Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bank of Scotland - who uses them?  (Read 1255 times)

• Liked: 239
Bank of Scotland - who uses them?
« on: June 01, 2018, 09:37:35 PM »
Here in Scotland on my first spouse visa and wanting to get a bank account. I read here that several have been able to open an account with BoS but looking at their online requirements, it seems husband would have to open it?

Who here opened one and what did you have to provide? Still no mail in my name yet (council tax still hasn’t come in both our names it’s unnerving). No job yet without a NIN so can I get my own account?
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 6110
Re: Bank of Scotland - who uses them?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 09:52:25 PM »
Here in Scotland on my first spouse visa and wanting to get a bank account. I read here that several have been able to open an account with BoS but looking at their online requirements, it seems husband would have to open it?

Who here opened one and what did you have to provide? Still no mail in my name yet (council tax still hasn’t come in both our names it’s unnerving). No job yet without a NIN so can I get my own account?

Have you changed your address with your US bank and credit cards? That's another way to get mail at your new address.
Whichever the bank, you're best to go into a branch, you'll find that more useful than looking online or talking to their phone people.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 10:30:06 PM »
I have BOS. I used my council tax bill and passport with BRP to open my own current account.

If your name is on it, these residency and passport/BRP requirements are necessary.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 239
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 11:20:29 AM »
I have BOS. I used my council tax bill and passport with BRP to open my own current account.

If your name is on it, these residency and passport/BRP requirements are necessary.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yea, for some reason (and maybe this is normal) but our council is VERY difficult to get in touch with. Finally got husband to go to the office on Thursday and stand in line. They said they would get me added. Hoping something comes by Monday. I made sure he stressed the importance of us getting it asap.  ;D

I want to get registered with a GP, get a NIN and start back working so I can contribute! I'm not used to not working lol.
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 12:03:50 PM »
I want to get registered with a GP, get a NIN and start back working so I can contribute! I'm not used to not working lol.

Try to make the most of it while you can! You'll be back to the grind soon enough, haha!  :D

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 05:44:57 PM »
Yea, for some reason (and maybe this is normal) but our council is VERY difficult to get in touch with. Finally got husband to go to the office on Thursday and stand in line. They said they would get me added. Hoping something comes by Monday. I made sure he stressed the importance of us getting it asap.  ;D

You can work without the NINo for up to 3 months, you just may need to show you've  applied for it before you can start. It sometimes takes a while to find a job if you're looking for anything outside of general entry level retail/service industry or similar. So... You may want to start looking and getting CVs out.

Things get easier once you have your proof of address! :)

• Liked: 672

Sponsored Links