Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa Docs - Proof of relationship  (Read 11395 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Spouse Visa Docs - Proof of relationship
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2018, 11:19:11 AM »
Thank you for the response . So would that be the first date of entry into the UK ? So when she first came on tier 4 visa ? Technically , we went on vacation in March so we will also need to put that down for recent date of entry and exit ?

The application says to give the 5 most recent dates . We have been on more than 5 holidays abroad so should we just use those 5 dates . But then again , there is a question before that , that asks the same questions about travelling outside the UK . Seems quite confusing !

Thanks

You just list her last 5 entries and exits from the UK. It doesn’t have to be visits, just every time she has entered and left the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2018, 11:36:20 AM »
Yes it will be confusing as she was resident in the UK during those years.  Ultimately it won't have an impact on the decision so just do the best you can and explain that she had permission to live in the UK.

I would start from the most recent travel and work backwards in time.

• Liked: 12
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2018, 09:16:03 AM »
Yes it will be confusing as she was resident in the UK during those years.  Ultimately it won't have an impact on the decision so just do the best you can and explain that she had permission to live in the UK.

I would start from the most recent travel and work backwards in time.

Hi larrabee,

Have some more questions for you. I noticed something the other day, my passport is about 8 years old and it has a different signature to my current signature. Somewhere along the way , a while back I changed my signature and all my documents have my new signature barring my passport. Will this have an impact on the application? As the sponsor I will be sending the following signed documents:

1. Sponsor introduction letter
2. Tenancy agreement
3. Job contract

Also, my partner already has 2 passport size photos when she applied for her tier 2 in December 2016. Wanted to know if these will be okay to use or will she need to take new photos?

Thanks

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2018, 09:51:46 AM »
Hi larrabee,

Have some more questions for you. I noticed something the other day, my passport is about 8 years old and it has a different signature to my current signature. Somewhere along the way , a while back I changed my signature and all my documents have my new signature barring my passport. Will this have an impact on the application? As the sponsor I will be sending the following signed documents:

1. Sponsor introduction letter
2. Tenancy agreement
3. Job contract

Also, my partner already has 2 passport size photos when she applied for her tier 2 in December 2016. Wanted to know if these will be okay to use or will she need to take new photos?

Thanks

How has your signature changed? Are you signing with your full names instead of initials or vice versa? There's a really good chance that they won't even notice but I would explain somewhere in the application to be on the safe side.

The photos should be recent, within a month I think according to the guidance but it's annoying because we're not even sure if they use them for anything. It's probably something you could get away with if the appearance has not changed but personally I would get new ones.  :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:55:54 AM by larrabee »

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2018, 10:04:26 AM »
How has your signature changed? Are you signing with your full names instead of initials or vice versa? There's a really good chance that they won't even notice but I would explain somewhere in the application to be on the safe side.

The photos should be recent, within a month I think according to the guidance but it's annoying because we're not even sure if they use them for anything. It's probably something you could get away with if the appearance has not changed but personally I would get new ones.  :)

I know it's quite silly. I think in the last 3/4 years, I decided to use this new signature and have been signing it that way on all documents. The signature on my passport is a very small scribble whereas the new signature is completely different. Will be it be safer if I just sign everything using my full name?

Although the photos are year + old, the appearance hasn't changed . The only thing is , she used the same photos for her bio metrics and tier 2 before so we don't want it to cause any problems. We will just get new ones I guess.

Thank you .

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2018, 10:08:33 AM »

Hi !

I had a question with regards to providing whats app chat logs. What is the best way for this? I have exported the chat log via the export function on what's app. This has given me the chat from when we first started dating up until today. Will one / two conversations from this per week be okay? These are basic logs so may look like they're doctored I suppose. Or is it better to send screenshots off phone? What would I send screenshots off from the phone? Just the time stamps from whats app ?

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2018, 10:09:56 AM »
I want to attach a photo of what I mean but don't know how to do that on here  :-\\\\

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2018, 05:17:49 PM »
You just list her last 5 entries and exits from the UK. It doesn’t have to be visits, just every time she has entered and left the UK.

Hi ksand24 and other experts,

We are filling out VAF4A appendix 2 and wanted some advise on the following questions. Point to note is that my spouse is currently in UK (tier 2 visa), however at time of application, she will be in US so we have to fill it from that perspective:

1.6 How often do you meet?  - I would put every weekend, but seeing as she will be in the US, I don't really know what to put on here. Perhaps put on the weekend and expand in appendix 5?

1.8 How do you keep in touch with your sponsor? - Again, we see each other every weekend but when she is in US, it will be through calls and whats app.

1.19 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since your wedding or civil partnership ceremony)? - My partner has changed all her addresses for any correspondence in the UK to my address for the last month. So we are thinking of putting down that we lived together briefly for one month prior to her moving to the US. Then further expanding saying, although she was in the UK during our relationship, it was not possible to live together because we worked in different cities and she also had an 18 month tenancy agreement.

1.25 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities? - We have two joint bank accounts but I take it that this does not count as a responsibility?

2.8 Do you intend to work in the UK? - She will state that she intends to do a similar job as to what she was doing prior to leave the UK. This should be sufficient, they should have her previous visa details on file that shows it's easy for her to obtain employment due to being skilled worker. Thinking this could help her.

3.3 From the list below, please indicate the main method of meeting the financial requirement. - I will select, income from salaried employment in UK which is box "complete part 3A" and then also select "category A" for 6 months of continuous employment with same employer.

3.10 What is the address, phone number and email address of your sponsor’s employer? - I will give the name and address. As for email address and phone number, whose email address and phone number should I put down here? Reception or HR? Will they be contacting my employer, in that case, I will put down the HR phone number and the HR manager's email address. I will also need to let HR know that they may get a call from them. It also asks for cellular number. Whose number should be put down here?

Once this is all complete, all the other sections will be left blank as they're not applicable to me. e.g. 3B, 3C, 3D, 3E, 3F and part 4.

Part 5 is continuation and additional information - We want to just add bit more details about my partner and mention how she's been in the UK for the last 3 years, starting off on Tier 4 visa and then moving to tier 2 and now applying for spousal visa.

Anything else that could be worth mentioning here?

Thanks a lot for the help :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 05:23:23 PM by mk191192 »

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2018, 05:26:17 PM »

Hi,

Hi !

What is the best way to provide chat logs? I have exported the chat log via the export function on what's app. This has given me the chat from when we first started dating up until today. Will one / two conversations from this per week be okay? These are basic logs which come up on notepad so may look like they're doctored I suppose. Or is it better to send screenshots off phone? What would I send screenshots off from the phone? Just the time stamps from whats app ?

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2018, 05:29:36 PM »
1.6 How often do you meet?  - I would put every weekend, but seeing as she will be in the US, I don't really know what to put on here. Perhaps put on the weekend and expand in appendix 5?

I would just put 'every weekend'... it's not a trick question. They just need to know you are not in a sham or forced relationship.

1.8 How do you keep in touch with your sponsor? - Again, we see each other every weekend but when she is in US, it will be through calls and whats app.

So, put that.

For example:
'In person every weekend when she is in the UK, then by calls and WhatsApp when she is in the US'

1.19 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since your wedding or civil partnership ceremony)? - My partner has changed all her addresses for any correspondence in the UK to my address for the last month. So we are thinking of putting down that we lived together briefly for one month prior to her moving to the US. Then further expanding saying, although she was in the UK during our relationship, it was not possible to live together because we worked in different cities and she also had an 18 month tenancy agreement.

If you haven't actually lived together legally (as in both of you having permission from the landlord to live in the property), then put no.

Again, it's not a trick question and there is no requirement to have lived together.

1.25 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities? - We have two joint bank accounts but I take it that this does not count as a responsibility?

It's up to you. Personally, I think they mean things you are both legally responsible for paying... such as a mortgage, joint loan or credit repayments.

However, some people put things like rent and bills.

2.8 Do you intend to work in the UK? - She will state that she intends to do a similar job as to what she was doing prior to leave the UK. This should be sufficient, they should have her previous visa details on file that shows it's easy for her to obtain employment due to being skilled worker. Thinking this could help her.

Yes, that's fine to put, but the answer will have no affect on her visa at all, as UKVI are not allowed to consider her employability in the UK.

3.3 From the list below, please indicate the main method of meeting the financial requirement. - I will select, income from salaried employment in UK which is box "complete part 3A" and then also select "category A" for 6 months of continuous employment with same employer.

That's correct.

3.10 What is the address, phone number and email address of your sponsor’s employer? - I will give the name and address. As for email address and phone number, whose email address and phone number should I put down here? Reception or HR? Will they be contacting my employer, in that case, I will put down the HR phone number and the HR manager's email address. I will also need to let HR know that they may get a call from them. It also asks for cellular number. Whose number should be put down here?

They don't usually contact the employer (I've only heard of it happening once or twice out of thousands of applications). It's really up to you. I think, personally, I might put the contact number and email address of my direct line manager, since I work 250 miles from my company's headquarters and HR.

Once this is all complete, all the other sections will be left blank as they're not applicable to me. e.g. 3C, 3D, 3E, 3F and part 4.

That's correct.

Part 5 is continuation and additional information - We want to just add bit more details about my partner and mention how she's been in the UK for the last 3 years, starting off on Tier 4 visa and then moving to tier 2 and now applying for spousal visa.

I wouldn't bother, personally - all that information will be in her application form already, and I assume you will be mentioning it in your sponsor letter (when you talk about your relationship timeline). Plus, she can mention it in a cover letter if she is including one.

So, I'd leave part 5 blank, or use it to finish any questions you didn't have enough room to complete in the other sections.

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2018, 05:32:13 PM »
Hi,

Hi !

What is the best way to provide chat logs? I have exported the chat log via the export function on what's app. This has given me the chat from when we first started dating up until today. Will one / two conversations from this per week be okay? These are basic logs which come up on notepad so may look like they're doctored I suppose. Or is it better to send screenshots off phone? What would I send screenshots off from the phone? Just the time stamps from whats app ?

How long a period do you need to cover? The period of time you've been apart will determine whether you send one or two messages per week, or one or two per month, or one or two per year.

You want to take a screenshot of just the date, time and name... for a selection of messages, and then paste them in a list onto a couple of sheet of paper.

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2018, 05:48:28 PM »

Thank you for the response.

It's up to you. Personally, I think they mean things you are both legally responsible for paying... such as a mortgage, joint loan or credit repayments.

However, some people put things like rent and bills. - We do have overdraft facility on one of the accounts so I guess technically, I can put that down as it is a credit agreement.

They don't usually contact the employer (I've only heard of it happening once or twice out of thousands of applications). It's really up to you. I think, personally, I might put the contact number and email address of my direct line manager, since I work 250 miles from my company's headquarters and HR. - I won't have a problem with putting my manager's number down but this could cause a wider issue as everything has to go through HR for corporate and compliance reasons. I work in a strictly regulated industry.

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2018, 05:51:53 PM »
How long a period do you need to cover? The period of time you've been apart will determine whether you send one or two messages per week, or one or two per month, or one or two per year.

You want to take a screenshot of just the date, time and name... for a selection of messages, and then paste them in a list onto a couple of sheet of paper.

At point of application we would be together for 1 year and 10 months. Covering from September 2016 - June 2018 . We would have been apart for 1 month only. However, whilst she was in UK, we didn't live together but did see each other every weekend and sometimes during the week when I was based in London. I will attach screenshots of train tickets separately. For the text logs, would two messages per week be sufficient? Showing the time stamps? These would only be screenshots.

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2018, 06:09:59 PM »
At point of application we would be together for 1 year and 10 months. Covering from September 2016 - June 2018 . We would have been apart for 1 month only. However, whilst she was in UK, we didn't live together but did see each other every weekend and sometimes during the week when I was based in London. I will attach screenshots of train tickets separately. For the text logs, would two messages per week be sufficient? Showing the time stamps? These would only be screenshots.

Okay, so if you only communicated using messages when she was in the US, then you only need to cover that 1 month you were apart.

But if you were communicating using messages even when she was in the UK because you only saw each other at the weekend, then you need to cover the full 1 year and 10 months.

Assuming it's the latter, then for 1 year, 10 months (22 months), you want to include 2 or 3 messages per MONTH, giving between 44 and 66 messages in total. So that would be 1 message every 1-2 weeks.

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2018, 06:26:25 PM »
Okay, so if you only communicated using messages when she was in the US, then you only need to cover that 1 month you were apart.

But if you were communicating using messages even when she was in the UK because you only saw each other at the weekend, then you need to cover the full 1 year and 10 months.

Assuming it's the latter, then for 1 year, 10 months (22 months), you want to include 2 or 3 messages per MONTH, giving between 44 and 66 messages in total. So that would be 1 message every 1-2 weeks.

Excellent that’s sorted then . I will stick with the WhatsApp time stamps then rather than exporting the chat as those are plain texts ?

Thank you

Sponsored Links