Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa Docs - Proof of relationship  (Read 11268 times)

• Liked: 12
Re: Spouse Visa Docs - Proof of relationship
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2018, 02:28:29 PM »

Hi again,

Pretty basic question, for the documentation, I am including a copy of my passport. I already have a scanned copy of my passport saved as PDF file , I was just thinking of printing this off. It's not a photocopy, just a print out of scanned copy. Will this be okay or shall I take a photocopy? Will there even be a difference between these two? Also, does it matter if documents are colored or black/white such as tenancy agreement, passport copy, job contract, pay slips etc.?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2018, 02:32:46 PM »
Hi again,

Pretty basic question, for the documentation, I am including a copy of my passport. I already have a scanned copy of my passport saved as PDF file , I was just thinking of printing this off. It's not a photocopy, just a print out of scanned copy. Will this be okay or shall I take a photocopy? Will there even be a difference between these two? Also, does it matter if documents are colored or black/white such as tenancy agreement, passport copy, job contract, pay slips etc.?

Everything should be original, payslips, contract, tenancy agreement, they shouldn't be copies at all.
For the passport, personally I would send a colour copy certified by the Post Office.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2018, 02:34:50 PM »
Hi again,

As Larabee said, everything needs to be originals, not copies.

But for the passport - printed from a PDF scanned will be fine.  A lot of people like to get it certified at the Post Office - but that is optional.

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2018, 02:38:21 PM »
Everything should be original, payslips, contract, tenancy agreement, they shouldn't be copies at all.
For the passport, personally I would send a colour copy certified by the Post Office.

Payslips, bank statement etc are electronic, however they will be certified . Tenancy agreement is also original, my landlord only printed it in black and white. I can get the passport certified, it's not an issue. I know it's not mandatory but why risk it. Thank you larabee and kfdancer.

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2018, 02:42:23 PM »
Payslips, bank statement etc are electronic, however they will be certified .

Make sure it is done exactly according to the instructions here!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2018, 10:17:40 AM »
Make sure it is done exactly according to the instructions here!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

Hi again,

For passport sized photos as part of the application, we are going to take them from one of those photo booths in the mall. I assume that they will be the right type? Same sized photos that are used for UK passports. Thanks !

« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2018, 10:22:02 AM »
Hi again,

For passport sized photos as part of the application, we are going to take them from one of those photo booths in the mall. I assume that they will be the right type? Same sized photos that are used for UK passports. Thanks !

That's fine, they will accept both US and UK sized photos. If you have the option to choose though, pick the UK size.

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2018, 10:22:55 AM »
Hi again,

It doesn't matter which size you use - they can be US or UK size. You also only need one photo of the applicant.

Actually, technically, you may not need any passport photos, since they are not used for the visa and will likely just be mailed back to you anyway (they use the biometrics photo on the visa). However, the supporting documents guidance still says you need to send one.

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2018, 10:28:04 AM »
It doesn't matter which size you use - they can be US or UK size. You also only need one photo of the applicant.

Actually, technically, you may not need any passport photos, since they are not used for the visa and will likely just be mailed back to you anyway (they use the biometrics photo on the visa). However, the supporting documents guidance still says you need to send one.

Hi again,

I am just going through the required docs and slowly gathering them for our application in July. I have got another question for the experts. I am collecting and creating all the relationship documents. This includes the photos together, flight confirmation emails, train tickets, chat logs, joint bank account statement. Does my wife need to give any input on this or is it okay for me to gather all of it. It's easier for me to do the donkey work as I am better at doing these kind of things so I have taken full responsibility.

This meas the whats app chat logs I have included are screenshots of messages I sent to my wife over the last 1.5 years with time and date stamps. There are no screenshots of messages from her side. Would this look odd? Similarly for train tickets, I have got my screenshots of my expired train tickets when I visited her whilst she was working in UK.

Thank you !

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2018, 11:27:16 AM »
This includes the photos together, flight confirmation emails, train tickets, chat logs, joint bank account statement. Does my wife need to give any input on this or is it okay for me to gather all of it. It's easier for me to do the donkey work as I am better at doing these kind of things so I have taken full responsibility.

Ideally, you should be combining BOTH sides of communication... you gather up all your flight/train tickets, emails, chats etc., and she gathers up all of hers, and then you include them in the same package.

Otherwise, I suppose it might look like the relationship is one-sided, where you're going to see her all the time, or you're messaging her all the time, but she never goes to see you, or messages you back.

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2018, 12:36:59 PM »
Ideally, you should be combining BOTH sides of communication... you gather up all your flight/train tickets, emails, chats etc., and she gathers up all of hers, and then you include them in the same package.

Otherwise, I suppose it might look like the relationship is one-sided, where you're going to see her all the time, or you're messaging her all the time, but she never goes to see you, or messages you back.

Yeah it hit me, once I had gone through almost 2 years worth of whats app messages . The train tickets are not a problem, she can screenshot them and send them to me and I will combine it with mine. From my side, I have got two what's app messages per week for every week so around 168 screenshots for 84 weeks (approx 13 pages on word document). I guess it should be the same for her. However, another problem, my wife broke her phone about 7 months ago so only has record of whats app messages from November 2017 until now. We have only used whats app during our relationship (due to her reluctance to download FB messenger !)  She can explain the reason as to why her messages only start from November 2017 I can also screenshot the conversation where you can see the messages from both of us on the same page. Would this work? If this works then I can do this for last 1 year 9 months which covers our relationship.

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2018, 12:39:20 PM »
This is a pretty silly question but how do you post a photo here, would like to show you if I have this right with the whats app messages. I can't seem to insert images with the insert image button ! :/

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2018, 01:13:43 PM »
From my side, I have got two what's app messages per week for every week so around 168 screenshots for 84 weeks (approx 13 pages on word document). I guess it should be the same for her.

Okay, that is way, way too much. You only want to include 2-3 pages in total.

For 84 weeks, I would go with 1 screenshot every 1-2 weeks, to give no more than 40-60 screenshots in total. You should crop out everything except the name and date and then paste them in a list on a couple of sheets of paper.

You could maybe each include 1 screenshot every 2 weeks, so that you're alternating them. For example, you screenshot one message for each of weeks 1, 3, 5, 7 etc. and she screenshots one message for each of weeks 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.

However, another problem, my wife broke her phone about 7 months ago so only has record of whats app messages from November 2017 until now.

Not a problem. You can use both yours and her screenshots from November onwards, and then just yours from before November.

As long as you have other pieces of evidence to cover the rest of the time, it doesn't matter if you only have messages from certain months.

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2018, 01:16:48 PM »
This is a pretty silly question but how do you post a photo here, would like to show you if I have this right with the whats app messages. I can't seem to insert images with the insert image button ! :/

To use the 'insert image' button, the picture needs to already be hosted on a photo hosting site on the internet - such as Photobucket or Flickr. You upload the image to that site and then insert the URL into the image text.

Alternatively, there's the 'Attach' section below the text reply box, where you can select an image stored from your computer, upload it and attach it to your post.

Or, if you have the Tapatalk app on your phone and you log into the forum using that, you can send the image to your phone/take the picture on your phone and just insert the image using Tapatalk buy pressing the photo button and selecting the photo on your phone.

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2018, 02:52:38 PM »

This is what I mean . At the moment I have got 164 screenshots like the second photo (~2 screenshots per week) . But I was thinking of doing it like the first photo . This way , I guess my wife will not need to do screenshots from her side as this shows our conversation along with the date and time . Would this be sufficient ?

Thank you !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 02:54:59 PM by mk191192 »

Sponsored Links