Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: oooooh, FOOP!  (Read 4120 times)

• Liked: 674
Re: oooooh, FOOP!
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 09:00:38 AM »
:)  Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately I can't. But it would otherwise be a great idea!  Maybe I can just get them to send me some info. I'll definitely investigate that.

It's my own fault for not being more careful with the documentation of the two year old stuff, and not reading more carefully in the Irish regs what was going to be needed in the first place. I should know better than to trust Irish government websites, as the info there tends to be incomplete.

Originally the plan was that we were not coming over until this summer, rather than last year, so this would have all been taken care of before having left the States. I specifically had been keeping some select archival bills since 2012 in hardcopy. I remember having them in my hand when we were packing. Obviously, I didn't put them back where they belonged or I'd have them now. I don't think we are missing any boxes we sent with the mover. More likely they were put in a box that accidentally got set in the "donate to charity" pile. Which is kinda disturbing, since there was a lot of personal information in that box. (oops!) Hopefully, if that is the case and it all didn't actually end up in the trash dumpster when we were tossing stuff the AmVets people will have shredded it.  Thankfully it was just bills.

So I was waiting for my quarterly Fidelity statement, which was due in last week. Got the same "spidy sense" thing going, so I checked my "In" box at the mail forwarding in Houston late last night.  Guess what was there? Yep.  So I phoned Fidelity. On all my records my home address here is correct. The Houston address has not been my home address with them since late last summer. I had phoned them about a month ago to confirm that, and was told all was well. They are totally confused about how that can even happen, were extremely nice, and are sending me another one that they promise will be here this week. (Can we fax or email it it?  Seriously? This was after I explained that I needed an original hardcopy and for what purpose. It's an epidemic, isn't it?) I can forward the one from Houston, of course, and will pay around 2 pounds to do so, and it'll show up here in a couple of weeks. But really?   ::)

Ok, the universe wants me to drag my heels on getting this done, for some reason. I cannot begin to imagine what that reason would be.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 10:23:00 AM »
It's just for the mail for the blood donor. You will get an invitation to give blood with an information sheet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 674
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2018, 02:49:36 PM »
Cool thanks! I used to give blood a few years ago in California, and really do think it's a good thing for people who can do it to do. It could easily save someone's life, potentially. And aside from a little sting when they poke ya, and maybe feeling dizzy after the draw for a bit, and maybe some bruising, it really doesn't take much to do.

Will contact them anyway, just as a backup, but I've just received my original January (!!! so where are the subsequent ones?) USA Bank Statement, correct name, correct address, through the mail. So, pwew, I'm now good to go as far as documentation. Finally.  ;D

It also appears my replacement social security card has a date of issue on it. I will have a copy certified, mark off the number with heavy black marker (for security reasons) and send that in as a third document for 2016. So, with the SS letter, the passport, and that, all dated 13 April two years ago, and this final 2018 document, I should be good to go. [I only need two per year, and so I'll send three. For insurance.]
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 02:51:52 PM by Nan D. »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab