Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My Music: Only I Could Get Myself into a Pickle!  (Read 1909 times)

• Musician, Songwriter, Artist, Author
    • Rachael Allen
  • Liked: 0
My Music: Only I Could Get Myself into a Pickle!
« on: May 23, 2018, 03:52:19 PM »
Hi, everyone!  I haven't been around in a long time. For those who remember, I'm disabled and a songwriter and musician. I record at home, due to my limitations. I'm still an amateur at this, but learned how to add my own voice as background vocals, use a keyboard to create the sound of orchestral strings, etc... so it's been fun learning how to add to my own songs. Well...  Union Jack radio contacted me and invited me to try out for a performance at the Cornbury music festival in Oxfordshire. Took me a while to get over the shock. Then they asked for a video of a live performance. This could only happen to me! LOL.  Of course I don't do live performances, I have no band. My songs are done by myself (and sometimes my husband will play bass guitar).  So this dream was short-lived, but I still find it funny. I always said to my husband, "Watch. One day someone will ask me to perform my songs and then I'll be in a real mess since I'd need to hire a drummer, backup vocalists, keyboard player, and a 2nd guitarist!"  We don't have the money to hire session players. My illnesses prevent me from rehearsing with a band, since each day is unpredictable with my health.  But, it was nice someone showed an interest.  I do a variety of music types, I've done a country song, a Swing (Big Band) song, 2 funny ballads, a few tribute songs, etc...  I can put a link to my Swing song here if anyone wants to take a listen. I'm not a good singer, but I can write an okay melody:

Some of the songs have been on an Australian online radio show (they asked permission).  Have a great week, everyone!

• Liked: 1891
Re: My Music: Only I Could Get Myself into a Pickle!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 05:07:22 PM »

That was really great!  Too many cats though.  If you show these people cats then your thread is hijacked. 

• Rachael Allen
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 06:07:00 PM »
That was really great!  Too many cats though.  If you show these people cats then your thread is hijacked.
Haha!  Thanks for the warning!  And thank you for listening, I really appreciate it  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 06:28:31 PM »
*clap*clap*clap*clap!  very catchy! And excellent use of kitties!  ;D

Thank you for sharing!  ;D

• Rachael Allen
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 06:57:40 PM »
*clap*clap*clap*clap!  very catchy! And excellent use of kitties!  ;D

Thank you for sharing!  ;D

Thanks so much for listening to it!  I'm limited in what photos I can put in my videos because I search for free ones that don't have any copyright to them.  :)

Sponsored Links