Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: SSSSSSUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2529 times)

• Liked: 674
Re: SSSSSSUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2018, 07:26:49 AM »
I doubled your recipe, but made each piece larger, and it covered the bottom of my oval crockpot. I did cut back on the sugar a little bit, and subbed partly a brown sugar/stevia replacement. I wouldn't have thought that would have caused the excess char. Hmmmm, yeah, next time in a bowl since I think it was the cooker itself. There really wasn't much left to give the girls this morning (they are just now starting to stagger around), so I'll try it again later today. I think the houseguest will be back tonight, as the thing they are both attending at the Uni goes on through tomorrow.

I also may set it aside for more than 5 minutes before I cook it, to give it time to raise just a bit. I used "fast acting" yeast, and while I got a bit of a rise in the cooking, it was minimal. I also might proof the yeast before I mix it in with the flour. It wasn't very warm in my kitchen (as far as the yeasties were concerned) so they may only have been able to do their thing for a very short time while in the crockpot. It was still of a good texture, tho.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2018, 08:39:33 AM »
I doubled your recipe, but made each piece larger, and it covered the bottom of my oval crockpot. I did cut back on the sugar a little bit, and subbed partly a brown sugar/stevia replacement. I wouldn't have thought that would have caused the excess char. Hmmmm, yeah, next time in a bowl since I think it was the cooker itself. There really wasn't much left to give the girls this morning (they are just now starting to stagger around), so I'll try it again later today. I think the houseguest will be back tonight, as the thing they are both attending at the Uni goes on through tomorrow.

I also may set it aside for more than 5 minutes before I cook it, to give it time to raise just a bit. I used "fast acting" yeast, and while I got a bit of a rise in the cooking, it was minimal. I also might proof the yeast before I mix it in with the flour. It wasn't very warm in my kitchen (as far as the yeasties were concerned) so they may only have been able to do their thing for a very short time while in the crockpot. It was still of a good texture, tho.

Yeah, I've not yet figured out if "fast acting" dried active yeast is the same thing as "instant" yeast.  But the package says mine can be added in to the dry ingredients, no need to prove it first, so I think it's the right thing.  But I'm with you on letting it rest a bit longer.  It could've been fluffier.  And I'll definitely put it in a bowl in my slow cooker to protect it from that back edge.  I don't think it was your substitutions.  I think it's just the way our slow cookers are made as we both had the same result.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2018, 11:38:47 AM »
We had an email blast that Ice Cream Man is coming this afternoon at 4:30.

People are freaking out.  "Ice Cream Man!"  You'd think they were giving puppies away.

If I've learned nothing else about grown-ass English people it's that they LOVE a good ice cream truck visit...haha

This weather makes me wish I had a hammock and no job.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 49
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2018, 09:45:11 AM »
Holy Moly what is this bright glowing ball in the sky?  And the blue stuff around it?

Anyone else sad to be working today?

I have declared that we need a big team meeting at the pub garden for lunch.  I've had no complaints!
My husband is almost translucent pale and he got a little sun today on our long walk! It was lovely here in Edinburgh!x

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links