Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa Docs - Proof of relationship  (Read 11406 times)

• Liked: 3595
Spouse Visa Docs - Proof of relationship
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2018, 03:16:50 PM »
Ah, okay - you need the name to show at the top of each message, so that they know who sent it!

So, you'll need to screenshot just the top of the message screen so it shows the name and the date. Then crop out all but the name and date.

For example:

Then you can paste them into Word, and put lots of messages in a list or next to each other. 

For example, this could be either almost 6 months (1 a week) or about 11 months worth (1 every 2 weeks) of messages (I’ve just copied the same message lots of times), but you would need the name on every message:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 12
Re: Spouse Visa Docs - Proof of relationship
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2018, 01:46:52 PM »
Ah, okay - you need the name to show at the top of each message, so that they know who sent it!

So, you'll need to screenshot just the top of the message screen so it shows the name and the date. Then crop out all but the name and date.

For example:

Then you can paste them into Word, and put lots of messages in a list or next to each other. 

For example, this could be either almost 6 months (1 a week) or about 11 months worth (1 every 2 weeks) of messages (I’ve just copied the same message lots of times), but you would need the name on every message:

Hi ksand,

I have got the mandatory letters from HR today to confirm my employment details and verify my payslips . See the photos posted below . I already know that these are not sufficient for the application . I wanted to post these on here so you guys could tell me the missing information to include and I will go back to HR and they will amend it accordingly . It’s dated for 26th of June , one day after my June pay slip . We will be applying for the spousal visa in mid July .

Note : we don’t have an official company stamp so the pay slips can’t be stamped . Is it advisable to get them signed ? Or would a letter be sufficient as long as it includes the dates pay slips cover and the gross pay?

Thanks again !

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2018, 02:20:38 PM »
Okay, to be sure you include everything, the letter of authenticity should probably list the exact amounts shown on each payslip and confirm that each amount is correct and matches their records.

Also, I would have them just write one letter, rather than 2 separate ones, especially if they're both being written by the same person. No point in giving them twice as much work by asking for 2 letters :P.

Just a note though, that by blacking out your annual salary on the letter, it means we can't tell whether you actually meet the requirements or not - since the salary amount is the most important part for the visa application :P.

Note : we don’t have an official company stamp so the pay slips can’t be stamped . Is it advisable to get them signed ? Or would a letter be sufficient as long as it includes the dates pay slips cover and the gross pay?

The guidance just says that the payslips must be accompanied by a letter of authenticity. It does not state anywhere that they need to be stamped.

From the guidance:

(bb) Payslips must be:
(i) original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

_________________________________________________ ____________

My suggestion for just one letter which includes all the information is as follows (the blue highlights are things that must be included in the letter, and are things that will depend on your exact circumstances):

To The Entry Clearance Officer,

I am writing to confirm that [sponsor's name] is currently employed at [company name] as [job title]. They have been employed on a [permanent, full-time], [salaried] contract with us since [20th November 2011]. Their current annual salary is [£X] and they have been earning this salary since [Y date].

I can also confirm that the payslips provided with this application are authentic and correct, as follows:
December 2017 £X amount
January 2018 £X amount
February 2018 £X amount
March 2018 £X amount
April 2018 £X amount
May 2018 £X amount

Yours Faithfully,
[Their name]

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2018, 10:20:05 AM »
Okay, to be sure you include everything, the letter of authenticity should probably list the exact amounts shown on each payslip and confirm that each amount is correct and matches their records.

Also, I would have them just write one letter, rather than 2 separate ones, especially if they're both being written by the same person. No point in giving them twice as much work by asking for 2 letters .

Just a note though, that by blacking out your annual salary on the letter, it means we can't tell whether you actually meet the requirements or not - since the salary amount is the most important part for the visa application .

The guidance just says that the payslips must be accompanied by a letter of authenticity. It does not state anywhere that they need to be stamped.

From the guidance:

_________________________________________________ ____________

My suggestion for just one letter which includes all the information is as follows (the blue highlights are things that must be included in the letter, and are things that will depend on your exact circumstances):

To The Entry Clearance Officer,

I am writing to confirm that [sponsor's name] is currently employed at [company name] as [job title]. They have been employed on a [permanent, full-time], [salaried] contract with us since [20th November 2011]. Their current annual salary is [£X] and they have been earning this salary since [Y date].

I can also confirm that the payslips provided with this application are authentic and correct, as follows:
December 2017 £X amount
January 2018 £X amount
February 2018 £X amount
March 2018 £X amount
April 2018 £X amount
May 2018 £X amount

Yours Faithfully,
[Their name]

Brilliant ! Thank you . I will ask HR to condense these into one letter . For the payslips confirming amounts , should I confirm the gross amount , the gross amount/ salary is the same for every month , however the net payment is different each month due to pension deductions , bonus etc . The basic salary is more than sufficient to cover the requirements .

Also , do I need signatures of the HR manager on the individual payslips as well or not ?

The dates on the pay slips only state the issue date for example , December pay slip was issued on 19/12/17. I am attaching 7 pay slips just to be on the safe side , but also going to ask HR to write the period they cover so it would say :

December 2017 £X amount for tax month 09 covering the month of December  2017.
January 2018 £X amount for tax month 10 covering the month of January 2018.

Pay slips I am submitting run from 19/12/17 until 25/06/18 so that’s a period of 6 months and 6 days but total 7 payslips from December - June.  Covers all bases .

I am also attaching p60, this is again an electronic p60 . Do I need to get this authenticated too ?

Thank you

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 10:22:13 AM by mk191192 »

« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2018, 10:29:48 AM »
Brilliant ! Thank you . I will ask HR to condense these into one letter . For the payslips confirming amounts , should I confirm the gross amount , the gross amount/ salary is the same for every month , however the net payment is different each month due to pension deductions , bonus etc . The basic salary is more than sufficient to cover the requirements .

It's the gross amount, before tax/deductions that is used to meet the financial requirement, so they should confirm the gross, pre-tax amount on each payslip.

As long as each one is at least £1,550, the income will meet the requirements.

Also , do I need signatures of the HR manager on the individual payslips as well or not ?

No, you don't. It does not say anywhere in the guidance that the payslips themselves must be signed (some people do get them stamped or signed, but it's not a requirement - the letter is a requirement though).

The dates on the pay slips only state the issue date for example , December pay slip was issued on 19/12/17. I am attaching 7 pay slips just to be on the safe side , but also going to ask HR to write the period they cover so it would say :

December 2017 £X amount for tax month 09 covering the month of December  2017.
January 2018 £X amount for tax month 10 covering the month of January 2018.

Pay slips I am submitting run from 19/12/17 until 25/06/18 so that’s a period of 6 months and 6 days but total 7 payslips from December - June.  Covers all bases .

That sounds good.

Just remember to make sure that your bank statements must also cover the entire period that the payslips cover - so from at least 19/12/2017 to 25/06/2018.

I am also attaching p60, this is again an electronic p60 . Do I need to get this authenticated too ?

The P60 is not a required document, but if you include it, it should be the original one you received in the post.

If you don't have the original one, and you still want to include it, then I would have the letter also confirm that the P60 is authentic as well.

« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2018, 11:01:43 AM »

If you don't have the original one, and you still want to include it, then I would have the letter also confirm that the P60 is authentic as well.

Great . Looks like I am on the right track . For the P60 , I am not sure how they can authenticate it . As it has my total salary for last year from current employment but also my total salary from other employment . I guess they can’t really authenticate the other employment .

I will however , put this as part of the letter and just say “I can also confirm that the payslips and P60 provided with this application are authentic and correct as follows “

Hopefully my HR manager will sign it !

Ok now that the employment requirements are complete , another question .

I am attaching screenshots of expired  train tickets ,  when I went to see my wife whilst she was working in UK. They are screenshots from the Trainline app. Will they be okay ? See photo below .

I will attach alternating weekends , one from my side and one from my wife . Might not have one per weekend as we had some weekends off in between and also my wife can’t retain a lot as she broke her phone last year .

« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2018, 11:10:05 AM »
Great . Looks like I am on the right track . For the P60 , I am not sure how they can authenticate it . As it has my total salary for last year from current employment but also my total salary from other employment . I guess they can’t really authenticate the other employment .

I will however , put this as part of the letter and just say “I can also confirm that the payslips and P60 provided with this application are authentic and correct as follows “

Hopefully my HR manager will sign it !

In that case, I would probably just not bother having HR verify the P60 (since they can't verify all the details) and either just send the printed online copy, or just not send it at all... because it's not actually a requirement to include it.

I am attaching screenshots of expired  train tickets ,  when I went to see my wife whilst she was working in UK. They are screenshots from the Trainline app. Will they be okay ? See photo below .

Yeah, I should think that will be fine. Most people don't have train tickets to provide, since they live in different countries, so the format for sending them is not really something that's come up before.

« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2018, 06:57:47 PM »

Yeah, I should think that will be fine. Most people don't have train tickets to provide, since they live in different countries, so the format for sending them is not really something that's come up before.

Hi again ,

Ok so I just reviewed my wife’s online application and have some more questions .

1. The question here is “have you ever travelled to the UK in last 10 years “

My wife has put yes .

This is followed up by please enter details of 5 most recent visits .

Now , my wife was in the UK on tier 2 visa and we went on quite a few vacations outside the UK in between so what should we put on here ? What will the date of departure and arrival be ?

For example our last trip was Morocco in March so we went from 24/03/18 - 31/03/18. So does that mean we should put date of departure from UK as 24/03 and arrival as 31/03 . This is quite confusing .

In the same section is the next question that we are confused about . As you can see the question is , “have you travelled outside your country of residence excluding the UK in last 10 years “

My wife has said yes and then listed the countries that she has been to . Firstly the list is incomplete as she could only enter so many . Secondly , this is not in any order and she has not put some trips in between . Eg her parents live in Germany so we go there quite often but she has only put this twice on the list .

For this section , the details that we have filled out are mine . Is this correct ?

Further down the same section , it then asks for mother and father details . My wife has put her family details down . Is this correct or should it be my family details ?

This is in the Family section of the application .

This question relates to the NHS treatment start and end date . My wife has put from October 2016 - April 2017 because this is for a repeat prescription . All she did was go to the doctor and then picked up her prescription . So technically  this is not really a treatment but just one off appointments to pick up her prescription . Is there any way of putting this on here ? Should she just put the last date that she went to the GP as treatment start and end date (it will have to be a guess, April 2017 )

Finally this is what my wife has put in the additional information section . It’s just to explain why she didn’t have to pay for the NHS treatment . Is this sufficient ?

This is it for now . Once these are addressed , we are good to go on the online application . We will move on to the appendix 2 form .

Thanks for your help again

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2018, 07:58:28 PM »
1. The question here is “have you ever travelled to the UK in last 10 years “

My wife has put yes .

This is followed up by please enter details of 5 most recent visits .

Now , my wife was in the UK on tier 2 visa and we went on quite a few vacations outside the UK in between so what should we put on here ? What will the date of departure and arrival be ?

For example our last trip was Morocco in March so we went from 24/03/18 - 31/03/18. So does that mean we should put date of departure from UK as 24/03 and arrival as 31/03 . This is quite confusing .

I would be inclined to count the length of her Tier 4 and then Tier 2 visa as one visit, then put up to 4 previous visits before that in. She can then make a note that she travelled in and out of the UK several times during the Tier 2.

For example (and I'm making up these visits):

1. Lived in UK on a Tier 4 visa and then switched to a Tier 2 visa. Entered UK on 1st Jan 2014 and departed on 1st Jan 2018 (I made several trips to other countries while holding my Tier 2 visa)

2. Holiday to UK from 1st June 2013 to 15th June 2013

3. Holiday to UK from 12th September 2010 to 21st September 2010

2. In the same section is the next question that we are confused about . As you can see the question is , “have you travelled outside your country of residence excluding the UK in last 10 years “

My wife has said yes and then listed the countries that she has been to . Firstly the list is incomplete as she could only enter so many . Secondly , this is not in any order and she has not put some trips in between . Eg her parents live in Germany so we go there quite often but she has only put this twice on the list .

She must list every trip she has ever taken (she can't leave any out, otherwise that would be lying, since they can check her travel history and see that they were not all listed), and they need to be in date order.

If she runs out of space, then she needs to continue on a separate sheet of paper (and/or in the Additional Information section).

3. For this section , the details that we have filled out are mine . Is this correct ?

Yes, I believe so (though it is a confusing form).

4.  Further down the same section , it then asks for mother and father details . My wife has put her family

Yes, it must be HER parents' details (again, this is where the form gets confusing).

The reason they need her parents' details is to make sure she isn't already entitled to UK citizenship through her parents.

5. This question relates to the NHS treatment start and end date . My wife has put from October 2016 - April 2017 because this is for a repeat prescription . All she did was go to the doctor and then picked up her prescription . So technically  this is not really a treatment but just one off appointments to pick up her prescription . Is there any way of putting this on here ? Should she just put the last date that she went to the GP as treatment start and end date (it will have to be a guess, April 2017 )

I would probably go with October 2016 to April 2017. And it definitely WAS treatment for the purpose of a visa application.

They need to make sure that either:
- she was entitled to visit the GP for free and get prescriptions at NHS rate
or
- she paid for her GP visits and prescriptions

6. Finally this is what my wife has put in the additional information section . It’s just to explain why she didn’t have to pay for the NHS treatment . Is this sufficient ?

Yeah, that's fine.

The Additional Information section can also be used to continue her travel history from the last 10 years.

This is it for now . Once these are addressed , we are good to go on the online application . We will move on to the appendix 2 form .

Just remember, DO NOT submit the online application until you are completely ready to mail everything to Sheffield.

Really, the Appendix 2 form should be filled out FIRST, and the online application should be the LAST thing you do... because the Appendix 2 contains all the important information about how you meet each of the visa requirements, and is useful to refer to when gathering your documents.

The online form however, is generic and pretty much the same for all visa types.

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2018, 08:07:43 PM »
Hi ksand ,

Everything above makes sense . So for the 5 visit to the UK , if she counts her tier 4 and 2 visas as one visit then that means she wouldn’t be able to put anything else on there as she had not been to the UK prior to coming here on tier 4.

So should we just put that as one visit and then for 4 more visits , just put the last 4 holidays ? Again discrepancy about what would class as arrival and departure dates . Argh this visa form is so annoying , quite a few grey areas and ambiguity .

I have passed this on to my wife and she will amend the rest accordingly.

For the appendix 2, What I mean is that we have already done a couple of practice appendix 2 forms , just need to fill it out properly without mistakes !

Thanks

« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2018, 08:20:02 PM »
Hi ksand ,

Everything above makes sense . So for the 5 visit to the UK , if she counts her tier 4 and 2 visas as one visit then that means she wouldn’t be able to put anything else on there as she had not been to the UK prior to coming here on tier 4.

So should we just put that as one visit and then for 4 more visits , just put the last 4 holidays ? Again discrepancy about what would class as arrival and departure dates . Argh this visa form is so annoying , quite a few grey areas and ambiguity .

So, then you just don't put anything else on there. Just because it gives space for 5 visits, doesn't mean you have to give 5 visits.

You need to stop overthinking it.

They are looking to see how many times she has been issued a UK entry clearance visa (just once - the Tier 4 visa).

While she was here on her Tier 4 and Tier 2 visas, she did NOT visit the UK. She was living in the UK and visited OTHER countries, therefore, you cannot answer the question in terms of UK entry and departure dates, because she was a UK resident during those times and was not visiting.

Therefore the only visit she can list is her entry to the UK at the beginning of her Tier 4 visa, and her departure from the UK at the end of her Tier 2 visa.

Apologies though, I misread what the formatting for the question was, and thought you could just write what you wanted in a larger space, but it looks like you can only give short answers.

So, I would answer as follows:
Date of Arrival = date she entered on her Tier 4 visa
Date of Departure = date she left at the end of her Tier 2 visa
Purpose of Trip = Study/Work (or however it will let you answer)
And then move onto the next question

She can then use the Additional Information section to explain that she lived in the UK on a Tier 4 visa, then switched to Tier 2, and that she visited several other countries while living in the UK.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 08:48:53 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2018, 08:43:53 PM »
So, then you just don't put anything else on there. Just because it gives space for 5 visits, doesn't mean you have to give 5 visits.

You need to stop overthinking it.

They are looking to see how many times she has been issued a UK entry clearance visa (just once - the Tier 4 visa) and how many times she has received such a visa (again just once - the Tier 4... the Tier 2 visa was leave to remain from inside the UK)

While she was here on her Tier 4 and Tier 2 visas, she did NOT visit the UK. She was living in the UK and visited OTHER countries, therefore, you cannot answer the question in terms of UK entry and departure dates, because she was a UK resident during those times and was not visiting.

Therefore the only visit she can list is her entry to the UK at the beginning of her Tier 4 visa, and her departure from the UK at the end of her Tier 2 visa.

Apologies though, I misread what the formatting for the question was, and thought you could just write what you wanted in a larger space, but it looks like you can only give short answers.

So, I would answer as follows:
Date of Arrival = date she entered on her Tier 4 visa
Date of Departure = date she left at the end of her Tier 2 visa
Purpose of Trip = Study/Work (or however it will let you answer)
And then move onto the next question

She can then use the Additional Information section to explain that she lived in the UK on a Tier 4 visa, then switched to Tier 2, and that she visited several other countries while living in the UK.

Yeah that’s what we have decided to do. She will put the date she entered on tier 4 and then the date she left the UK “permanently “ which was 04/06/18 and then in the additional comments , just mention the trips made to other countries whilst on tier 4 and 2 visas . Slowly but steadily getting there , don’t know where we would have been without this forum . Saved me from losing my hair . Once this process is over , I think I can join the panel as an expert as well !

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2018, 09:05:26 PM »

Hi ,

I asked this question earlier but still unsure about it . So basically the signature on my passport is different to my current signature . At some point I decided to change my signature and all my official documents (barring passport ) have this new style of signature . Will this hinder the visa application ? I am attaching a photo to show how different the signatures are .

One of the left (1) is like the signature on my passport  and one on the right (2) is the signature I have now (not my actual signatures but just an example ) . As you can see there is a considerable difference . Don’t ask me why but I must have changed it for a reason ! Passport signature is over 5 years old (2013). I didn’t even think this would be a problem until now . I am sending the following signed documents which will have my wet signature on them :

- letter of introduction
- tenancy agreement
- job contract
- job offer letter

These will have my new signature type . I was thinking of perhaps adding a note somewhere and explaining this but then thought what are the chances of them actually noticing this. This is not a requirement anywhere , also,  by making a note , I will be putting emphasis on it for no reason .

I wasn’t going to get my passport certified initially but I will now due to this.

The way I look at it , it shouldn’t make a difference as I should be able to sign a document however I like . Probably just overthinking it but I know that the ECO will not be using their common sense and I don’t want something as petty as this to come back and haunt us.

Thoughts? Thanks !

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 09:06:39 PM by mk191192 »

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2018, 09:11:02 PM »
I don’t think it will make any difference whatsoever and honestly, it’s insignificant compared to everything else that needs to be included in the application.

Your visa is not going to be refused over a slightly changed signature (they wouldn’t be allowed to do that - they could only refuse if they don’t believe you are who you say you were). It’s much most important to make sure your finances, accommodation and relationship evidence meets all the requirements. I probably wouldn’t even mention it anywhere.

I normally advise getting the passport copy certified anyway, just to be on the safe side... so I’d go ahead and get it certified at the Post Office and then there’ll be no need to think about it any further.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 09:12:54 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2018, 09:31:00 PM »
I don’t think it will make any difference whatsoever and honestly, it’s insignificant compared to everything else that needs to be included in the application.

Your visa is not going to be refused over a slightly changed signature (they wouldn’t be allowed to do that - they could only refuse if they don’t believe you are who you say you were). It’s much most important to make sure your finances, accommodation and relationship evidence meets all the requirements. I probably wouldn’t even mention it anywhere.

I normally advise getting the passport copy certified anyway, just to be on the safe side... so I’d go ahead and get it certified at the Post Office and then there’ll be no need to think about it any further.

Brilliant , thank you . All these small things coming up now as we gear up to submit our documents . On a different note , I want to ship all my documents next Tuesday to my wife in the US . I had a look at the shipping costs via UPS and it’s about £60. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong ? They will be in an envelope and weight approximately 0.5kgs !

Sponsored Links