Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Corelle dinner set  (Read 12666 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Corelle dinner set
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 04:10:39 PM »
I'm envious that you guys get to eat in the lounge.  We did the "round the table" thing every night.  It's good - of course it's good.  But I'm envious.

During Mouse Hunt we had a picnic in the lounge each evening as I refused to eat in a mouse infested kitchen.  But that resulted in many blankets having to be washed with spills and crumb-ies all over them.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 04:12:37 PM »
I'm envious that you guys get to eat in the lounge.  We did the "round the table" thing every night.  It's good - of course it's good.  But I'm envious.

During Mouse Hunt we had a picnic in the lounge each evening as I refused to eat in a mouse infested kitchen.  But that resulted in many blankets having to be washed with spills and crumb-ies all over them.

Ah but you are doing it right for the kids!  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2018, 04:13:32 PM »
Our next purchase is going to be some pasta bowl/plates that are just deep enough to not have to worry about sauce slipping over the edges!

Love those!  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2018, 05:06:07 PM »

If we had kids, we would do a "round the table" thing I'm sure, but where it's just the two of us and our dumb-doggo, we sit in the lounge with an Ikea coffee table for some support and cushions on our laps for the rest haha. We watch TV with dinner while I'm sure you guys actually chat to each other and your kids.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 154
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 05:45:30 PM »

In our old place we didn’t have a dining area so we huddled around the living room table. Now we do it’s  hard to break the habit but I’m trying!!! 

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2018, 07:00:03 PM »
I'm glad we do dinner together.

But sometimes you want to sit in front of the tv, in your jammies, and eat potato chips and call it dinner.   ;D

And it's not a TV commercial dinner time.  Usually at least one kid is crying, or licking the table, or refusing what's in front of them.  It's fun!   ::)

• Liked: 585
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2018, 08:54:17 PM »

They are good, sturdy and easily replaceable. They come in a pack with six settings or individually, so you can top us as you need to. If bought individually, they're less than £2 a piece, so won't be too hard on your wallet if (or when) they break. ;D

I feel like a pure numpty, because OH said, before I bought the Corelle, 'why don't we just get some Ikea stuff that we can replace one piece at a time, as-and-when?'  and I was all 'No, we are getting Corelle, as it's unbreakable'.  I hate it when he's right!  ;)

• Liked: 154
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2018, 10:07:02 PM »
I'm glad we do dinner together.

But sometimes you want to sit in front of the tv, in your jammies, and eat potato chips and call it dinner.   ;D

And it's not a TV commercial dinner time.  Usually at least one kid is crying, or licking the table, or refusing what's in front of them.  It's fun!   ::)

Ha! My favourite is the “ I don’t like this” game...but kiddo you just ate it last week at your nan’s house. Well hers is different. .... sigh lol  but I do enjoy dinner at the table. My mom made us, and I have good memories of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2018, 11:00:46 PM »

They are good, sturdy and easily replaceable. They come in a pack with six settings or individually, so you can top us as you need to. If bought individually, they're less than £2 a piece, so won't be too hard on your wallet if (or when) they break. ;D

This is so funny. I hate washing our dishes because they are too heavy and when soapy slip out of my hands. I miss Corelle... My parents have used it my entire life. We used tupperwear plastic plates until we could be trusted with adult ones. haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2018, 09:11:12 AM »

My favourite is the “ I don’t like this” game...but kiddo you just ate it last week at your nan’s house.

Sunday night...  my kid ate her beef taco meat.  Asked for more.  Then announced "she didn't like it."  WTF?  You just ate a plateful of it.

The baby is in the phase of throwing the food he doesn't want over his shoulder behind him...

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2018, 09:11:52 AM »
I feel like a pure numpty, because OH said, before I bought the Corelle, 'why don't we just get some Ikea stuff that we can replace one piece at a time, as-and-when?'  and I was all 'No, we are getting Corelle, as it's unbreakable'.  I hate it when he's right!  ;)

You were both right.  Corelle IS unbreakable.  It's just slippery.   ;D

• Liked: 674
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2018, 11:37:47 AM »
Sunday night...  my kid ate her beef taco meat.  Asked for more.  Then announced "she didn't like it."  WTF?  You just ate a plateful of it.

The baby is in the phase of throwing the food he doesn't want over his shoulder behind him...

Daughter went through a phase, as a toddler, when you'd ask her if she liked her favorite food. She'd say no. She developed a wicked sense of humor shortly thereafter, and I've been outmatched since.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2018, 11:47:16 AM »

Your daughter:  When I was in kindergarten, there was a day when I didn't feel well, but I didn't know what was wrong.  The only words I knew at that moment that meant "I don't feel good" were "I have a headache."  I didn't know what a headache was, but looking back later, I know I didn't have one then.  But the words got my teacher's attention, and she determined I had a fever, and soon my mother was there to take me home.

Maybe your daughter didn't know/remember the words for "I am full."

Your son: That's just sensible.  He doesn't want it, so he puts it out of sight.  He's just being practical, I think.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2018, 12:38:57 PM »
Maybe your daughter didn't know/remember the words for "I am full."

It definitely meant, "Hmmm... instead of eating another helping of this, I'm going to try to get a yogurt, ice cream, and/or chocolate instead."

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2018, 12:55:41 PM »
It definitely meant, "Hmmm... instead of eating another helping of this, I'm going to try to get a yogurt, ice cream, and/or chocolate instead."

Oh, that is a much more complicated concept to convey.  You are most definitely right.  But by then, surely she'd eaten enough real food to be allowed a bit...?

Do you give the kids sugar near bedtime?  My mother rarely served desserts.  This is a problem for my husband, because I often don't think of dessert, and he expects a treat after every meal, whereas, I serve dessert once or twice a month.  :P
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Sponsored Links