Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Marriage Visitor Visa Questions  (Read 4373 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Marriage Visitor Visa Questions
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2018, 03:21:59 PM »
He has been reading along and is going to register within the next few days so he can join the conversation. I just don't know much about it and would feel more comfortable if he'd explain that part. Thank you !! :)

Hi Mr AmyB!  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2018, 03:33:08 PM »

• Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2018, 04:29:52 PM »
Hello people.. 1st of all MANY thanks for all the help/advise so far, as Amy said it really is a massive help. Ive just sent off to renew my passport to go visit Amy in a few weeks time  thanks to the help & information from here  ;D So our new plan is i go over to visit in a few weeks time, then go back end of October/early November get married, then Amy applies for the Spouse visa to come live with me in the UK (sounds so simple lol) @KFdancer any advice on what kind of info Amy will need from me concerning my employment? im guessing anything needed will be easily accessible from my boss, my accountant or bank?

Mark

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2018, 05:18:27 PM »
Hello people.. 1st of all MANY thanks for all the help/advise so far, as Amy said it really is a massive help. Ive just sent off to renew my passport to go visit Amy in a few weeks time  thanks to the help & information from here  ;D So our new plan is i go over to visit in a few weeks time, then go back end of October/early November get married, then Amy applies for the Spouse visa to come live with me in the UK (sounds so simple lol) @KFdancer any advice on what kind of info Amy will need from me concerning my employment? im guessing anything needed will be easily accessible from my boss, my accountant or bank?

Mark

Welcome Mark!

Can you tell us about your employment situation? 

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2018, 05:20:58 PM »

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2018, 07:28:36 PM »
Welcome Mark!

Can you tell us about your employment situation?

I am self employed & sub contract from my cousins company.

Hi Mark!  :)

Hey  8)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 07:30:47 PM by Mark B »

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2018, 07:42:01 PM »
I am self employed & sub contract from my cousins company.

Hey  8)

Are you registered as a sole trader, director of a limited company, etc?  Which one?   ;D

And what is your financial year?

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2018, 11:31:58 PM »
Apologies for the delay, Registered as Sole Trader yes, financial year? im guessing you mean when i submitted my tax return? if so January 31st

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2018, 06:41:42 AM »
Apologies for the delay, Registered as Sole Trader yes, financial year? im guessing you mean when i submitted my tax return? if so January 31st

If you are a sole trader, your tax year should be April 6th to April 5th, same as everyone else.

If you were a director of a limited company, your tax year would be the accounting year of the company, as listed on your CT600 form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2018, 07:13:53 AM »

Have a bit of a read of these links for all the finer details of your category but you are looking at providing ALL of the following evidence.

7. In respect of self-employment in the UK as a partner, as a sole trader or in a franchise all of the following must be provided:
(a) Evidence of the amount of tax payable, paid and unpaid for the last full financial year.
(b) The following documents for the last full financial year, or for the last two such years (where those documents show the necessary level of gross profit as an average of those two years):
(i) annual self-assessment tax return to HMRC (a copy or print-out); and
(ii) Statement of Account (SA300 or SA302).
(c) Proof of registration with HMRC as self-employed if available.
(d) Each partner’s Unique Tax Reference Number (UTR) and/or the UTR of the partnership or business.
(e) Where the person holds or held a separate business bank account(s), bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s).
(f) personal bank statements for the same 12-month period as the tax return(s) showing that the income from self-employment has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
(g) Evidence of ongoing self-employment through the provision of at least one of the following: a bank statement dated no more than three months earlier than the date of application showing transactions relating to ongoing trading, or evidence dated no more than three months earlier than the date of application of the renewal of a licence to trade or of ongoing payment of business rates, business-related insurance premiums, employer National Insurance contributions or franchise payments to the parent company.
(h) One of the following documents must also be submitted:
(i) (aa) If the business is required to produce annual audited accounts, such accounts for the last full financial year; or
(bb) If the business is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial Accountants;
(ii) A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial year (a copy or print-out) confirming the VAT registration number, if turnover is in excess of £79,000 or was in excess of the threshold which applied during the last full financial year;
(iii) Evidence to show appropriate planning permission or local planning authority consent is held to operate the type/class of business at the trading address (where this is a local authority requirement); or
(iv) A franchise agreement signed by both parties.
(i) The document referred to in paragraph 7(h)(iv) must be provided if the organisation is a franchise.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/636618/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2018, 08:43:27 AM »
What this means, is that everything you submit will be based on April 6, 2017 until April 5, 2018.  If you have not yet completed your taxes for this year yet (which I imagine is unlikely), PLEASE work with a good accountant and us to ensure your tax return reflects that you will make the required amount necessary to sponsor Amy and her children.  If an error is made (to save on tax), you will have to wait until your accounts from April 6, 2018 to April 5, 2019 are complete.

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2018, 05:23:19 PM »
Hey people update time... had a word with my boss (also my cousin) over the weekend & hes offered to employ me instead of me being self employed & sub contracting to him, which going on the links Larra posted has really helped our future situation. Still a long way to go but we will get there, again many thanks for all your help so far it is very much appreciated. Will be back with more news/questions soon.

BTW im going over to see Amy 3 weeks today :o thanks to you guys & girls ;D

Mark

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2018, 05:26:57 PM »
Hey people update time... had a word with my boss (also my cousin) over the weekend & hes offered to employ me instead of me being self employed & sub contracting to him, which going on the links Larra posted has really helped our future situation. Still a long way to go but we will get there, again many thanks for all your help so far it is very much appreciated. Will be back with more news/questions soon.

BTW im going over to see Amy 3 weeks today :o thanks to you guys & girls ;D

Mark

That's fantastic news!  ;D

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2018, 06:59:11 PM »
Hello again people, its update time & i did say id be back with more questions lol. So ive just booked my flight to go back to Amy at the end of October & we are trying to get things sorted so we can get married while im there  ;D On my last trip going through customs, i was asked about my trip, work ect ect, i told them i was visiting my girlfriend & was planning to come back later in the year to get married. Everything went fine, but when i mentioned getting married, the guy told me i would have to contact the US embassy i think & tell them im coming to get married & some other things, tbh i wasn't taking much notice just wanted to get going lol. My question is do i need to contact anyone or apply for any kind of clearance to marry Amy before i go?

TIA
Mark

• Liked: 85
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »
Hello again people, its update time & i did say id be back with more questions lol. So ive just booked my flight to go back to Amy at the end of October & we are trying to get things sorted so we can get married while im there  ;D On my last trip going through customs, i was asked about my trip, work ect ect, i told them i was visiting my girlfriend & was planning to come back later in the year to get married. Everything went fine, but when i mentioned getting married, the guy told me i would have to contact the US embassy i think & tell them im coming to get married & some other things, tbh i wasn't taking much notice just wanted to get going lol. My question is do i need to contact anyone or apply for any kind of clearance to marry Amy before i go?

TIA
Mark

No need to contact anyone, you can get married on the ESTA! You'd only have to contact the embassy if you intend to remain in the US afterward
FLR(M) Timeline:
Application type: Spouse settlement visa extension (super priority)
BRP expiration: Late May 2021
Online application submitted: April 14, 2021
Biometrics appointment: April 25, 2021
Decision made: April 26, 2021 - emailed at 1:40 pm

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab