Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Greetings From Michigan!  (Read 953 times)

• Liked: 0
Greetings From Michigan!
« on: April 16, 2018, 02:38:07 AM »
Greetings!

My name is Renée and I currently reside in Southeastern Michigan but as everyone else here am looking forward to moving to the UK!

I have stumbled upon this website/forum by sheer chance and I'm exceedingly happy that I have. For about the past month or so now I and my boyfriend have been researching on the best course of action on how to move to the UK to be with my boyfriend who lives in the Staffordshire area. We've known each other about 8 years now; we are planning to meet up finally for the first time in hopefully February of 2019.

All this research has caused a lot of grief in my household (between my Mom and myself). So, I hoping that finding this site will perhaps ease that a little! As well as gaining further understanding on what is necessary for me to move so that I can eventually be with this person I care so much about!

I've often desired to live in the UK since a young age, though admittedly I haven't the faintest of idea what possessed such a notion for me at such a youthful age. Everything about the UK has excited me for so long though and the older I get the more I want to be there and now I have even better reason to be.

So, I will definitely be asking questions as I'm a curious and inquisitive individual! I look forward to becoming a part of this community so much and getting to learn about what it will take as well as the vast amount of people here.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Greetings From Michigan!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 06:04:00 AM »
Greetings!

My name is Renée and I currently reside in Southeastern Michigan but as everyone else here am looking forward to moving to the UK!

I have stumbled upon this website/forum by sheer chance and I'm exceedingly happy that I have. For about the past month or so now I and my boyfriend have been researching on the best course of action on how to move to the UK to be with my boyfriend who lives in the Staffordshire area. We've known each other about 8 years now; we are planning to meet up finally for the first time in hopefully February of 2019.

All this research has caused a lot of grief in my household (between my Mom and myself). So, I hoping that finding this site will perhaps ease that a little! As well as gaining further understanding on what is necessary for me to move so that I can eventually be with this person I care so much about!

I've often desired to live in the UK since a young age, though admittedly I haven't the faintest of idea what possessed such a notion for me at such a youthful age. Everything about the UK has excited me for so long though and the older I get the more I want to be there and now I have even better reason to be.

So, I will definitely be asking questions as I'm a curious and inquisitive individual! I look forward to becoming a part of this community so much and getting to learn about what it will take as well as the vast amount of people here.

Hi Renee, welcome to the forum. :)

I'm sure you're aware but it's not easy to come and live in the UK. As a couple who have not lived together for at least 2 years, your only options are the spouse or the finance visas, which for obvious reasons are a huge commitment and have strict financial and other requirements.

I wonder if a student visa might not be a good idea for you? It would give you time to get to know both the country and your boyfriend in person.
The student visa is not a cheap or easy option either but definitely less of a commitment.  :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 06:11:27 AM »
Hey, thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, I have gathered by the material offered on this site it would not be easy!

As for a student visa, I am not sure if that would work out either I had been contemplating a work visa as I have owned and managed other businesses. I probably will post something more in-depth on the appropriate forums but its 1 a.m. here at the moment!

Thanks again!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 06:23:33 AM »
Hey, thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, I have gathered by the material offered on this site it would not be easy!

As for a student visa, I am not sure if that would work out either I had been contemplating a work visa as I have owned and managed other businesses. I probably will post something more in-depth on the appropriate forums but its 1 a.m. here at the moment!

Thanks again!

Unfortunately, a work visa is one of the hardest categories to qualify for.  The partner visas are actually the easiest in the scheme of things but you would have to have met first and be genuinely committed to marriage. It's tough.

See you over in the visa forum!  :)

• Liked: 7
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 09:48:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum! It can be quite a lot or work getting to the UK, but it is definitely possible, and this forum is very friendly and helpful. Best of luck with whatever you decide  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab