Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UKVI Protects us from Brown Doctors  (Read 620 times)

• Liked: 1891
UKVI Protects us from Brown Doctors
« on: April 27, 2018, 03:39:48 PM »

No visas for doctors with excess melanin:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/nhs-doctor-recruitment-india-home-office-visas-rejected-amber-rudd-windrush-a8324831.html

I think the home office has stopped even pretending that they aren't pandering to racists.

• Liked: 533
Re: UKVI Protects us from Brown Doctors
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 03:52:57 PM »
We jumped from "maybe we need to start the beginnings of a conversation about immigration" to this crap in like 5 years.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 19
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 04:08:32 PM »
We jumped from "maybe we need to start the beginnings of a conversation about immigration" to this crap in like 5 years.
Yeah, but is anyone really surprised by that?

Maybe it's just because I was seeing the same rapid death-spiral in our state government (WI), starting in 2010.

I got very familiar, very quickly, with the likes of the Koch brothers, ALEC, and that whole agenda being promoted via the Tea Party.

When I looked over here, I saw the same rhetoric, the same ideas coming from the Tories, with UKIP pulling the strings.

It's only gotten more and more obvious that it's the same corporate interest underlying the hard right on both sides of the Atlantic.

I mean, ffs, the Tories are even at the same gerrymandering/voter suppression nonsense... and it's working!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 533
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 04:30:29 PM »
It's only gotten more and more obvious that it's the same corporate interest underlying the hard right on both sides of the Atlantic.

This is it. Our world structures are changing.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 05:12:08 PM »
Yeah, but is anyone really surprised by that?

Maybe it's just because I was seeing the same rapid death-spiral in our state government (WI), starting in 2010.

I got very familiar, very quickly, with the likes of the Koch brothers, ALEC, and that whole agenda being promoted via the Tea Party.

When I looked over here, I saw the same rhetoric, the same ideas coming from the Tories, with UKIP pulling the strings.

I mean, ffs, the Tories are even at the same gerrymandering/voter suppression nonsense... and it's working!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I love my home state NC, but the voter suppression and gerrymandering there is off-the-charts crazy. 

The only thing we've got going for us on both sides of the Atlantic is both political parties currently in power are limited by sheer incompetence.  If Theresa May could make a speech without coughing for the entire 20 minutes because even her throat subconsciously objects to the bile , she could attain truly evil levels of power.  Fortunately, even the dumbest voters can see through her act.   

And who wants to read about gerrymandering in NC when Trump just sent a Tweet to Kanye? 

Got to stop, I'm frothing at the mouth again.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 12:08:10 PM »
I love my home state NC, but the voter suppression and gerrymandering there is off-the-charts crazy. 

The only thing we've got going for us on both sides of the Atlantic is both political parties currently in power are limited by sheer incompetence.  If Theresa May could make a speech without coughing for the entire 20 minutes because even her throat subconsciously objects to the bile , she could attain truly evil levels of power.  Fortunately, even the dumbest voters can see through her act.   

And who wants to read about gerrymandering in NC when Trump just sent a Tweet to Kanye? 

Got to stop, I'm frothing at the mouth again.
I have a friend who became a US citizen in NC after living in the UK most of his life. The political environment there is terrifying and leads to a lot of apathy. The republicans enacted laws that basically preserve all of the shitty things they've done while in power. Will be interesting to see how they redraw the maps now that the gerrymandering was ruled unconstitutional.

I wonder if the media will succeed in pressuring the HO to change quotas for doctors. It's a very real issue and it's crap considering the wages for doctors are so low (relative to other countries). I'll add, in my experience Indian doctors are far more competent, up to date on research, and empathetic than doctors trained in the US. I don't have enough NHS experience yet but so far it has been brutal for me with a horrible UK doctor who seems to think the US system is a complete sham but pays well.

Sponsored Links