Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Clarification re. answers on traffic ticket and priority option  (Read 3766 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Clarification re. answers on traffic ticket and priority option
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2018, 04:03:53 PM »
All sorted, the landlords signed my revised letter so I now have all my paperwork this end to take with me on Wed for my trip to the USA!

Marriage will be on the 15th and then we submit on 16th!!

Many thanks again to all you wonderful people for your kind help and support! :)

• Liked: 6112
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2018, 04:14:28 PM »
All sorted, the landlords signed my revised letter so I now have all my paperwork this end to take with me on Wed for my trip to the USA!

Marriage will be on the 15th and then we submit on 16th!!

Many thanks again to all you wonderful people for your kind help and support! :)

Excellent! Have a great trip!  :D

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2018, 07:41:48 PM »
We got married successfully on the 15th May and submitted the online application on May 17th (UK time) / May 16th US time after getting certified copies of our marriage certificate from the recorder's office in Vegas.

Thankfully my wife's biometric appointment was successfully done just earlier today (I arrived back in the UK this morning after an overnight flight).

She has sent her biometric sheet along with all the necessary original paperwork (including her passport) that we were advised in this thread using VFS Global courier today (including her passport) plus we also included a complete copy set in the package too along with a hardcopy set she is keeping on hand. We are using priority service for this visa.

Thank you again to everyone for your help! Now we have to wait and pray that we did it all correctly and that it all gets approved efficiently and successfully! :)

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2018, 07:47:00 PM »
We got married successfully on the 15th May and submitted the online application on May 17th (UK time) / May 16th US time after getting certified copies of our marriage certificate from the recorder's office in Vegas.

Thankfully my wife's biometric appointment was successfully done just earlier today (I arrived back in the UK this morning after an overnight flight).

She has sent her biometric sheet along with all the necessary original paperwork (including her passport) that we were advised in this thread using VFS Global courier today (including her passport) plus we also included a complete copy set in the package too along with a hardcopy set she is keeping on hand. We are using priority service for this visa.

Thank you again to everyone for your help! Now we have to wait and pray that we did it all correctly and that it all gets approved efficiently and successfully! :)

Congratulations and good luck!   :)

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2018, 05:08:05 PM »
My wife received her email saying a decision has been made.

Sheffield received the documents on 25th May but acknowledged them on 29th May (due to 28th being a bank holiday). So it's been quite quick in processing.

UPS have collected them and I would hope they would be with her by Fri / Mon latest.

Now is the nerve racking time when I'm hoping that she will have a visa inside her passport when it arrives to her.

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2018, 05:12:08 PM »
My wife received her email saying a decision has been made.

Sheffield received the documents on 25th May but acknowledged them on 29th May (due to 28th being a bank holiday). So it's been quite quick in processing.

UPS have collected them and I would hope they would be with her by Fri / Mon latest.

Now is the nerve racking time when I'm hoping that she will have a visa inside her passport when it arrives to her.

Congratulations!  If it goes out today, she should have it on Friday!

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2018, 05:18:33 PM »
Yay! Fingers crossed!  :)

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2018, 05:22:20 PM »
Thanks for the support guys! :)

Just to check, is there any customs exemption form she needs to fill when arriving in the UK to settle? I know the USA has one for personal items if you ship them over.

Many thanks!

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2018, 06:30:47 PM »
Thanks for the support guys! :)

Just to check, is there any customs exemption form she needs to fill when arriving in the UK to settle? I know the USA has one for personal items if you ship them over.

Many thanks!

Yes, she needs to complete a Transfer of Residence form.

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2018, 06:40:27 PM »
Hi KFDancer!

Thanks for the info. She won't be shipping anything over. Just arriving at the airport with her suitcases full of clothes and things.

Does the form still apply here please? If so, does she get that form at the airport or apply online before she comes? I note applying online can take time.

Thanks.

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2018, 07:06:52 PM »
Hi KFDancer!

Thanks for the info. She won't be shipping anything over. Just arriving at the airport with her suitcases full of clothes and things.

Does the form still apply here please? If so, does she get that form at the airport or apply online before she comes? I note applying online can take time.

Thanks.

Nope, she only needs to complete it if shipping items.  You guys are good to go!

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2018, 07:13:52 PM »
Brilliant! Thank you very much for your help @KFdancer! :)

« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2018, 10:34:14 PM »
We got approved!!!! Very quick - 20-21 business days! Thank you so much to everyone for your help! Special thanks to @KFdancer and @larrabee and @ksand24 !!  ;D

Quick question - her visa page shows she is permitted to work, no public funds and all that good stuff. I note it doesn't say for TYPE spouse (even though we chose Settlement - Wife) but instead says against the Type field: PARTNER (STANDARD) and then my Initials and surname after that. Is that the way they do the Spouse visa now?

Many thanks!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 02:13:49 AM by etp_man »

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2018, 05:50:49 AM »
We got approved!!!! Very quick - 20-21 business days! Thank you so much to everyone for your help! Special thanks to @KFdancer and @larrabee and @ksand24 !!  ;D

Quick question - her visa page shows she is permitted to work, no public funds and all that good stuff. I note it doesn't say for TYPE spouse (even though we chose Settlement - Wife) but instead says against the Type field: PARTNER (STANDARD) and then my Initials and surname after that. Is that the way they do the Spouse visa now?

Many thanks!

Congratulations on the approval! That's great news!  :)

My husband's visa said Spouse/CP of my name but that was 5 years ago now. Hopefully someone who applied recently as a spouse will comment soon.  :)

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2018, 02:21:31 PM »
Thanks @larrabee!

I hope they have issued the right visa type to us and not an unmarried partner type. The documents state that the (Standard) part means a 5 year route to settlement.

I'm just confused if the 'Partner' bit includes Spouse now and hoping we aren't going to have issues when she enters the UK.

We definitely did the application as Settlement - Wife and provided all related marriage documents.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this as you say.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 02:31:55 PM by etp_man »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab