Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Rental Houses - Painting  (Read 7381 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Rental Houses - Painting
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2018, 01:12:46 PM »
I suspect it's more a slum lord situation.  Moldy, falling off plaster walls and ceilings, boilers that don't work, bathrooms that are shitholes, etc.  Not thousands in repairs due to a tenants actions.

In that case, sure! that makes total sense! It was phrased in a way that sounded like a landlord should expect up-to thousands in repairs after a tenant moves out but I definitely would understand thousands to make sure the property is up to scratch before tenants move in. That is completely fair.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 342
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2018, 01:14:39 PM »
I suspect it's more a slum lord situation.  Moldy, falling off plaster walls and ceilings, boilers that don't work, bathrooms that are shitholes, etc.  Not thousands in repairs due to a tenants actions.

Rails on stairs for the correct distance; these railings having the correct gap between them and having to be the right way around and for the landing, etc. etc

I'm getting the feeling that you two have not read the laws before you started a business? Just thought that the tenants did not have many rights? Didn't realise that the landlord is responsible for the safety their tenants?

Is your contract worth the paper it's written on? Also remembereing that you can't take away a persons legal rights in a contract? I've seen some very strange wording in contracts posted on forums, that read more like a landlords wish list. :)

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:34:13 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2018, 11:19:06 AM »
Rails on stairs for the correct distance; these railings having the correct gap between them and having to be the right way around and for the landing, etc. etc

I'm getting the feeling that you two have not read the laws before you started a business? Just thought that the tenants did not have many rights? Didn't realise that the landlord is responsible for the safety their tenants?

Is your contract worth the paper it's written on? Also remembereing that you can't take away a persons legal rights in a contract? I've seen some very strange wording in contracts posted on forums, that read more like a landlords wish list. :)

Clearly you’re smarter than I.

Enjoy your weekend :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab