Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 3 Burning Questions  (Read 995 times)

• Liked: 4
3 Burning Questions
« on: April 26, 2018, 02:08:40 PM »
1. As the sponsor I have submitted my 6 months of banks statements...does my wife have to submit hers too?
2. What order does the evidence need to placed in when we ship to uk immigration in Sheffield (if any)
3. If we use the silver premium package are we supposed to let the centre handle and and post the application documents or do we get a receipt and post this ourselves with a receipt indicating the payment for premium service?

Thanks as always folks.

Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
Re: 3 Burning Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 02:10:59 PM »
1.  Your wife only submits bank statements if the account is being used to prove the requirement through cash savings or investment income.

2.  Just use a sensible order.  The only thing that really matters is having the priority receipt at the top of the pile.  Keep all the financial documents together, accommodation together, and relationship together.  Sheffield will reorganise the pile into their preferred order when they receive it in.

3.  There isn't a silver service for settlement visas.  It's just the one option for $800ish.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 03:18:09 PM »
1.  Your wife only submits bank statements if the account is being used to prove the requirement through cash savings or investment income.

2.  Just use a sensible order.  The only thing that really matters is having the priority receipt at the top of the pile.  Keep all the financial documents together, accommodation together, and relationship together.  Sheffield will reorganise the pile into their preferred order when they receive it in.

3.  There isn't a silver service for settlement visas.  It's just the one option for $800ish.
Thanks, useful stuff

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 04:17:54 PM »

Looks like a company called VFS Global they seem to have a Premium Application Centre that offer bronze (free) silver and gold at additional charges, I have no idea what these are my wife just flagged the option.

They go on to mention that the Premium Application Centres are not Application Support Centres, The gold, silver and bronze and the settlement premium service package are the only services offered at the Premium Application Centres. If you are not interested in these services please book a biometric appointment at an Application Support Centre nearest you....confused.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 04:35:38 PM »
Looks like a company called VFS Global they seem to have a Premium Application Centre that offer bronze (free) silver and gold at additional charges, I have no idea what these are my wife just flagged the option.

They go on to mention that the Premium Application Centres are not Application Support Centres, The gold, silver and bronze and the settlement premium service package are the only services offered at the Premium Application Centres. If you are not interested in these services please book a biometric appointment at an Application Support Centre nearest you....confused.

There are three levels of service for settlement applications from the USA:

Non-priority:  This is where you do NOT book an additional service through VFS.  The application is received in and processed behind priority applications.  Typical turnaround is about 60 working days (three months) but this usually stretches to 4-6 months during the peak summer period

Priority:  $848 booked through VFS.  This puts your application at the back of the priority queue - in front of non-priority applications.  Typical turnaround is about 20 business days at the moment but this is usually 30 business days (6 weeks) and rarely stretches beyond that during peak summer period.

Gold:  $1700 booked through VFS.  This is a new service that SUCKS.  You get no additional service and the only applicants to have used this so far have had wait times approximately twice that of regular priority applications.  DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!!!

The services you are reading about on the VFS website are for non-settlement visas.  You need to be looking at the settlement priority options.

Sponsored Links