Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Schengen visa question  (Read 424 times)

• Liked: 2
Schengen visa question
« on: May 21, 2018, 09:24:38 AM »
Hi everyone.

Got a question about schengen visa please.

If my wife, who is a non-EU citizen with a BRP applies for a schengen visa to say Germany, is she then allowed to travel to other schengen countries on that visa? Or does she need to apply separately for each country.

I (a British citizen) will be accompanying my wife during any travels.

Thanks.

• Liked: 46
Re: Schengen visa question
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 09:33:41 AM »
Hi everyone.

Got a question about schengen visa please.

If my wife, who is a non-EU citizen with a BRP applies for a schengen visa to say Germany, is she then allowed to travel to other schengen countries on that visa? Or does she need to apply separately for each country.

I (a British citizen) will be accompanying my wife during any travels.

Thanks.

She needs a visa of one schengen country and will be allowed to travel in other schengen countries during the validity period of visa.
Application#1(Fiance)
Bio-metrics Appointment and scan: 16th Nov
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 17th Nov
Decision Made E-Mail: 19th January 2018
43 business days, Rejection
Application #2 Spouse (from France)
Bio-metrics Appointment and docs scan 08 March 2018
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 05 April 2018
Decision made email from Visa center: 25 April 2018
32 business days

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 12:16:51 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

Just wanted to follow this with another question please.

Does my wife need to provide all the flight, accommodation, and finance documents listed under http://www.vfsglobal.com/germany/uk/tourist.html. I've heard that because she is married to a UK citizen she doesn't need to provide details of accommodation, flight, and finance. I'm not sure how true that is.

Thanks.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 01:24:56 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

Just wanted to follow this with another question please.

Does my wife need to provide all the flight, accommodation, and finance documents listed under http://www.vfsglobal.com/germany/uk/tourist.html. I've heard that because she is married to a UK citizen she doesn't need to provide details of accommodation, flight, and finance. I'm not sure how true that is.

Thanks.

Being married to a U.K. citizen has nothing to do with anything. The only thing it affects is her entering the UK.

She will be treated the same as any other American tourist when entering the Schengen area. So, she should be able to show her flights, how long she will be staying and that she will return to live in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 02:46:29 PM »
Being married to a U.K. citizen has nothing to do with anything. The only thing it affects is her entering the UK.

She will be treated the same as any other American tourist when entering the Schengen area. So, she should be able to show her flights, how long she will be staying and that she will return to live in the UK.

Thanks for the reply.

Having just done more research, I think it may be the case that she needs to submit fewer documents than regular tourists who are not married to UK citizens. If you look at this link you'll notice this snippet:
"Following family members of EEA/EU and Swiss nationals are entitled to apply for a Schengen visa as EEA/EU and Swiss national family member, i.e. submitting fewer documents required than regular Tourists and exempt from paying the applicable visa fee, when travelling together with their EEA/EU or Swiss national family member:"

It doesn't say how many fewer documents she's allowed to submit, but I've just been told once I start doing the application form there will be sections that won't need filling in if the applicant is a spouse of a UK citizen.

My wife is not American by the way.

Thanks

• Liked: 113
Schengen visa question
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 03:57:27 PM »
Before I acquired US citizenship I held a Philippine passport so I had to apply and submit same requirements as everybody else who was non EU. Being married to a British or EU national has no bearing but can help in proving “ties outside of the Schengen area”.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:00:58 PM by masonjohnsmum »
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 04:22:49 PM »
Before I acquired US citizenship I held a Philippine passport so I had to apply and submit same requirements as everybody else who was non EU. Being married to a British or EU national has no bearing but can help in proving “ties outside of the Schengen area”.

Thanks for the reply.

Did you submit the same requirements just to ensure you're fully covered, or were you explicitly asked by the consulate/embassy to submit them?

There appears to be conflicting information around the web on the matter. I might just phone the consulate and see what they say.

• Liked: 113
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 07:15:47 PM »
I submitted what was required which I think is pretty standard for most tourist visa applications to any Schengen country. Flight return trip itinerary, accommodation details, how you intend to pay for the trip, proof of your ties to your home or residence country, travel insurance etc.

#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab