »
Uh oh...I have my payslips for Nov-April and my employer letter mentions that the payslips for Nov-April are authentic and correct. If I have to then include my October payslip as well that means I have to try to get them to redo my employer letter don't I?  :-

If the payslip is printed off the internet (and not on official company paper), then yes, unfortunately you do.

The problem is that if you only include November to April, your visa will be refused because that is less than 6 months... even if you're counting the pay starting from 1st November, your 6 months then doesn't end until 1st May.

Can I just ask why my start date is 26 Oct? I assumed it was 1st Nov as I get paid around 25th each month so my bank statements show my salary entering my bank account on 25th Nov - 25th April (if I include the interim extra statement that my bank supplied). Doesn't that cover the 6 months, or is the interim statement no good?

You have to go back AT LEAST 6 months from the date of your last payslip and last bank statement, and ALL of the payslips must show ALL of the dates in those 6 months. If you are even 1 DAY short of 6 full months, it's an automatic visa refusal.

As a result, people often end up having to send 7 months' worth of payslips and bank statements to cover the entire 6 months.

So, if your last payslip was 25th April and your last bank statement was 26th April, then your 6-month period is:

25th October to 26th April... and your payslips and bank statements have to cover AT LEAST all of those dates.

And you will need to send the following payslips:
1. 25th October
2. 25th November
3. 25th December
4. 25th January
5. 25th February
6. 25th March
7. 25th April

If your 6 months started on 1st November, then your payslips AND bank statements would have to cover all the way up to and INCLUDING 1st May... but you won't get paid for 1st May until 25th May... so you would have to wait until 25th May to apply.

So, instead, you include the October payslip to make your 6-month period 25th October to 26 April...  to make up for the fact that you haven't been paid for 1st May yet.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 05:59:17 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2018, 06:13:24 PM »
In regards to your documents, you don't need the following:

For the Cohabitation, you don't say whose name is on what document or if they are joint or individual mail.

I would include:
April 2016
1. April 2016, NHS England letter (whose name?)
2. April 2016, Bank Statement (whose name?)

August 2016
2.   August 2016, NHS England letter (whose name?)
2.   August 2016, Credit Card Statement (whose name?)

December 2016:
3.   December 2016, Bank Statement (joint names?)
3.     Need another document if the bank statement is not in both names

April 2017
4.   April 2017, Bank Statement (joint names?)
4.     Need another document if the bank statement is not in both names

August 2017
5   August 2017, Bank Statement  (joint names?)
5.     Need another document if the bank statement is not in both names

December 2017
6.   December 2017, GP letter (in both names?)
6.     Need another document if the GP letter is not in both names

March 2018
7. Council Tax Bill (in both names?)
7. Need another document if the GP letter is not in both names

I'm just going to rearrange the documents into the order they should be presented in the package (my additions in red):

1. Applicant’s documents
1.1   Applicant’s Cover letter
1.2   Postal Application Form
1.3   IHS surcharge receipt
1.4   Passport
1.5   Biometric Residence Permit
1.6   Two Passport photos
1.7   Documents relating to Misdemeanor (original)
1.8   Documents showing finalisation of Divorce (original)
1.9   General Visitor Visa Denial Document (original)

2. Sponsor’s Documents
2.1   Photocopy of Sponsor’s passport
2.2   Passport photo of Sponsor

3. Financial Documents
3.1   Payslips (6 months, OCTOBER 2017 – April 2018, original)
3.2   Bank Statements (6 months OCTOBER 2017 – April 2018, plus April interim statement, stamped by bank)
3.3   Letter from employer confirming employment details and authenticity of payslips (original)
3.4   P60 for last ONE financial year (originals)
3.5   Employment contract (original)

4. Accommodation

5. Relationship
5.1   Marriage Certificate (original)
5.2. One photo of you together
5.3 Cohabitation documents

6. Photocopies of original documents you wish to be returned to you

Thanks ksand24.

You're right, I don't need the Financial cover letter but I wanted to explain a couple of things for clarity, so added it in. It's less than a single page so not an essay.

I'll get my October payslip and try to get HR to alter my employment letter - guess I won't be submitting the application tomorrow!

The cohabitation evidence - where there is a single item, it is joint (e.g. joint bank statement, water bill our council tax bill). Where there are two items they are addressed to us individually.

I'll print the IHS surcharge receipt - I didn't see that we needed it but my Wife should still have it in her emails.

I also didn't realise that we needed a photo of us together. We have plenty of them, of course but I wouldn't have thought to include one! Will get one printed.

Do we seriously have to photocopy any documents that we want returned!? How ridiculous! Even stuff like marriage certificate, divorce order etc?

Thanks  :)

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2018, 06:49:16 PM »
You're right, I don't need the Financial cover letter but I wanted to explain a couple of things for clarity, so added it in. It's less than a single page so not an essay.

Seriously, don't include it. They know what they are looking for and there's no need for you to explain it in a whole letter.

If you do want to mention something about the finances, do it in your cover letter only, and in no more than 1 paragraph.

I'll get my October payslip and try to get HR to alter my employment letter - guess I won't be submitting the application tomorrow!

Sorry to put a spanner in the works, but it's better to make sure you have everything than to rush. If you had posted it tomorrow as it was, it would have been refused.

The cohabitation evidence - where there is a single item, it is joint (e.g. joint bank statement, water bill our council tax bill). Where there are two items they are addressed to us individually.

Okay, just wanted to check, because it wasn't clear which document was from who... and it's really important to have 6 in each name, and if they are separately addressed, they need to be from the same month.

I'll print the IHS surcharge receipt - I didn't see that we needed it but my Wife should still have it in her emails.

Technically, all you need is the IHS number, but providing the receipt shows you definitely paid it.

I also didn't realise that we needed a photo of us together. We have plenty of them, of course but I wouldn't have thought to include one! Will get one printed.

It's recommended if you are doing a postal application, just to confirm that you definitely know each other!

Do we seriously have to photocopy any documents that we want returned!? How ridiculous! Even stuff like marriage certificate, divorce order etc?

The marriage certificate and divorce order are the most important things to photocopy, because if you don't send copies they might keep the originals... and you don't want to end up without them!

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2018, 08:02:06 PM »
No worries, thank you for the guidance and for saving us a refusal. Bit annoying that I've made such a silly mistake with the payslips but better to have picked it up now! I'd much prefer to make sure everything is correct and to err on the side of caution rather than rush!

Thanks again.

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2018, 09:28:59 AM »
Morning,

Yet another question... my P60 has my old address on it. I don't know why it hasn't been updated in my employer's system but I imagine once the P60 has been generated it can't be altered.

Do you think this is going to be a problem? I've got all the required evidence of us living at our current address plus title register and mortgage statement.

Advice much appreciated, as always. Thank you.

• Liked: 4993
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2018, 01:20:59 PM »
Morning,

Yet another question... my P60 has my old address on it. I don't know why it hasn't been updated in my employer's system but I imagine once the P60 has been generated it can't be altered.

Do you think this is going to be a problem? I've got all the required evidence of us living at our current address plus title register and mortgage statement.

Advice much appreciated, as always. Thank you.

The P60 isn't required, so if you feel better leaving it out as the address isn't correct, go for it.

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2018, 01:39:26 PM »
The P60 isn't required, so if you feel better leaving it out as the address isn't correct, go for it.

Thank you KFdancer, your advice is reassuring. I might have to end up leaving the P60 out as My HR department, as expected, is saying that they can't re-issue my P60 with my new address.

I have found one helpful HR adviser who has said that another section of HR should be able to write me a letter which has my correct address and the P60 info on it. It won't be an actual P60 but I could submit it alongside the official one.

Do you think this is worth me doing?

Unfortunately the HR people I need to write the letter are being much less helpful so I wanted to make sure it's worth the hassle of getting the letter before I go wading into the fray! If not then I guess I won't send in the P60.

Cheers  :)

Sponsored Links