Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello Again!  (Read 807 times)

• My life WILL fit in a 19' container.
  • Liked: 0
Hello Again!
« on: May 05, 2018, 12:59:00 AM »
Hi everyone-
Just getting back in the group after a long hiatus.  Our 2011 attempt to jump the pond was thwarted by the weak economy and we’re taking another long hard look at going this summer 2018 or 2019. My visa is still good for a few more years and many things are shifting for us so it looks like the right time.  My next stop in the forum will be ‘Shipping 101: what to take or not’ as well as looking for place to settle; My wife’s family is near Reading and also out in Devon. I’m looking for Architecture work in Oxford, Cardiff/ Bristol, Bournemouth/ Southampton, Chelmsford, possibly as far south as Brighton.  Feel free to sway me to look one way or the other 😊
Best, Jason
Married to a lovely UKC- 2002
Two pre-teens - 10 and 13
Taken and passed KOL - 28/03/2011
Application submitted - 02/05/2011
Biometrics taken - 5/5/2011
Priority Settlement purchased and sent - 16/5/11
Package Rec'd in NY - 17/5/11
Currently looking for work and locations to live

• Liked: 4985
Re: Hello Again!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 12:29:03 PM »
You say your visa is good for a few more years, but you are living in the USA?  What kind of visa do you have?  I suspect it's no longer valid.

Massive changes to immigration since you were last on the board.  Feel free to ask any questions.  I'm in the Reading area.   :)

Welcome back!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Hello Again!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 05:17:30 PM »
Hi Vertigo!  :)

I'm guessing that it's an indefinite leave to enter?

I know that once you're in the UK, ILE and ILR amount to the same thing but I am just wondering... if you have not yet activated the ILE then there might be a chance that they would honour it. I had a look online and couldn't find anything definitive though.

But if you have already entered the UK on the ILE and left for more than 2 years, then it would no longer be valid.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab