Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Successful FLR(M) in Person at Sheffield  (Read 333 times)

• Liked: 8
Successful FLR(M) in Person at Sheffield
« on: May 18, 2018, 01:27:18 AM »
Just wanted to report back to again thank the experts on this forum for their advice and support. I had my (successful!) appointment earlier this week and just received my biometric card today.

The appointment went pretty well. We parked in the Q-Park right across the street from Vulcan House- which made finding out where we needed to be pretty easy. I can't really offer any advice re: how early to arrive. We arrived nearly two hours early for the appointment because we were antsy and just wanted to be on site. A friend had recommended a great coffee shop (Grind) a short walk away from the office so we waited there and went back around twenty minutes before our appointment. This was smart, because they called us up for our appointment exactly 15 minutes before it was scheduled (maybe that's why they advise you to be there 15 minutes early). This seemed to happen with everyone after us as far as I could tell, so I can't see that your process would be sped up if you arrived any earlier. They weren't letting anyone arrive much earlier than 20 minutes ahead of their appointments anyways, as there's pretty limited seating. You can bring in your own snacks and beverages (they prefer if the beverages are factory sealed and brought in unopened, but did let me bring in my own water and coffee after I sipped them in front of the security guards). They also have water and a coffee/tea machine (I think you may have to pay a little bit to use it though). If you're bringing children, pack books/small toys/any other small things they might like to keep them occupied as there's nothing for them to play with.

The handing over of all my documents went well. I did submit more evidence than advised as I wanted to be cautious, but everything I got back had clearly been looked over so I guess it didn't hurt (and at the very least, it made me feel as though I'd done everything I could). The most important thing to have in perfect order, though, is seemingly your financial evidence (not really a surprise). Those docs came back to us far more dog-eared than anything else.

There was maybe a 15 minute wait between handing over my documents and getting my biometrics taken. There's no TV or reading material provided in the waiting room, so I'd advise you to pack reading material/music/make sure your phone is charged to pass the time. After the biometrics, we were advised everything else would take 1.5 to 2 hours and were encouraged to leave our cell phone and ticket number with an administrator and go for lunch or a walk (again, I think this is to help free some seats in the waiting area). We did that at it was all fine-ish. When we came back, we alerted an administrator, but she somehow failed to take us off the call list, which just meant we got a call asking us to come back to the office and we turned, waved at the woman on the phone, and said "we're right here!" If you choose to leave, just make sure you keep your phone on even after you've told them you're back just in case.

I will say, every single person we dealt with was incredibly friendly and kind. It made the day so much more pleasant than it could have been. A little over an hour and a half after my biometrics, I received my visa, and, a few days later, got my biometric residency card. It's a bit of a whirlwind, but a happy one.

Thank you for all the help!!!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Successful FLR(M) in Person at Sheffield
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 03:55:42 AM »
Just wanted to report back to again thank the experts on this forum for their advice and support. I had my (successful!) appointment earlier this week and just received my biometric card today.

Congratulations caty!  ;D

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 12:21:41 PM »
Congratulations!  What a relief, right?

At Cardiff's PSC, they had a snacks machine (crisps, sweets, drinks), a coffee/hot drinks vending machine, access to drinking water and disposable cups, and a couple of baskets of toys.  Plus, there was a television showing daytime programming.  We were advised that we could leave after biometrics, but we were not encouraged to leave.  But Cardiff had plenty of comfy seating.  Still, you got to get out of there for a bit, so it doesn't sound like it was terribly uncomfortable.

How long did they take to process your application?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 12
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 07:52:05 PM »
Congratulations

• Liked: 7
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 03:07:21 PM »
Congratulations and thank you for the tips on Sheffield. That's where my appointment is for IRL in 11 days (!) Good to know the people there were nice at least...

Sponsored Links