Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Women's t-shirt recommendations needed  (Read 2057 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Women's t-shirt recommendations needed
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 10:47:20 AM »
Could try looking at Fenwicks too
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 70
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2018, 11:28:42 AM »
I do Gap and Uniqlo for the basics.

Also worth a try are Sea Salt and Jaeger for more upmarket.

• Liked: 56
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2018, 07:22:03 AM »
I buy most of my casual stuff (e.g. lunch with Mom/the girls, biz casual at office, getting on a plane level) from Seasalt because the quality is just outstanding and the pieces are finished correctly, last forever, and usually have some really nice/surprising detailing that makes everything look pulled together.

I will note that one of their tanktops in cotton has wrinkled pretty heavily and just doesn't hang quite right on me, but everything else has always worked great. Definitely wait for a sale though - they tend to have them every 12 weeks or so and its possible to pick up some really good deals.

Otherwise yeah, agree with you, finding decent quality basics is challenging here - I am still wearing some cotton tops I brought over in 2014 that I got for like $8 each at a regional department store, but cannot find anything close to similar for the same quality short of paying 3x that price. Uniqlo does in a pinch, but its not quite the same weight. Ditto Marks. I refuse to go to Primark because I can't handle the sensory overload.

Ah - you could try SimplyBe - one of their sister brands. I got this cotton tank dress last summer for CHEAP - maybe £12? from some weird German label through them and that thing is comfy, of the weight I was looking for, the quality I was used to, and it wears great. I putter around the house/neighborhood in it instead of shorts. Unfortunately I keep losing it in the closet because its black and looks like a tanktop. SimplyBe is for the larger ladies, but I know they have smaller sizes, just run under a different 'shop'. And I think you want to look under the Basics range. I see they have a 3-pack of cotton tanktops for £13 right now - maybe I will get some and try them out as some of the Uniqlo ones are on their last legs. Just be aware that I think they have a 14 day return policy.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 07:48:32 AM by BertineC »

Sponsored Links