Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Marriage Visitor Visa Questions  (Read 4350 times)

• It's never too late to live happily ever after
  • Liked: 219
Re: Marriage Visitor Visa Questions
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2018, 04:06:29 PM »
Congrats looks like our anniversaries are 2 days apart :) Just ordered my marriage certificate to start the name change process seems fairly easy just more fees and more time... where's the fast forward button when you need it lol
How cool is that, yay  :)  Thank you ...Oh tell me about it, I am ready for December and to have everything sent, done and sit back and stress lol ... I am a nervous wreck  :D
I am going today to get my DL name changed, I will apply next week (fingers crossed)  for the Visa... Good thing was when I sent for my passport name change I did it priority and got it back 7 days later...still waiting on my old passport to come before I can actually apply, hope it gets here this week.... Good Vibes going your way  ;)
Found My Soulmate 12/2017
Engaged : 6/15/2018
Married : 10/28/2018
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted : 11/19/2018
Biometrics appointment : 11/23/2018
Docs sent to NY : 11/23/2018
Doc received in NY : 11/26/2018
Docs received in Sheffield email :12/21/2018
Email requesting proof of Priority Service : 1/26/2019
Email stating "technical issue which is delaying this application : 1/30/2019
Email requesting bank statements to be re-sent : 2/14/2019
2nd Email requesting bank statements: 3/4/19
Decision made email: 3/6/19
Visa : YESS 3/7/19 (70BD)

• Liked: 9
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2018, 04:09:33 PM »
How cool is that, yay  :)  Thank you ...Oh tell me about it, I am ready for December and to have everything sent, done and sit back and stress lol ... I am a nervous wreck  :D
I am going today to get my DL name changed, I will apply next week (fingers crossed)  for the Visa... Good thing was when I sent for my passport name change I did it priority and got it back 7 days later...still waiting on my old passport to come before I can actually apply, hope it gets here this week.... Good Vibes going your way  ;)

That is soooo exciting best of luck to you!!!! I have a bit of a wait to collect the income documentation needed so I won't be applying until probably the end of January. I hope everything goes great your end!!!  ;D
Met: (On Facebook) 11 February 2017
Met in person: 19 October 2017
Engaged: 21 June 2018
Married: 31 October 2018 (Chicago, IL)
Online App Submitted (Settlement, Wife w/2 children) : 14 January 2019
Biometrics appointment : 23 January 2019
Docs sent to NY : 23 January 2019
Doc received in NY : 24 January 2019
Docs received in Sheffield email : 03 March 2019
Decision made email received : 03 April 2019 (REFUSED)
Visa received :

• It's never too late to live happily ever after
  • Liked: 219
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2018, 04:38:45 PM »
That is soooo exciting best of luck to you!!!! I have a bit of a wait to collect the income documentation needed so I won't be applying until probably the end of January. I hope everything goes great your end!!!  ;D
Thank you.  :)..Yeah... DH is sending off today the last bank statements/ payroll slips so I will get them Monday..yay..
I will list on my thread later the list of things he is sending and then tomorrow the full list so I can get them all in order...I am so afraid (i didn't used to be OCD  ::) till recently haha) I will miss something major, thanks to this site for all the help and support ...Best of luck to you as well  ;)
Found My Soulmate 12/2017
Engaged : 6/15/2018
Married : 10/28/2018
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted : 11/19/2018
Biometrics appointment : 11/23/2018
Docs sent to NY : 11/23/2018
Doc received in NY : 11/26/2018
Docs received in Sheffield email :12/21/2018
Email requesting proof of Priority Service : 1/26/2019
Email stating "technical issue which is delaying this application : 1/30/2019
Email requesting bank statements to be re-sent : 2/14/2019
2nd Email requesting bank statements: 3/4/19
Decision made email: 3/6/19
Visa : YESS 3/7/19 (70BD)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2018, 05:00:44 PM »
(i didn't used to be OCD  ::) till recently haha)

OCD is useful when it comes to visa applications!  ;)

« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2018, 04:00:07 PM »
Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great holiday with your families and all is well. We are finally approaching the point of submitting my application for the spouse visa. Next week we will have all the documentation needed to prove our application and Mark will be mailing me everything we need to include from his side.

Advanced apologies I'll probably have a ton of questions when I start assembling our package to send in but I do have a few spots on the application itself I'm stuck on right now.

On the first page it asks date of planned arrival and how long I intend to stay, not really sure how to answer those two.

Entering my children's information it asked for visa held and I'm assuming I select 'not required' is this correct? And the two of them will be covered on my visa, they do NOT need an application?

Last question for now, on the last page where it asks for additional information what do I include there? Information about my refusal? Anything in particular in regards to the children?

Thanks in advance!! Things are getting tense I'm excited to apply but, like everyone, can't afford any mistakes.  :) ;)
Visa received :

• Liked: 3589
Marriage Visitor Visa Questions
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2018, 04:30:41 PM »
On the first page it asks date of planned arrival and how long I intend to stay, not really sure how to answer those two.

The date of planned arrival is your chance to decide when you want your visa to start. It will be made valid for 30 days, usually starting 7 days before the date you put... so you want to put the earliest possible date you know you can travel within 30 days of. If this date has passed before the visa is issued, it will just be made valid starting a few days after the decision has been made.

For the length of stay you just put either permanently or indefinitely.

Entering my children's information it asked for visa held and I'm assuming I select 'not required' is this correct? And the two of them will be covered on my visa, they do NOT need an application?

Edited because I checked your past posts:

You need to say what visa your children will require (child dependant of a person settled in the U.K.).

As they are US citizens and not British you will need to apply for a separate visa for each child, plus the financial requirement you need to meet will be higher (£24,800 instead of £18,600) to cover the children as well.

There is no situation where your children will be covered on your visa, they each need to apply for and hold their own visa.

Last question for now, on the last page where it asks for additional information what do I include there? Information about my refusal? Anything in particular in regards to the children?

Most people leave it blank but you can put something there about your refusal if you like, though you should also address the refusal in a cover letter and include the refusal paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 04:39:16 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2018, 06:30:02 PM »
The date of planned arrival is your chance to decide when you want your visa to start. It will be made valid for 30 days, usually starting 7 days before the date you put... so you want to put the earliest possible date you know you can travel within 30 days of. If this date has passed before the visa is issued, it will just be made valid starting a few days after the decision has been made.

You need to say what visa your children will require (child dependant of a person settled in the U.K.).

As they are US citizens and not British you will need to apply for a separate visa for each child, plus the financial requirement you need to meet will be higher (£24,800 instead of £18,600) to cover the children as well.

There is no situation where your children will be covered on your visa, they each need to apply for and hold their own visa.

Most people leave it blank but you can put something there about your refusal if you like, though you should also address the refusal in a cover letter and include the refusal paperwork.

You will also need a legal agreement from the children’s father stating that he does not object to them moving to the UK permanently. 

« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2018, 08:18:50 PM »

Ok thank you. I started applications for them as well. The move was agreed and included in our divorce decree so I have that covered.

The question about the visa held I misread it simply asks "do they hold a valid visa for the UK" and the answers are yes, no and not required. Currently the answer would be no but I'm still unsure.

In the "Under 18" section of the application I need to provide information about the parents in the home country and who they will be staying with in the UK. Their father's information will go in the 'home country' section and my husband for 'who they will be staying with' but where would I put MY information. I'm assuming I would go the UK side since I will be living with them there but need to make sure that's correct.

*Edit: Will I have to complete an appendix 2 for each of them and send copies of the proof as well with their own labels and separate packages or just their applications with the rest of my package?

Thanks again! :)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 08:27:41 PM by AmyB »
Visa received :

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2018, 08:54:15 PM »
Ok thank you. I started applications for them as well. The move was agreed and included in our divorce decree so I have that covered.

The question about the visa held I misread it simply asks "do they hold a valid visa for the UK" and the answers are yes, no and not required. Currently the answer would be no but I'm still unsure.

In the "Under 18" section of the application I need to provide information about the parents in the home country and who they will be staying with in the UK. Their father's information will go in the 'home country' section and my husband for 'who they will be staying with' but where would I put MY information. I'm assuming I would go the UK side since I will be living with them there but need to make sure that's correct.

*Edit: Will I have to complete an appendix 2 for each of them and send copies of the proof as well with their own labels and separate packages or just their applications with the rest of my package?

Thanks again! :)

You only need to send them three completed applications, one appendix 2, and ship all packages together with the same supporting information.

There is an error in the system and it won’t allow you to pay the NHS fee yet for minor (which is doubling from £600 to £1200 per person on January 8th I believe.)

After the visas are approved, UKVI will contact you to pay the NHS fees for the kids.  Which is when you will know you are all approved! 

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2018, 08:52:47 AM »
You only need to send them three completed applications, one appendix 2, and ship all packages together with the same supporting information.

Don't you need to fill out 3 Appendix 2 forms, one for each application? I'm sure that's what everyone has done in the past.

« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2018, 04:39:31 PM »
Thank you, thank you. 3 appendix 2 forms? Yikes!  :o

Is there a limit on length of time between when I submit the application and sign the declarations online and get to the biometrics appointment/send in the package? I'm so remote and have very limited access to transportation plus we do not have a printer here so I'm actually wondering if I can have Mark print my applications and include them with everything he's about to send me from his side. Once I receive his documents I can have someone give me a ride to the appointment but I'm hesitant to schedule anything because international mail is so unpredictable. I’m concerned about too much time lapsing between when I submit online and send the actual package in. To be honest, I'm kind of confused on the whole process after the application is submitted with the shipping labels, paying fees, etc. and how time sensitive it may be.
Visa received :

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2018, 04:50:53 PM »
Thank you, thank you. 3 appendix 2 forms? Yikes!  :o

As I understand it, you complete the online application + Appendix 2 for each application you make... because Appendix 2 is the second half of the application, and it is not complete without it.

Is there a limit on length of time between when I submit the application and sign the declarations online and get to the biometrics appointment/send in the package? I'm so remote and have very limited access to transportation plus we do not have a printer here so I'm actually wondering if I can have Mark print my applications and include them with everything he's about to send me from his side. Once I receive his documents I can have someone give me a ride to the appointment but I'm hesitant to schedule anything because international mail is so unpredictable. I’m concerned about too much time lapsing between when I submit online and send the actual package in. To be honest, I'm kind of confused on the whole process after the application is submitted with the shipping labels, paying fees, etc. and how time sensitive it may be.

You should not submit the online application until you have every single supporting document in your hands and they are all completely ready to mail to New York.

You only have 5 days from the biometrics appointment to mail everything to New York, and we have had people miss the deadline because they are still waiting for documents to arrive.

You SHOULD NEVER use any Royal Mail or USPS services to mail important visa documents, because chances are, they will get held up by customs for several weeks or may not even arrive at all. So, he will need to courier everything to you using UPS, FedEx or DHL. They have their own customs and tracking, and the documents should arrive within 2-4 days, depending on which service you pay for.

Do you have a friend nearby who has a printer and can print the application out for you? Or maybe a local library or printing shop?

« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2018, 04:55:46 PM »
As I understand it, you complete the online application + Appendix 2 for each application you make... because Appendix 2 is the second half of the application, and it is not complete without it.

You should not submit the online application until you have every single supporting document in your hands and they are all completely ready to mail to New York.

You only have 5 days from the biometrics appointment to mail everything to New York, and we have had people miss the deadline because they are still waiting for documents to arrive.

You SHOULD NEVER use any Royal Mail or USPS services to mail important visa documents, because chances are, they will get held up by customs for several weeks or may not even arrive at all. So, he will need to courier everything to you using UPS, FedEx or DHL. They have their own customs and tracking, and the documents should arrive within 2-4 days, depending on which service you pay for.

Do you have a friend nearby who has a printer and can print the application out for you? Or maybe a local library or printing shop?

Check, check I gotcha and thank you never would have considered the postal nightmare we could have faced there. So thankful for your wisdom. We have a printing shop nearby I guess I can submit the applications, schedule biometrics and stop to have applications printed on the way.

What's the deal with the shipping labels? Are those just printed once they are ordered or do they have to be delivered?
Visa received :

« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2018, 04:58:45 PM »
What's the deal with the shipping labels? Are those just printed once they are ordered or do they have to be delivered?

They are sent to you by email and then you print them out :).

Same with priority processing if you are purchasing it - you print the receipt for each application and include them at the very top of the documents pile.

Re: Marriage Visitor Visa Questions (now spouse visa)
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2019, 04:04:40 PM »
Hi all! Happy New Year!!  :)

Quick question on the applications for my two children in regards to my refusal for entry through Dublin Feb 2018. In the personal details/travel history section of their application I'm not sure how to document the refusal or if I even need to include it on theirs at all. I don't think I'd include anything in the 'have you ever traveled to the UK' as they were not accepted either BUT they also weren't included as part of the refusal, everything is in my name and doesn't make mention of them at all. It was like they were never even there. Do I mention them in my explanation and that should be sufficient? Thanks in advance for any guidance or suggestions.
Visa received :

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab