Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Trump wants to require US visa applicants to disclose 5 years of social media hi  (Read 5385 times)

• Liked: 1892
I'm still curious as to precisely who is pulling the strings, really. Pence scares the willies out of me, so it could be him.

That is precisely the question addressed in "The Fire and Fury" book.  The answer is amazingly, Donald Trump.  He does it all himself and does whatever he wants at the moment.  Of course, he is heavily influenced by   (during the campaign, inauguration and up until Bannon resigned)  a mix of Jared and Ivanka vs Steve Bannon.  Mostly whoever talked to him last with Fox and friends mixed in. 

Pence is a complete non-player and is openly ridiculed. 

I'm not sure puppet is good description, he is not loyal to any one person and is not really rational enough to serve one person's agenda. 

• Liked: 1327
I'm not sure puppet is good description, he is not loyal to any one person and is not really rational enough to serve one person's agenda.

From my observations, I tend to agree with this.  That's why I responded to Nan's question the way I did.  He's not one person's puppet... he's everybody's puppet.  Someone whispers some flattery and a request in his ear, and that becomes his new agenda for five minutes.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

I know there's a tsunami of crazy Trump stuff going on so that nobody can even keep track, but I saw this the other day and haven't lifted my jaw off the ground since.  Sorry I can't find version without snarky music

Trump calls Fox and friends with an incoherent rant:

Wait a minute, that could be fake news.  Apparently he did call but that might be a spoof.  Sorry, I can't keep track.

Does anyone know? 

I need to get back to studying Power BI

All right, here's the whole thing, apparently for real

Just for a taste, here's what's at the 14 minute mark:

"Michael is uh in business.  He's really a businessman. Fairly big businesses I understand it.  I don't know his business.  But this doesn't have to do with me, Michael is a businessman.  He's got a business.  He also practices law.  I'd say the big thing is his business, and they're looking at something that has to do with his business.  I have nothing to do with his business."

• Liked: 718
Wait a minute, that could be fake news.  Apparently he did call but that might be a spoof.  Sorry, I can't keep track.

Does anyone know? 

I need to get back to studying Power BI

Definitely not fake news, that call, particularly the last few minutes when the hosts were trying to end the conversation, was well publicized by other news programs.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 113
All right, here's the whole thing, apparently for real

Just for a taste, here's what's at the 14 minute mark:

"Michael is uh in business.  He's really a businessman. Fairly big businesses I understand it.  I don't know his business.  But this doesn't have to do with me, Michael is a businessman.  He's got a business.  He also practices law.  I'd say the big thing is his business, and they're looking at something that has to do with his business.  I have nothing to do with his business."

Trump is every interpreter and transcriber’s nightmare because he just rambles on and on and on......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

Trump is every interpreter and transcriber’s nightmare because he just rambles on and on and on......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard some interviews with interpreters the other day talking about Trump.  They were concerned with the ethical issues of whether they should translate his idiotic words directly and make him look like an idiot, or try to clean it up and present what they think he meant to say.  Neither option is really great and the interpreters don't want to be involved with trying to guess what he actually means.  There's also the problem that most of the things he says make no sense, so they are untranslateable. 

Sort of like NPR trying to figure out if they should call the President a liar every time he lies.  They were worried that it made them sound biased and unprofessional but on the other hand people need to know that he is lying if it is a fact.

• Liked: 718
Sort of like NPR trying to figure out if they should call the President a liar every time he lies.  They were worried that it made them sound biased and unprofessional but on the other hand people need to know that he is lying if it is a fact.

He has now passed the 3,000 mark in the verifiable lies count, that is an average of 6.5/day over the first 466 days in office (9/day over the last 2 months).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/05/01/president-trump-has-made-3001-false-or-misleading-claims-so-far/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2fba858af1d8

In the 466 days since he took the oath of office, President Trump has made 3,001 false or misleading claims, according to The Fact Checker’s database that analyzes, categorizes and tracks every suspect statement uttered by the president.

That’s an average of nearly 6.5 claims a day.

When we first started this project for the president’s first 100 days, he averaged 4.9 claims a day. Slowly, the average number of claims has been creeping up.

Indeed, since we last updated this tally two months ago, the president has averaged about 9 claims a day.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

Now that we are talking about Trump, have you heard about all the money flowing through his ex-lawyer?  We are talking about several hundreds of thousands, if not millions. 

That guy knows where the bodies are buried and soon enough he'll be singing like  a canary.  Too bad it's getting buried under the 3,000 lies and never makes the news.  It will though.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab