Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: First Entry into UK after Visa Issuance  (Read 1341 times)

• Liked: 49
First Entry into UK after Visa Issuance
« on: May 15, 2018, 05:08:12 PM »
So I'll be taking off next Monday and wanted to run everything by you.  If you see any issues, please let me know.

I'm flying into Newcastle with a two hour layover in Paris.  Since I am flying alone, it is my understanding that I stand in the non-EU line?  Also, what all am I suppose to bring?  Passport clearly, along with UKVI letter and what else?  Do I need the ToR letter or any proof of funds? 

Thanks to all who have been so generous in their time and expertise for these past few months! 
UK: Spousal Visa- Non-Priority
Applying from: Atlanta, USA
Online Application Date: February 13, 2018
Biometrics Date: February 16, 2018
Application Received in Sheffield: February 26
Email from Sheffield Acknowledging Receipt: February 28
Not-Straightforward Email: None
Decision Made Email: May 9
Verdict: APPROVED!

• Liked: 239
Re: First Entry into UK after Visa Issuance
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 05:17:56 PM »
So I'll be taking off next Monday and wanted to run everything by you.  If you see any issues, please let me know.

I'm flying into Newcastle with a two hour layover in Paris.  Since I am flying alone, it is my understanding that I stand in the non-EU line?  Also, what all am I suppose to bring?  Passport clearly, along with UKVI letter and what else?  Do I need the ToR letter or any proof of funds? 

Thanks to all who have been so generous in their time and expertise for these past few months!

Don’t know about the TOR so someone else can answer that.  You need passport, landing card and letter from Home Office. I handed them my letter and he didn’t even look at it other than to make sure it said where to collect my brp. Took 5 minutes.  :D
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 239
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 05:19:08 PM »
And yes, you stand in the Non-EU line if you are coming without your spouse. If your spouse is with you, you can go through the EU line.
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 05:53:03 PM »

It's also good if your husband is there to meet you or is at least reachable by phone because the requirement is that he must already be in the UK if he is not travelling with you.
Make sure they stamp your vignette and that the date is legible. Everything for the next 5 years of your life will revolve around that date!  :)

• Liked: 49
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 10:39:34 AM »
Great tips!  Thank you both!!
UK: Spousal Visa- Non-Priority
Applying from: Atlanta, USA
Online Application Date: February 13, 2018
Biometrics Date: February 16, 2018
Application Received in Sheffield: February 26
Email from Sheffield Acknowledging Receipt: February 28
Not-Straightforward Email: None
Decision Made Email: May 9