Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Step down transformer recommendations?  (Read 941 times)

• Liked: 2
Step down transformer recommendations?
« on: May 15, 2018, 05:45:44 PM »
I left most of my non-dual voltage electronics back home, but did bring a couple of items. The one in question is a nice TV. It'll support the 50hz content BUT it only supports US mains (110V 60hz). The manufacturer says power consumption is ~330W, so I'll probably get something rated at ~500W or maybe a bit higher so I can hook something else up.

Hoping this isn't against forum rules, but I'd love advice on quality step down converters for electronics that aren't too noisy? I'm looking at Tacima, Newmarket, and Faithfull transformers and also thinking about the ones over at 220-electronics that have voltage regulators built in. Does any UK manufacturer include voltage regulators?

• Liked: 1891
Re: Step down transformer recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 07:29:54 PM »
I left most of my non-dual voltage electronics back home, but did bring a couple of items. The one in question is a nice TV. It'll support the 50hz content BUT it only supports US mains (110V 60hz). The manufacturer says power consumption is ~330W, so I'll probably get something rated at ~500W or maybe a bit higher so I can hook something else up.

Hoping this isn't against forum rules, but I'd love advice on quality step down converters for electronics that aren't too noisy? I'm looking at Tacima, Newmarket, and Faithfull transformers and also thinking about the ones over at 220-electronics that have voltage regulators built in. Does any UK manufacturer include voltage regulators?

I guess you'll want to leave it on standby, running all the time?  I'd be concerned about my power bill and the possibility of fire. Your wiring isn't the 100 year old standard Victorian style is it?   

Sorry, other than general FUD, I don't have any specific advice.  Other than to double check that the power supply doesn't automatically switch like a computer, but you sound like you would have checked that. 

• Liked: 2
Re: Step down transformer recommendations?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 08:18:38 PM »
I figured I'd have it on only while watching TV, mostly because of the electric bills, but good point about the heat/wiring. The house was built in the '60s but the wiring looks to have possibly been updated since then (fuse/breaker box is new, at least).

Sponsored Links