Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement Refusal  (Read 12218 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Settlement Refusal
« Reply #195 on: June 21, 2018, 07:36:30 PM »
Hi SoonIndevon, good luck with everything, I have everything crossed for you. Reading this thread has brought back a lot of emotions, I was the case KFdancer referred to back on the first page that was the most upsetting. We had assumed that because we had to produce our divorce papers to get a marriage licence in TN that that would be good enough for UKVI, and we learned the hard way that nothing can be assumed with them. I know exactly what you've been through, there's no worse feeling than that refusal, but you've been getting excellent advice from the same wonderful people who dragged me up from despair, they really are the best. I hope it all gets sorted out quickly, we submitted our first application on 30th September, had the refusal, a resubmission, and my wife was here on 22nd November, so even though every minute feels like an eternity right now, you should hear really soon. Good luck, we all have everything crossed for you  :)

<waves>

Yeah, I’m still not over your refusal.  LOL!  Glad you guys are!

• Liked: 129
« Reply #196 on: June 21, 2018, 10:40:30 PM »
Hi SoonIndevon, good luck with everything, I have everything crossed for you. Reading this thread has brought back a lot of emotions, I was the case KFdancer referred to back on the first page that was the most upsetting. We had assumed that because we had to produce our divorce papers to get a marriage licence in TN that that would be good enough for UKVI, and we learned the hard way that nothing can be assumed with them. I know exactly what you've been through, there's no worse feeling than that refusal, but you've been getting excellent advice from the same wonderful people who dragged me up from despair, they really are the best. I hope it all gets sorted out quickly, we submitted our first application on 30th September, had the refusal, a resubmission, and my wife was here on 22nd November, so even though every minute feels like an eternity right now, you should hear really soon. Good luck, we all have everything crossed for you  :)

Aw thank you so much, and I'm so sorry you had to go through this as well! I haven't seen my husband in almost 2 months and it's torture. But I know some people have to wait even longer. The people on this forum have really saved my sanity - I definitely wouldn't be coping as well as I am without their support! Today is BD 4 so I"m sure we have a ways to go yet, but hopefully it won't be much longer!

I'm so glad things worked out for you  :)

« Reply #197 on: June 22, 2018, 02:21:46 AM »
I saw that the settlement statistics have been updated on the .gov website for May- 60% processed within 5 business days? I'm sure there is absolutely no way that is true! How do they manage to skew these statistics?!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #198 on: June 22, 2018, 05:38:48 AM »
I saw that the settlement statistics have been updated on the .gov website for May- 60% processed within 5 business days? I'm sure there is absolutely no way that is true! How do they manage to skew these statistics?!

.Settlement Visas
Settlement
Most applications are processed within 60 days.
Number of days to process application   3 days   5 days   10 days   15 days   30 days   60 days   90 days
% of applications decided                     2%             60%       72%      78%        85%         98%          100%
Note: actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.

Wow! Yes, that does seem vastly out of step with what we are seeing here!

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/united-states/settlement-visas/settlement

• Liked: 5
« Reply #199 on: June 22, 2018, 09:42:07 AM »
<waves>

Yeah, I’m still not over your refusal.  LOL!  Glad you guys are!

Oh, we're not over it, it still raises the blood pressure when I think about it  :), we were apart for an extra 3-4 weeks, out of pocket by £1k etc. for a really stupid reason that could have been sorted out with a 2 line email and a stamp. What I find annoying is the anonymity/finality of it all. They know that you probably won't appeal because it takes much longer and costs more than just reapplying.

I'd like to make a song and dance out of it now, if only to try and change the UKVI attitude going forward for others yet to apply, but the worry is you end up with a reputation for causing trouble and we have FLR(M) to apply for in about 10 months so don't want to jeopardize that. And at the end of the day they stuck to their rules to the absolute last detail, so would never be seen to be in the wrong. Probably the best that we could hope for would be a promise to try and apply a little more intelligence/compassion in the future when looking at applications....

« Reply #200 on: June 22, 2018, 02:34:28 PM »
Wow! Yes, that does seem vastly out of step with what we are seeing here!

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/united-states/settlement-visas/settlement
We are on BD 5, anticipating at least 40 BD for priority. Do you think that is realistic, based on experience? We are actually telling ourselves 60 BD just so we don't get our hopes up too much. :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #201 on: June 22, 2018, 02:37:20 PM »
We are on BD 5, anticipating at least 40 BD for priority. Do you think that is realistic, based on experience? We are actually telling ourselves 60 BD just so we don't get our hopes up too much. :)

We’ve had people recently get their decisions in about 27-30 BD, though with your refusal it could take a few days longer. I’d probably estimate about 35-40 days for you unless there’s a sudden big backlog that hasn’t made itself known yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2018, 02:42:11 PM »
We’ve had people recently get their decisions in about 27-30 BD, though with your refusal it could take a few days longer. I’d probably estimate about 35-40 days for you unless there’s a sudden big backlog that hasn’t made itself known yet.

That's much better than 60 so fingers crossed!!

« Reply #203 on: July 05, 2018, 11:57:02 PM »
But that was because you wanted to get married on a visitor visa and had to prove you had a strong case for being allowed to do so.

This application is completely different.

No, don't include those photos. The only reason you need to include a photo at all is to prove you and your spouse have met at least once in person, and no one else should be in the photo. I would send 1 photo of the two of you from your wedding, and one photo from earlier in the relationship.

Also, be careful with assuming you met all the other requirements last time. Sometimes they don't tell you ALL the reasons for the refusal, just the most important ones.... and from what you've said about your lawyer's advice, I'm surprised you weren't refused for more things.

For example, did you include a sponsor letter of support last time? If not, that could have also been cause for a refusal, had your finances been in order.

Someone last year was refused FLR(M) because they applied inside the UK when they were on a visitor visa (which is not allowed). They were simply told that the visa was refused due to not being eligible to apply as a visitor in the UK.

They assumed they met all the other requirements though, as those weren't mentioned in the refusal letter, so they returned to the US and applied again... but the visa was refused again because they didn't meet the financial requirements...they hadn't met them the first time either, but they hadn't been told that, because the 'applying as a visitor' part took priority.

It used to be that it could take 90 days, but recently they seem to have changed it to 6 weeks... so if you don't get it within 6 weeks, you can contact them to find out where it is:
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/refunds
Hey there ksand24,  it's been 7 weeks since our app was refused (according to the date on the refusal letter) and I still don't have my IHS refund....is there any way to contact them where I don't have to pay the fee? Seems ridiculous,  having to pay them because they dropped the ball in refunding my money!  Not that it would surprise me in the least  :-/

« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 12:00:20 AM by SoonInDevon »

• Liked: 768
« Reply #204 on: July 05, 2018, 11:59:12 PM »
Hey there ksand24,  it's been 7 weeks since our app was refused (according to the date on the refusal letter) and I still don't have my refund....is there any way to contact them where I don't have to pay the fee? Seems ridiculous,  having to pay them because they dropped the ball in refunding my money!  Not that it would surprise me in the least  :-/

Are you talking about your IHS refund?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #205 on: July 05, 2018, 11:59:55 PM »
Are you talking about your IHS refund?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yes

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #206 on: July 06, 2018, 06:02:06 AM »
Hey there ksand24,  it's been 7 weeks since our app was refused (according to the date on the refusal letter) and I still don't have my IHS refund....is there any way to contact them where I don't have to pay the fee? Seems ridiculous,  having to pay them because they dropped the ball in refunding my money!  Not that it would surprise me in the least  :-/

Doesn’t look like it if you’re outside the UK, unfortunately.

However, if your spouse is in the UK, they could maybe try the in-country helpline. Not sure if they will be able to help but it might be worth a try:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/inside-the-uk/visas-work-study-and-extensions

« Reply #207 on: July 06, 2018, 06:07:24 AM »
If you have to pay, it looks like email is the way to go, just the one charge including follow ups. Then you can ask for that charge to be refunded to you also, as the only reason you're having to contact them is because they have gone beyond their stated target for refunds.

Good Luck!

« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2018, 03:41:16 PM »
Hey everyone - what a journey this has been! After 7 months, I'm only one short flight away from landing in London with a shiny new visa in my passport! I honestly don't know what I would have done without your help and support. I'm so grateful I found such a wonderfully supportive community!

If you are ever near Woolacombe, please let me know - first pint is on me!!

« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2018, 04:05:32 PM »
Hey everyone - what a journey this has been! After 7 months, I'm only one short flight away from landing in London with a shiny new visa in my passport! I honestly don't know what I would have done without your help and support. I'm so grateful I found such a wonderfully supportive community!

If you are ever near Woolacombe, please let me know - first pint is on me!!

Yay, you did it!  :D.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab