Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: deworming  (Read 2142 times)

deworming
« on: May 14, 2018, 11:03:24 AM »
is there any kind of official document/certification needed for the deworming?  i know it has to be done within 5 days of travel, but i've already planned to have the health certificate filled out/certified at 8 days before we leave, so i'm not sure where/how to include the deworming.

• Liked: 6110
Re: deworming
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 11:58:42 AM »
is there any kind of official document/certification needed for the deworming?  i know it has to be done within 5 days of travel, but i've already planned to have the health certificate filled out/certified at 8 days before we leave, so i'm not sure where/how to include the deworming.

I moved cats.  But call the USDA, they will know.  :)

https://offices.sc.egov.usda.gov/locator/app
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 05:43:05 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 958
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 05:23:54 PM »
Ask the vet doing the certificate. They should be familiar with the process, you could possibly also ask the Aphis office. I think the vets are allowed to amend the certificate but I don't know if it needs approval after that.

• Liked: 68
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 06:27:30 PM »

Hey Meg! My vet informed me that it was 5 days prior to arrival in the UK, not the time that I departed the US. I only say this in case you were planning on doing it early and getting it out of the way. Are you going through Heathrow at all? If you are, you can send your paperwork to HARC (I believe, I came through with a service animal) for a pre-check to make sure that everything is ok. You need to have a specific type of deworming medication, not a brand, but active ingredient being PRAZIQUANTEL.
Type of Application: Settlement Spouse Visa (non priority)
Met Husband: 10 September 2015
Got married: 13 October 2017
Online application: 26 Nov 2017
Decision email received: 8 March 2018 (68 BD)
Passport received: 12 March 2018 - APPROVED!
Arrived in the UK: 31 March 2018
FLR(M) Extension Submitted: 15 September 2020
Submitted Documents and Biometrics via IDV: 8 October 2020
FLR(M) Approval: 30 December 2020
SET(M) Submitted: 15 July 2023
Submitted Docs & Biometrics: 10 August 2023
SET (M) Approved: 13 October 2023

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 06:20:17 PM »
i figured it out after some online research.  my vet (which was a vet in a pretty frequented high profile shop) knew nothing of the process of a EU health certificate. Luckily I had done enough research to talk her through it, and she charged me less as a result.

When we landed in paris, nobody checked anything. Not my passport, not his papers, nothing.  At the chunnel, my cab driver that specializes in pet moves took us to this separate pet passport check, and everything was fine :)  had a longer time getting my visa checked at the border :P

Sponsored Links