Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Oh, so many questions - spouse visa  (Read 2344 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Oh, so many questions - spouse visa
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2018, 03:48:40 PM »
I was on the phone with him while he asked them. They wouldn’t stamp what he printed and brought in. They would only stamp what they would print. He said then print and stamp six months for me, and they refused. He said that’s what he needs and they said to then call their customer service line and order six months of statements to be posted to him. He’s on the phone another branch  now in the next town over to see if they’ll be more accommodating.

Let me check his payslips. You mean lowest gross month, correct? Looking at his payslips, at the end of the tax year for his March 24th statement, his gross pay to date was 27,434.
I’m confused how to go about figuring out his lowest gross pay because they give his payslips weekly. So am I correct in assuming I need to just find the four statements from his lowest month? It might be that January then since he had a couple weeks off unpaid.

Well, then he can't do category A.  As he's paid weekly, the calculation will be the lowest payslip multiplied by 52.  As his lowest payslip will be zero, the application would be refused.

So back to the drawing board!

He will need 12 months of payslips and bank statements!

For category B, they will add all the payslips up and so long as they are £18,600 or more, you are good to go (which you are). 

• Liked: 46
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2018, 04:06:26 PM »
Well, then he can't do category A.  As he's paid weekly, the calculation will be the lowest payslip multiplied by 52.  As his lowest payslip will be zero, the application would be refused.

So back to the drawing board!

He will need 12 months of payslips and bank statements!

For category B, they will add all the payslips up and so long as they are £18,600 or more, you are good to go (which you are).

Ouuuuuuuch.  :-\\\\ Well, better we caught this now instead of being refused. And all because he had a couple weeks off unpaid for a visit - otherwise we would have been fine.  :-\\\\
Married - 15th April 2018
Spouse visa approved - 16th July 2018
Arrived in the UK - 8th August 2018
FLR approved - 13th April 2021
Little one’s arrival - 18th March 2022
ILR approved - 27th Jan 2024

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2018, 04:41:05 PM »
This has made me absolutely sick with anxiety. His bank was giving him so much grief about 6 months of statements, so I can’t imagine how hard it’s going to be to pull 12 months out of them. I thought I had done all of the research and was so confident category A was fine.

Another question - it’s financial documents that need to be within the 28 days, correct? He’s got his employer letter, dated today, and he was a bit worried. Then again it’s not going to take 28 days from today to gather those 12 months of bank statements and payslips - shouldn’t anyways!

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2018, 04:45:02 PM »
This has made me absolutely sick with anxiety. His bank was giving him so much grief about 6 months of statements, so I can’t imagine how hard it’s going to be to pull 12 months out of them. I thought I had done all of the research and was so confident category A was fine.

Can he try a different branch? Some people on the forum have had problems with one branch refusing to stamp statements, so they've gone to another branch and they've stamped them with no issues at all.

Another option could be for him to see if he can order 12 months of statements by post... in which case, they would not need to be stamped at all.

Another question - it’s financial documents that need to be within the 28 days, correct? He’s got his employer letter, dated today, and he was a bit worried. Then again it’s not going to take 28 days from today to gather those 12 months of bank statements and payslips - shouldn’t anyways!

All the financial documents must be dated within 28 days of the online application date. This includes:
- employer letter
- latest bank statement
- latest payslip

The best way to work it is for him to get all the documents together and then send them to you, and you just have to make sure you submit the online application within 28 days of their dates.

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2018, 05:18:15 PM »
Can he try a different branch? Some people on the forum have had problems with one branch refusing to stamp statements, so they've gone to another branch and they've stamped them with no issues at all.

Another option could be for him to see if he can order 12 months of statements by post... in which case, they would not need to be stamped at all.

All the financial documents must be dated within 28 days of the online application date. This includes:
- employer letter
- latest bank statement
- latest payslip

The best way to work it is for him to get all the documents together and then send them to you, and you just have to make sure you submit the online application within 28 days of their dates.

From what I’m understanding, he is able to order statements from January 2018 back to March 2017 through their website. That’ll arrive in 7-10 days. He did find another branch that was willing to stamp six months of statements for him, so he’s going to set an appointment for Saturday to go into that branch and speak with their manager. They’ve shut for today and Saturday is the next day he has off.

Getting the remaining payslips won’t be an issue because he just makes a call to payroll and asks them to print what he needs - easy as that.

If he sticks with this bank though, he’ll switch to paper statements each month so this doesn’t come back to bite us again.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2018, 05:38:20 PM »
If he sticks with this bank though, he’ll switch to paper statements each month so this doesn’t come back to bite us again.

You're going to want to switch all of the bills and statements to paper and add your name where you can. You will need that for the correspondence requirement of the next visa.  :)

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2018, 06:57:39 PM »
You're going to want to switch all of the bills and statements to paper and add your name where you can. You will need that for the correspondence requirement of the next visa.  :)

Oh yes, we’ve already talked about doing that! Don’t want the same headache all over again. Never imagined the bank would be such a headache. Hopefully Saturday will prove productive. Honestly kicking myself - was so sure we were good for category A. It makes me sick to think if that wasn’t pointed out to me and we soldiered on we would get refused and lose thousands.  :o

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2018, 07:22:07 PM »
Oh yes, we’ve already talked about doing that! Don’t want the same headache all over again. Never imagined the bank would be such a headache. Hopefully Saturday will prove productive. Honestly kicking myself - was so sure we were good for category A. It makes me sick to think if that wasn’t pointed out to me and we soldiered on we would get refused and lose thousands.  :o

Be happy! It was a lucky escape!  :D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2018, 07:37:17 PM »
Easily done.  It’s been caught now and you can have confidence in your application.

Yeah, banks are weird.   ::)

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2018, 09:38:38 PM »
Be happy! It was a lucky escape!  :D

Very true! Very relieved we caught this now

Easily done.  It’s been caught now and you can have confidence in your application.

Yeah, banks are weird.   ::)

Very true! Thank you for catching that error ;D

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2018, 04:27:01 AM »
Now I am paranoid about this application and not covering everything we should.

Should we explain the gap in payslips for 16th Dec 2017 - 20th Jan 2018 in the sponsor letter or anywhere else? That was his holiday pay for Christmas and some unpaid time off to visit me.

There was a sizable deposit (little over £11k I think) for my husband’s house sale back in December. Is that something that also needs to be explained in the sponsor letter or backed up with more evidence? We do have solicitor docs showing the money made and the breakdown (more than half the house funds did go to his ex - doubt that matters but just in case).

How about boarding passes as proof of visits? I am missing some, but I have flight itineraries for each visit. I am having my husband see what he can dig up since most of what is missing is from his return trips to England, but I’ve dug up the itineraries to be safe. I tried to access the US’s I-94 website for his travel history, but nothing is coming up. I’ve accessed it before when we were preparing a US visa for him, but for some odd reason his travel history has disappeared from the website. Common occurrence according to my research.  ::)

I am really trying to scrutinize everything now after the near-disastrous financial category debacle. It’s just been a really rough day. Part of it is we thought this was the day he’d have bank statements, employer letter, and tenancy letter all gathered up. Not to mention the remaining payslips because he brought me original payslips from 9th September to 31st March when he was in the US in April. I guess it’s just been disappointing because we thought so much would be accomplished when it really feels like we’ve been knocked back. Although it’s much better to be knocked back than be denied by UKVI. Still trying to be positive!  ;D

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2018, 04:30:52 AM »
Should we explain the gap in payslips for 16th Dec 2017 - 20th Jan 2018 in the sponsor letter or anywhere else? That was his holiday pay for Christmas and some unpaid time off to visit me.

Yes, this should be explained in his sponsor letter.

There was a sizable deposit (little over £11k I think) for my husband’s house sale back in December. Is that something that also needs to be explained in the sponsor letter or backed up with more evidence? We do have solicitor docs showing the money made and the breakdown (more than half the house funds did go to his ex - doubt that matters but just in case).

You should mention it in your cover letter, just to state where the money came from, but since you are not using that money to meet the financial requirement, you do not need to provide evidence of it. All you're doing is explaining the bank statement transaction in case they wonder where the money came from.

How about boarding passes as proof of visits? I am missing some, but I have flight itineraries for each visit. I am having my husband see what he can dig up since most of what is missing is from his return trips to England, but I’ve dug up the itineraries to be safe. I tried to access the US’s I-94 website for his travel history, but nothing is coming up. I’ve accessed it before when we were preparing a US visa for him, but for some odd reason his travel history has disappeared from the website. Common occurrence according to my research.  ::)

You don't need to include his travel history.

You should include all the boarding passes that you have, and any that you don't have, just include the e-ticket instead.

I am really trying to scrutinize everything now after the near-disastrous financial category debacle. It’s just been a really rough day. Part of it is we thought this was the day he’d have bank statements, employer letter, and tenancy letter all gathered up. Not to mention the remaining payslips because he brought me original payslips from 9th September to 31st March when he was in the US in April. I guess it’s just been disappointing because we thought so much would be accomplished when it really feels like we’ve been knocked back. Although it’s much better to be knocked back than be denied by UKVI. Still trying to be positive!  ;D

Sorry about the setback :(. Though as mentioned earlier, at least you realised it now and not after you had sent all the documents :).

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2018, 04:44:17 AM »
Yes, this should be explained in his sponsor letter.

You should mention it in your cover letter, just to state where the money came from, but since you are not using that money to meet the financial requirement, you do not need to provide evidence of it. All you're doing is explaining the bank statement transaction in case they wonder where the money came from.

You don't need to include his travel history.

You should include all the boarding passes that you have, and any that you don't have, just include the e-ticket instead.

Sorry about the setback :(. Though as mentioned earlier, at least you realised it now and not after you had sent all the documents :).

Thank you for your help! I’ll make sure we add that information in. I think the itineraries are all we have for missing boarding passes - not strictly e-tickets. I was including them for proof of in-person visits. He’s been to the US to visit me five times while I’ve been to the UK once. I have my boarding passes for my trip, but there’s some missing from his five trips. It fell that way because his employer has been far nicer with time off.  ::)

I am wondering too if they’ll question my visit to the UK in October 2016, just before we started our romantic relationship. I wasn’t there to see him, only for tourism. We did begin our romantic relationship just the month after that, but I didn’t see him in person until December 2016.

And no need to apologize, I’m glad it’s been caught now before we really got ourselves in deep and suffered a refusal! The idea of losing thousands and trying to recuperate that amount makes me feel physically ill.

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2018, 04:59:21 AM »
I think the itineraries are all we have for missing boarding passes - not strictly e-tickets. I was including them for proof of in-person visits. He’s been to the US to visit me five times while I’ve been to the UK once. I have my boarding passes for my trip, but there’s some missing from his five trips. It fell that way because his employer has been far nicer with time off.  ::)

The best way to prove in-person visits is to show you actually got on the plane... which is what the boarding passes show. If you don't have the boarding passes, then the next best thing is the e-ticket (the emailed itinerary and booking confirmation), to show you booked the flight in your name.

I am wondering too if they’ll question my visit to the UK in October 2016, just before we started our romantic relationship. I wasn’t there to see him, only for tourism. We did begin our romantic relationship just the month after that, but I didn’t see him in person until December 2016.

I don't know why they would question that. You're allowed to go on vacation to the UK if you want to :).

His sponsor letter should state the date you met in person anyway, along with all your visits to see each other, plus the evolution of your relationship... i.e. date you met online, date you entered a romantic relationship, date you met in person, dates of all the visits to see each other, date you got engaged, date and location where you married, reason for wanting to settle in the UK etc.

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2018, 01:04:34 PM »
The best way to prove in-person visits is to show you actually got on the plane... which is what the boarding passes show. If you don't have the boarding passes, then the next best thing is the e-ticket (the emailed itinerary and booking confirmation), to show you booked the flight in your name.

I don't know why they would question that. You're allowed to go on vacation to the UK if you want to :).

His sponsor letter should state the date you met in person anyway, along with all your visits to see each other, plus the evolution of your relationship... i.e. date you met online, date you entered a romantic relationship, date you met in person, dates of all the visits to see each other, date you got engaged, date and location where you married, reason for wanting to settle in the UK etc.

Oh, I see what you mean now! Sorry, I was misunderstanding what you meant by e-ticket. I’ve got them all ready to go.  ;D

Thanks, I’ll make sure those points are covered in his sponsor letter.

So, to update - he’s spoken to the bank and is able to get the remaining statements mailed to him, no need for him to go in to the branch after all. So now it’s just a few days wait for all 12 months to come through. And he switched to paper statements now so we can avoid this headache in the future.

We did catch an error in his employer letter yesterday (wrong hire date), so he called his contact in the office about that. He mentioned to her to hold off for now while he makes sure bank statements come in without issues, and he’s explained what’s gone on thus far. Come to find out, her husband is the MP for the area my husband lives in, so we can contact him if we have any problems at all. He’ll help us out if we need it.  :D

Sponsored Links