Author Topic: So, it's time to do it  (Read 463 times)

Online KFdancer

• Liked: 2523
Re: So, it's time to do it
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 05:42:11 PM »
Our son used this thing called a “book” that we bought for him in a place called a “bookstore”. It was by the Automobile Association and contained the Highway Code plus lots of test questions. He also went online to do test questions and practice for the video section of the test.

He also found a driving instructor that has an automatic car. He has been driving on his Texas licence for the last 7 months and should be going for his driving test soon. (He passed his theory test a few weeks back).

Oh Durhamlad!   ;D

Offline Eh127929

• Liked: 96
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 06:29:00 PM »
https://m.toptests.co.uk/mock-theory-test-2/

Use this link.  I compared it to the book and it was exactly the same. I’d give you my book but I just gave it to somebody at work :(.  This seriously helped me loads cause it’s the same format as the test centres.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline lyonaria

• Liked: 384
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 10:21:41 PM »
Our son used this thing called a “book” that we bought for him in a place called a “bookstore”. It was by the Automobile Association and contained the Highway Code plus lots of test questions. He also went online to do test questions and practice for the video section of the test.

He also found a driving instructor that has an automatic car. He has been driving on his Texas licence for the last 7 months and should be going for his driving test soon. (He passed his theory test a few weeks back).

Haha. I had all the books,they just didn't work for me. The app was so much better for me as it is literally the questions they use on the tests. 😁
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Offline durhamlad

• Liked: 117
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2018, 10:31:38 PM »
Haha. I had all the books,they just didn't work for me. The app was so much better for me as it is literally the questions they use on the tests. 😁

It was a tongue-in-cheek option for nan since she said doesn’t have a mobile device for the app.  :D
Adventure before dementia

Offline x0Kiss0fDeath

• Liked: 427
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 09:05:20 AM »

Yeah this is where I'm struggling with with the Life in the UK test lol The book is just SOOOO long. I stay focused more with the online quizzes.

I had bought something for the PC but some of the info wasn't quite right so I just ditched it lol

Online larrabee

• Liked: 2902
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 09:11:24 AM »
Yeah this is where I'm struggling with with the Life in the UK test lol The book is just SOOOO long. I stay focused more with the online quizzes.

It's not just that it's so long, it's so very, very dry!
March 28th 2013-Moved to UK, husband on spouse visa.Oct 20th 2015-Applied by mail for FLR(M).Feb 1st 2016 FLR(M).March 7th 2018 ILR. YAY! March 21st NCS&JCAP appointment.

Offline x0Kiss0fDeath

• Liked: 427
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 09:15:21 AM »
It's not just that it's so long, it's so very, very dry!

Yeah the combination kills me! haha

Offline Nan D.

• "Not all who wander are lost."
  • Liked: 180
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 10:58:50 AM »
https://m.toptests.co.uk/mock-theory-test-2/

Use this link.  I compared it to the book and it was exactly the same. I’d give you my book but I just gave it to somebody at work :(.  This seriously helped me loads cause it’s the same format as the test centres.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coolies, thanks. Aside from having to look up "pelican", I've done pretty well so far.

Offline durhamlad

• Liked: 117
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2018, 06:04:14 PM »

Coolies, thanks. Aside from having to look up "pelican", I've done pretty well so far.

Pelican crossings were around when I did my test in 1972, and since then Puffin and Toucan crossings have appeared so now there are Zebra, Pelican, Toucan AND Puffin crossings. Glad I don't have to take my test again  ???

Adventure before dementia