Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa Docs - Proof of relationship  (Read 11440 times)

• Liked: 12
Re: Spouse Visa Docs - Proof of relationship
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 10:31:14 PM »
Not an issue.  Just a shame you didn’t get the app in a couple of weeks ago so she could change in country!   :D

Hi ,

We have been thinking about things and we are looking at one possibility but I wanted to know if this is a realistic option. My partner is leaving her job in the UK at the end of May . That means at some point her Tier 2 visa will be curtailed, once her employer sends the home office the information . We are getting married in the first week of June. Although, my partner is due to start a contract job in mid June , she's now having second thoughts about it. So we are thinking to apply for spousal visa from inside the UK. I guess it will then be FLR(M) rather than spousal visa. This means that we will get married in the US (New York), we will then come back to the UK together and then start the process. Does this sound like a reasonable option? Will it be possible to do this?

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 05:22:49 AM »
Hi ,

We have been thinking about things and we are looking at one possibility but I wanted to know if this is a realistic option. My partner is leaving her job in the UK at the end of May . That means at some point her Tier 2 visa will be curtailed, once her employer sends the home office the information . We are getting married in the first week of June. Although, my partner is due to start a contract job in mid June , she's now having second thoughts about it. So we are thinking to apply for spousal visa from inside the UK. I guess it will then be FLR(M) rather than spousal visa. This means that we will get married in the US (New York), we will then come back to the UK together and then start the process. Does this sound like a reasonable option? Will it be possible to do this?

It would be FLR(M) if you applied from within the UK, correct. She could only do it that way if her tier 2 was still valid. Could you bring forward the wedding, pop over at the weekend, that way you're not cutting things so close?

• Liked: 239
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 07:14:09 AM »
Thanks for this, what would be the frequency of messages i.e. one every two weeks then? What did you do? Also , would I screenshot the message info on whatsapp, as when I go on the actual chat, it doesn't show me the dates.

I did every two weeks. We used Skype every day and Whatsapp when Skype wasn't working well. On Whatsapp you click on their chat, click their name at the top to open 'contact info' and all the way at the bottom, click 'export chat', without media, and you can choose to email it to yourself. It emails it as a zip file so you can then open it and edit it down to what you need. It will show you dates in the zip file along with the times.  :)
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 08:52:09 AM »
Hi ,

Definitely do this.  It'll save you thousands in fees.

But she'll need to still be employed by her current Tier 2 sponsor.  Can she rescind her notice?  Just until she gets her FLR(M) and then tell them to shove it?

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 08:53:40 AM »
It would be FLR(M) if you applied from within the UK, correct. She could only do it that way if her tier 2 was still valid. Could you bring forward the wedding, pop over at the weekend, that way you're not cutting things so close?

Right okay, so it's not a guarantee then. I was under the impression that if we put in an application before the curtailment letter is sent to her, she can stay in the UK until a decision has been made. You're right, it's cutting close and we will be relying on her company to not send the letter to the home office before mid June.

Unfortunately, we have all booked flights for our families to fly out for those dates and hotels are booked too. Bringing it forward would be very very expensive and I would struggle to get time off work too ! In that case, would you suggest sticking to the original plan and applying for spouse visa from the US. I think my partner is just getting a bit anxious and stressed as expected and having second thoughts. 

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 08:56:26 AM »
Definitely do this.  It'll save you thousands in fees.

But she'll need to still be employed by her current Tier 2 sponsor.  Can she rescind her notice?  Just until she gets her FLR(M) and then tell them to shove it?

I mentioned this to her initially but she was adamant on leaving but now she's finding it a bit stressful, hence having second thoughts. Her employers even asked her to stay a bit longer but she refused to do so. It's worth asking her but I am not sure if it will  be possible now as they have accepted her resignation so she only has 2 weeks left.

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 09:11:25 AM »
I mentioned this to her initially but she was adamant on leaving but now she's finding it a bit stressful, hence having second thoughts. Her employers even asked her to stay a bit longer but she refused to do so. It's worth asking her but I am not sure if it will  be possible now as they have accepted her resignation so she only has 2 weeks left.

It's never too late to ask.  Worst case scenario - they say no.  But you will have tried.

If she were to switch to FLR(M), there would be ZERO waiting period outside the UK (meaning, you guys can stay together and no additional living expenses). 

FLR(M) fees:  £1,033 + £500 NHS = £1,533 total

Spouse visa will require her leaving the UK, being apart for several months while it processes, and her potentially having living expenses in the USA.

Spouse fees:  £1,523 (visa) + £600 (NHS) + £573 (priority to reduce wait time to 2-3 months) + £195 (shipping of visa, $265) = £2,891

So you would save £1,358 by applying from inside the UK versus the USA and have no time apart.

Just something to think about!

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 09:34:22 AM »
It's never too late to ask.  Worst case scenario - they say no.  But you will have tried.

If she were to switch to FLR(M), there would be ZERO waiting period outside the UK (meaning, you guys can stay together and no additional living expenses). 

FLR(M) fees:  £1,033 + £500 NHS = £1,533 total

Spouse visa will require her leaving the UK, being apart for several months while it processes, and her potentially having living expenses in the USA.

Spouse fees:  £1,523 (visa) + £600 (NHS) + £573 (priority to reduce wait time to 2-3 months) + £195 (shipping of visa, $265) = £2,891

So you would save £1,358 by applying from inside the UK versus the USA and have no time apart.

Just something to think about!

Yes, a sobering thought indeed ! I have spoken with her just now and revoking her notice is not possible now as everything has been processed by HR. Spouse visa is looking the likelier option. You're absolutely right about the financial side. It's a substantial amount of money too.

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2018, 12:03:45 PM »
Yes, a sobering thought indeed ! I have spoken with her just now and revoking her notice is not possible now as everything has been processed by HR. Spouse visa is looking the likelier option. You're absolutely right about the financial side. It's a substantial amount of money too.

And it's not just the money. Every visa application is it's own little nightmare of anxiety and panic. One less of those is always going to be a good thing!

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 09:11:37 AM »
And it's not just the money. Every visa application is it's own little nightmare of anxiety and panic. One less of those is always going to be a good thing!

Hi !

Another question for the experts, I am going to send an email to the company HR personnel today prepping them about the information I will need for them next month. I plan on having everything together by the end of June so my partner can apply in first week of July (within 28 days).

I need two things from HR. The first one being a letter which will confirm the authenticity of my payslips. The second being a letter confirming my job title, salary, start date, job type and the length of time in position. Are these the correct requirements? In addition to this, I will attach my original job contract and job offer (from October 2017), along with my P60. I know that the job contract and P60 and not required but they will back up the employer letter and also show that my wages last year weer also above the required threshold.

Firstly, I wanted to know if there is a template or an example letter that I can send to HR. Might be easier for them to then just copy it and change the relevant dates. Also, I was thinking of having just one letter for all the payslips to authenticate them. It could go something like :

"I can confirm that the following payslips are valid:
Payslip no. a covering xx/xx/xx - xx/xx/xx
Pay slip no. b covering xx/xx/xx - xx/xx/xx"

Is this okay to have just one letter validating all payslips?

Who would need to sign these letters? We have a very large corporate HR department and another site specific one. Would the site HR manager's signature be enough?

Thank you

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 09:41:35 AM »
These are the requirements for the letter:

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

Something as simple as

I can confirm that EMPLOYEE has been employed as permanent, salaried employee since DATE YOU STARTED.  EMPLOYEE currently makes CURRENT SALARY per year.  EMPLOYEE has been receiving this amount since DATE OF LAST RAISE.  Prior to that EMPLOYEE's salary was AMOUNT OF PREVIOUS SALARY.

For the payroll letter: 
(bb) Payslips must be:
(i) original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

This can be issued by HR or payroll - just someone with authority.  They just need to state that the attached X NUMBER OF PAYSLIPS from DATES are authentic on company letterhead.

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 09:58:28 AM »
These are the requirements for the letter:

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

Something as simple as

I can confirm that EMPLOYEE has been employed as permanent, salaried employee since DATE YOU STARTED.  EMPLOYEE currently makes CURRENT SALARY per year.  EMPLOYEE has been receiving this amount since DATE OF LAST RAISE.  Prior to that EMPLOYEE's salary was AMOUNT OF PREVIOUS SALARY.

For the payroll letter: 
(bb) Payslips must be:
(i) original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

This can be issued by HR or payroll - just someone with authority.  They just need to state that the attached X NUMBER OF PAYSLIPS from DATES are authentic on company letterhead.

Excellent, helpful as ever KFdancer ! I will have no problem in getting these so that's another set of requirements completed.

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2018, 09:55:32 AM »

Hi KFdancer, / larabee,

My partner has almost finished the online application but we are stuck on a few ambiguous questions. Could you please advise us on this?

1. Enter details of up to your 5 most recent visits to the UK. My spouse has been living in the UK for the last 2.5 years , starting with a Tier 4 visa then on a Tier 2. I am not sure what to put on here. At the time that she sends the application off, she will be in the US.

2. There is a spousal / partner section in the application. Who needs to fill out this information? The sponsor or the applicant.

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2018, 10:55:13 AM »
Hi KFdancer, / larabee,

My partner has almost finished the online application but we are stuck on a few ambiguous questions. Could you please advise us on this?

1. Enter details of up to your 5 most recent visits to the UK. My spouse has been living in the UK for the last 2.5 years , starting with a Tier 4 visa then on a Tier 2. I am not sure what to put on here. At the time that she sends the application off, she will be in the US.

2. There is a spousal / partner section in the application. Who needs to fill out this information? The sponsor or the applicant.

1-Take it at face value. Enter her dates of entry and exit to/from the UK. Explain elsewhere the visas that she held.

2-I can't see the application but it is from the perspective of and should be filled out by the applicant, so spouse would be the sponsor.

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2018, 11:13:29 AM »
1-Take it at face value. Enter her dates of entry and exit to/from the UK. Explain elsewhere the visas that she held.

2-I can't see the application but it is from the perspective of and should be filled out by the applicant, so spouse would be the sponsor.

Thank you for the response . So would that be the first date of entry into the UK ? So when she first came on tier 4 visa ? Technically , we went on vacation in March so we will also need to put that down for recent date of entry and exit ?

The application says to give the 5 most recent dates . We have been on more than 5 holidays abroad so should we just use those 5 dates . But then again , there is a question before that , that asks the same questions about travelling outside the UK . Seems quite confusing !

Thanks

Sponsored Links