Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Will I ever actually apply?  (Read 5371 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Will I ever actually apply?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2018, 11:48:54 PM »
Ah I see - it is def badly worded! I thought it was a little weird but glad I asked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it’s a weird one. I still have an old copy of the paper version of the form saved and it only asks for the applicant’s parents details on there.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 06:13:03 PM »
I am so close to being able to apply now - yay!

Ooooh, very exciting!  Good luck, but I'm sure you'll be fine!  :)

• Liked: 65
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 05:40:05 AM »
Ooooh, very exciting!  Good luck, but I'm sure you'll be fine!  :)
Thanks Aquila! Just need to hold out til the end of the month so I can get the final bank statement. Looking at applying first week of November - finally!

Spouse Visa issued 31 December 2018
Moved to UK 19 January 2019
FLR app submitted 1 October 2021
Biometrics 9 October 2021
FLR approval 31 October 2021
ILR approval 10 March 2024

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2018, 06:08:09 PM »
With the new process of sending app package to NY, does anyone know if they automatically send all your documents back or do we still have to make copies of the originals we want returned?

• Liked: 537
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 09:09:34 AM »
With the new process of sending app package to NY, does anyone know if they automatically send all your documents back or do we still have to make copies of the originals we want returned?

They've added sending it to NY back in?! They quit that back in 2013... Weird that they're adding it back...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 09:12:54 AM »
They've added sending it to NY back in?! They quit that back in 2013... Weird that they're adding it back...

The difference from then though is that the documents are further scanned from New York, to Sheffield where the decision making centre remains.

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2018, 09:21:09 AM »

Yep, brand new, as of a few weeks ago. I think it's to bring things more in line with other countries.

The process is basically still the same, you just mail everything to New York instead of Sheffield, then New York scan your documents to Sheffield for processing.

From the Apply for a UK visa in the USA page:

3. Mail your application
Your biometric confirmation receipt will be stamped at your appointment. You then have 5 days to mail this, your application form, your passport and supporting documents to VFS Services USA Inc. All applications must be accompanied by a valid passport with at least one page blank on both sides. If the application is mailed without a passport the application will be refused.

You should mail your application to:

VFS Services USA Inc.
UKVI Scanning Hub
750 Third Avenue
Suite 946
New York
NY 10017

• Liked: 537
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2018, 09:24:54 AM »
Yep, brand new, as of a few weeks ago. I think it's to bring things more in line with other countries.

The process is basically still the same, you just mail everything to New York instead of Sheffield, then New York scan your documents to Sheffield for processing.

From the Apply for a UK visa in the USA page:
Well, that at least makes part of the process cheaper! I'll be honest, I accidentally followed the info to ship to NY and they still forwarded me on, which was lucky.
At least they're doing one nice thing!

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2018, 08:26:33 PM »
I noticed a blurb on the application relating to proving a sustaining relationship with children if they aren’t living with you. Is that actually necessary?

My son has been in the UK since last year living with my MIL and attending school. He and my daughter are UKC. Husband, daughter and I went to the UK at the end of August. My husband and daughter stayed to settle since the kids were starting school in September. I came back to the States to wait out the 6 month time period for financials (applying category D).

I will be applying first week of November. Do I have to show I’ve maintained contact with my kids as well as my husband? Do I need to include all this info in my intro letter?

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2018, 11:02:10 PM »
I think I’m over thinking the kid thing. I’m not going to include any of that in my cover letter and will just do a short blurb in the extra info section of the application.

One other question about the app. When asking for employment info is that my info? Seems strange they’d be asking for the applicants employment when it has no bearing but that’s how it reads - am I wrong?

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2018, 11:14:54 PM »
I think I’m over thinking the kid thing. I’m not going to include any of that in my cover letter and will just do a short blurb in the extra info section of the application.

You’re overthinking it. Unless your children are applying for visas as well, they are irrelevant to your application.

Just answer any questions the form ask you about them and leave it at that. I would not write anything in the Additional Information section.

One other question about the app. When asking for employment info is that my info? Seems strange they’d be asking for the applicants employment when it has no bearing but that’s how it reads - am I wrong?

It only asks about your employment because the online form is generic and pretty much the same for all visa types... therefore some of the questions may seem odd and not relevant to you.

Just answer them anyway, but be aware that you do not need to provide any evidence of your employment and that it cannot be considered for the application.

A couple of other tips:
- where it asks how long you intend to stay in the U.K., it’s fine to put Indefinitely or Permanently

- when it asks for details of parents, they mean YOUR parents (the applicant’s parents), even though it reads like they want the sponsor’s parents’ details. They ask to make sure you do not already have claim to U.K. citizenship through your parents.

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2018, 11:29:14 PM »
Got it!  Thank you so much for clarifying those things. I’m starting to go into that last minute panic mode. Gotta switch the brain off - lol

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2018, 08:24:03 PM »
You’re overthinking it. Unless your children are applying for visas as well, they are irrelevant to your application.

Just answer any questions the form ask you about them and leave it at that. I would not write anything in the Additional Information section.

It only asks about your employment because the online form is generic and pretty much the same for all visa types... therefore some of the questions may seem odd and not relevant to you.

Just answer them anyway, but be aware that you do not need to provide any evidence of your employment and that it cannot be considered for the application.

A couple of other tips:
- where it asks how long you intend to stay in the U.K., it’s fine to put Indefinitely or Permanently

- when it asks for details of parents, they mean YOUR parents (the applicant’s parents), even though it reads like they want the sponsor’s parents’ details. They ask to make sure you do not already have claim to U.K. citizenship through your parents.

Thanks for the tips thus far. I’ve got a couple more seemingly dumb questions about appendix 2 - where it asks if my spouse has any dependents I assume I say yes and then list our kids - although - my overactive brain also thought that I’d already told them our kids’ details on the application and maybe this means other kids besides ours?

Second thing is that we’re applying under category D using cash savings and my 401k - so do I check off Category D alone or Category D plus additional income?

I know, I know, probably
overthinking again but I am too close to screw up over some misunderstanding of some slightly confusing questions! Lol thanks in advance for your wisdom!

Just waiting for one last Barclays statement then I can apply - hoping for November 10 - will post my list of docs soon for review. Thanks again for all the help

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab