Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help! Spouse and Dependent Checklist!  (Read 336 times)

• Liked: 0
Help! Spouse and Dependent Checklist!
« on: May 20, 2018, 08:34:29 PM »
Hey Everyone! I am feeling completely overwhelmed trying to figure out everything needed for our visas. I’m definitely realising the UKVI website doesn’t make it very clear on all the documents needed. We also spoke to a lawyer (State side) who I didn’t feel confident in his knowledge at all.  I will be applying for a Spouse (wife) visa and a dependent visa. I have a daughter from a previous marriage and then my husband (UK citizen) and I have a 5 month old son. This is what I have found this far that I believe we need to include in our packet:

- Printed applications
- Appendix forms for me and daughter
- Printed IHS receipts
- Return Shipping Label
- Biometric w/ Stamp
- Current & old passports
- 1 passport photo each
- Marriage Cert
- My previous marriage Cert and divorce decree
- Court documents showing proof of custody and permission to relocate daughter to UK
- Husbands birth cert
- Sons birth cert
- copies of husbands passport pages
- copies of my sons US & UK passport
- 6 mos bank statements from husband
-  bank letter from Halifax showing my husbands acct balance, name, & date acct was opened
- 6 mos pay slips from husband
- Counsil Tax for house
- Letter from husband confirming relationship
- photographs (10?)

I know that I am probably missing a lot of things so any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Help! Spouse and Dependent Checklist!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 08:41:23 PM »
Hi Kay!
Is he in the US or the UK? What will the accommodation arrangements be when you move? Have you ever lived together?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 08:41:48 PM »
Yes, you are missing a bit.

What is your husbands current work situation?  Is he salaried?  What is his salary?

Doe she rent or own his house?

Where was the baby born?  US or UK.

You also need relationship evidence.  Proof of trips to see one another, evidence of regular communication via text, email, phone, etc.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 09:00:14 PM »
Hi Kay!
Is he in the US or the UK? What will the accommodation arrangements be when you move? Have you ever lived together?

He is in the UK! He owns the home we will live in and no we haven’t. He has always been in the UK and I’ve always been in the US. We met in 2015 and have been married since 2016 if this matters also.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 09:05:08 PM »
He is in the UK! He owns the home we will live in and no we haven’t. He has always been in the UK and I’ve always been in the US. We met in 2015 and have been married since 2016 if this matters also.

Thanks for clarifying!

For the accommodation evidence you will need to send the land registry document and a recent mortgage statement. The council tax does not prove ownership and is unnecessary.

You can get the version which costs £3 here. https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-property-and-land/search-the-register

For your relationship evidence in addition to the your marriage and divorce certificates and the photos, you will need evidence of how you keep in touch on a regular basis over the entire length of your relationship as well as any evidence you have, such as boarding passes of trips to see each other.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 09:07:05 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 09:14:37 PM »
Yes, you are missing a bit.

What is your husbands current work situation?  Is he salaried?  What is his salary?

Doe she rent or own his house?

Where was the baby born?  US or UK.

You also need relationship evidence.  Proof of trips to see one another, evidence of regular communication via text, email, phone, etc.

Yes, he is employed as a train driver and has been employed with the same company for 6 years. He makes approximately £63k a year without any rest days/overtime.  This may be totally irrelevant but I have not worked since June 2017 and he has been our sole provider since. 

Our son was born in the US

He owns the house

We both have a few years worth of boarding passes and I can show proof of our daily WhatsApp calls/text and FaceTime call logs as well. We also can provide plenty of photos of us and our children all together.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 09:21:06 PM »
Thanks for clarifying!

For the accommodation evidence you will need to send the land registry document and a recent mortgage statement. The council tax does not prove ownership and is unnecessary.

You can get the version which costs £3 here. https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-property-and-land/search-the-register [nofollow]

For your relationship evidence in addition to the your marriage and divorce certificates and the photos, you will need evidence of how you keep in touch on a regular basis over the entire length of your relationship as well as any evidence you have, such as boarding passes of trips to see each other.

Thanks for helping me! I’m honestly so glad I stumbled on this site because I feel like it is going to be our saving grace!

What if we have both recently got new phones so I don’t know how I would get call logs from a few years back. I mean, I do have some Facebook messages that go back to 2016. Would this work? We actually have a lot of boarding passes between the both of us. I know I for sure have some from early 2016.

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 09:28:41 PM »
Thanks for helping me! I’m honestly so glad I stumbled on this site because I feel like it is going to be our saving grace!

What if we have both recently got new phones so I don’t know how I would get call logs from a few years back. I mean, I do have some Facebook messages that go back to 2016. Would this work? We actually have a lot of boarding passes between the both of us. I know I for sure have some from early 2016.

You will be expected to show that you communicated for the whole time you were apart. Boarding passes are great. Also, if you have any physical letters or cards that you have sent each other, include some of those too.

Have a read here to clarify what you need for the financial evidence.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

Pay particular attention to the format, everything needs to be original or a certified copy and for the financial evidence, must be dated within 28 days of the online application.  Do not submit the online application until you are completely ready and have all of your evidence in hand.

As well as the bank statements and pay slips, you will need to provide an employer letter and ideally the job contract and latest P60. Make sure that the full time frame is covered.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 09:32:57 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 09:36:35 PM »
You will be expected to show that you communicated for the whole time you were apart. Boarding passes are great. Also, if you have any physical letters or cards that you have sent each other, include some of those too.

Have a read here to clarify what you need for the financial evidence.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence [nofollow]
As well as the bank statements and pay slips, you will need to provide an employer letter and ideally the job contract and latest P60. Make sure that the full time frame is covered.

Ok! I will see if he can get those from early on in our relationship! We actually have spent majority of our time together and most of it being in the UK. I have never overstayed or anything like that. You would think that since we have a baby that is proof enough of meeting and having a real relationship, however I completely understand having to show all this proof ... gathering it all just sucks!  :-[ I do have a stack full of birthday, anniversary, mother’s day cards, etc as well! Do I need to make copies of everything I send?

Ok, thank you! I will have a look at it!

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 09:54:26 PM »
Don't send the whole stack of cards, just a few will do from over the years.

Officially you are supposed to send copies of anything which you would like returned but often they return the copies too.

Make a copy of the online application and appendix 2 for your own records, it'll be invaluable when you are applying for FLR from within the UK.

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 10:04:19 PM »
Don't send the whole stack of cards, just a few will do from over the years.

Officially you are supposed to send copies of anything which you would like returned but often they return the copies too.

Make a copy of the online application and appendix 2 for your own records, it'll be invaluable when you are applying for FLR from within the UK.

Ok! Honestly, thanks again for your help. I will research and gather everything in the next few days. Before I do my application I might do a final checklist of everything for you to double check. Is that ok?

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 10:11:28 PM »
Ok! Honestly, thanks again for your help. I will research and gather everything in the next few days. Before I do my application I might do a final checklist of everything for you to double check. Is that ok?

Of course! And feel free to ask any more questions!  :)

Sponsored Links