Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Packing list for ToR  (Read 2944 times)

• Liked: 7
Packing list for ToR
« on: April 12, 2018, 10:12:51 PM »
Does anyone know how to handle this:
We have most of our stuff already packed. The moving company will be packing the last of the household and shipping it.

I have a list of what we have packed and am wanting to get our ToR number. But I don’t know how the company will be packing the rest of the lot. Box numbers and such....

Can I get the number before the shipping company comes, and then email the rest of the list after they take it all away? Can I amend the list at the last minute? We will be headed to the airport the day after the goods leave....
Thanks!
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying:
"I will try again tomorrow"

• Liked: 113
Packing list for ToR
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 10:18:51 PM »
Technically you don’t need the ToR ref# until your goods are ready to be cleared by customs in the UK ie. goods are in a UK port of entry. So you can apply for ToR after packing everything so you have the complete list on hand. Ideally apply no later than 2-3 weeks before your goods are scheduled to arrive in the UK so they won’t be held up at the port.

Besides, the application can be done through email so it won’t be too cumbersome.

1. Request signed packing lists from moving company
2. Email ToR application plus all supporting documentation to nch.tor@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk
3. nch.tor will provide you with your ToR unique reference number (valid for 12 months, can be used for multiple shipments)
4. Provide this reference # to your movers or whoever is clearing customs in the UK for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 10:33:40 PM by masonjohnsmum »
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

• Liked: 7
Re: Packing list for ToR
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 11:00:01 PM »
Thanks for the answer.
I’m not happy with leaving it until after we arrive in the UK. I’d like to have everything in place before we head to the airport. The goods will take up to 6 weeks t9 arrive,  we and our pets will take about 9 hours!
I’ll have to try to find a phone number to ask....
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying:
"I will try again tomorrow"

Sponsored Links