Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Done with facebook  (Read 1559 times)

• Liked: 82
Done with facebook
« on: April 22, 2018, 12:46:36 AM »
The time has come for me to leave that stupid Facebook group. Had an issue with another member, who everyone thinks is God, but she still gives incorrect advise all the time....and she proved my point on her replies. So condescending, so rude.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 113
Re: Done with facebook
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 04:24:21 AM »
What FB group is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

• Liked: 768
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 08:02:37 AM »
The time has come for me to leave that stupid Facebook group. Had an issue with another member, who everyone thinks is God, but she still gives incorrect advise all the time....and she proved my point on her replies. So condescending, so rude.

I left one after I got a PM from an admin that I've had complaints against me for telling some posters that had posted both there and on this board that the information they received from UK YANKEE was absolutely correct.

Who needs that kind of aggravation? I'm pretty sure it's this same group you are leaving.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 08:09:32 AM »
I left one after I got a PM from an admin that I've had complaints against me for telling some posters that had posted both there and on this board that the information they received from UK YANKEE was absolutely correct.

The truth is often not what people want to hear.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 08:18:38 AM »
If it's that big American one, I left it because I got tired of seeing stuff from it in my feed all day every day. Especially when all it ever has to do with is London.

Nothing wrong with living in London, it's a great city. I simply don't care as I'm 2.5 hours away and I can't tell it to stop showing that. Haha.

That and I am not all touchy feely in textual communication. I tend to keep things to the point.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 08:45:52 AM »
If it's that big American one, I left it because I got tired of seeing stuff from it in my feed all day every day. Especially when all it ever has to do with is London.

Nothing wrong with living in London, it's a great city. I simply don't care as I'm 2.5 hours away and I can't tell it to stop showing that. Haha.

That and I am not all touchy feely in textual communication. I tend to keep things to the point.
It the huge I love my foreign spouse group. I had issues with the woman before. And it is just getting out of hand now.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 09:10:23 AM »
It the huge I love my foreign spouse group. I had issues with the woman before. And it is just getting out of hand now.

What did they say that was wrong?

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 11:58:10 AM »
What did they say that was wrong?
Most recently it was over correspondence and addresses. In the past it has been everything from when you can apply to types of documents to answers.on the application. If I provide actual proof she is wrong, the response is 'well that's your opinion' if it results in someone's refusal the response is 'I was only offering advice you don't have to take it'

Just fed up after reading her passive aggressive post about me last night

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 12:02:08 PM »
Most recently it was over correspondence and addresses. In the past it has been everything from when you can apply to types of documents to answers.on the application. If I provide actual proof she is wrong, the response is 'well that's your opinion' if it results in someone's refusal the response is 'I was only offering advice you don't have to take it'

Just fed up after reading her passive aggressive post about me last night

Ugh, it’s so frustrating.

I try to stay away from visa posts on Facebook.  Apparently I am VERY wrong that you do NOT need an attorney.   ::)

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 12:04:26 PM »
Ugh, it’s so frustrating.

I try to stay away from visa posts on Facebook.  Apparently I am VERY wrong that you do NOT need an attorney.   ::)
All us who didn't use an attorney are absolutely wrong.

Facebook is extremely frustrating lately

• Liked: 537
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 12:34:27 PM »
All us who didn't use an attorney are absolutely wrong.

Facebook is extremely frustrating lately

People like to believe they're right, whether or not they actually are is a whole other story. I prefer to be accurate. :)
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 12:36:21 PM »
People like to believe they're right, whether or not they actually are is a whole other story. I prefer to be accurate. :)
Same I only reply if I know the answer im is accurate

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 05:22:50 PM »
I find that loads of expat facebook groups (not including local meet-up ones or something), can just get totally exhausting so I don't blame you. The mentality some people have can just be absolutely shocking.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 05:25:03 PM »
I find that loads of expat facebook groups (not including local meet-up ones or something), can just get totally exhausting so I don't blame you. The mentality some people have can just be absolutely shocking.

That's why I love this place so much! It's so rare that such a diverse group of people get on as well as we do!  :D

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 05:39:28 PM »
That's why I love this place so much! It's so rare that such a diverse group of people get on as well as we do!  :D

Wholeheartedly agree. Other groups can just have such negativity that it’s a bummer too! Here people can have a moan while balancing it out with positives or getting helpful advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab