Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: St. Thomas US Virgin Islands to England  (Read 1037 times)

• Liked: 1
St. Thomas US Virgin Islands to England
« on: May 15, 2018, 02:30:12 AM »
Hello all,

I've been lurking on this great site for some time now and thought it time to say hello and thanks!

I met my wife while stationed at Upper Heyford and then we got married there before the base closed and forced us to move to the US.  Well, after 27 years of moving and living in the US and other countries we moved to the sunny island of St Thomas USVI where I took a teaching job.  We are now planning our move back to England because my wife's step-mom is ill and it's time for my wife to get back to her family.

I was lucky enough to get offered a teaching position already so that part is taken care of so we are now just waiting on the Visa (like a lot of people).

Thanks to all for the useful information!
Type of Application:
Settlement Spouse Visa
(Priority)
Country applying from:
USA, St Thomas USVI
Online application
submitted: 27-March 2018
Biometrics: 6-April 2018
Package sent: 6-April 2018
UKVI receipt of application:
9-April 2018
Decision made email:
18 May 2018
29 BD
UPS return of passport: 21 May 2018
APPROVED!!

• Liked: 6110
Re: St. Thomas US Virgin Islands to England
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 03:24:44 AM »
Hello all,

I've been lurking on this great site for some time now and thought it time to say hello and thanks!

I met my wife while stationed at Upper Heyford and then we got married there before the base closed and forced us to move to the US.  Well, after 27 years of moving and living in the US and other countries we moved to the sunny island of St Thomas USVI where I took a teaching job.  We are now planning our move back to England because my wife's step-mom is ill and it's time for my wife to get back to her family.

I was lucky enough to get offered a teaching position already so that part is taken care of so we are now just waiting on the Visa (like a lot of people).

Thanks to all for the useful information!

Welcome!  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 08:56:09 AM »
Welcome! :D Wishing you a very quick approval on your visa.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 149
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 02:10:45 PM »
Welcome. I'm a retired DoDDS/DoDEA teacher. (High Wycombe, Greenham Common, Croughton, Menwith Hill).
Fred

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 05:00:17 PM »
Welcome. I'm a retired DoDDS/DoDEA teacher. (High Wycombe, Greenham Common, Croughton, Menwith Hill).

Thanks.

I tried that route but they didn't respond before a local secondary school did.
Type of Application:
Settlement Spouse Visa
(Priority)
Country applying from:
USA, St Thomas USVI
Online application
submitted: 27-March 2018
Biometrics: 6-April 2018
Package sent: 6-April 2018
UKVI receipt of application:
9-April 2018
Decision made email:
18 May 2018
29 BD
UPS return of passport: 21 May 2018
APPROVED!!

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 05:27:24 PM »
Thanks.

I tried that route but they didn't respond before a local secondary school did.
It would have been perfect for you....but that school system is downsizing constantly. I started out with a whole lotta places that no longer exist. Even just in the UK. Woodbridge.....which I always thought would have been a perfect UK fit for me. Probably only 1/5 of the schools in Germany are still there. I spent 10 years in Giessen which doesn't exist anymore....well...the town does, just not the American school. I was fortunate....it was a good life working for DoDDS.
Fred

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 07:16:35 PM »

Fred, I didn’t know you were in High Wycombe in the past.  I work in Maidenhead.  Only 20 years too late.   ;D

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 08:26:48 PM »
Fred, I didn’t know you were in High Wycombe in the past.  I work in Maidenhead.  Only 20 years too late.   ;D
I worked at Wycombe from 80-85, make that 30+ years. I used to run for Wycombe Phoenix and we had a yearly cross country race down in "Maidenhead thicket".....can't remember where it was other than it was dead flat and muddy. But then again.....it's England.....it's muddy in most places. 
Fred

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 01:28:55 PM »
It would have been perfect for you....but that school system is downsizing constantly. I started out with a whole lotta places that no longer exist. Even just in the UK. Woodbridge.....which I always thought would have been a perfect UK fit for me. Probably only 1/5 of the schools in Germany are still there. I spent 10 years in Giessen which doesn't exist anymore....well...the town does, just not the American school. I was fortunate....it was a good life working for DoDDS.

I was a student at Hahn American High School in 1989.  I don't know if Hahn is still there or not, but I suspect not.  That base never really seemed to get properly built.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 02:12:20 PM »
I was a student at Hahn American High School in 1989.  I don't know if Hahn is still there or not, but I suspect not.  That base never really seemed to get properly built.
No, Hahn closed while I was still in Germany (I left in 1999)...I can't remember when, but it closed at least a few years before that. Germany really downsized after about 1995.....seemed at least one school closed every year. Hahn has actually turned into a local German airport.....I think I flew out of there at least once.
Fred

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab