Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Nhs charges?  (Read 609 times)

• Liked: 6
Nhs charges?
« on: June 05, 2018, 08:02:30 PM »
So today I signed up for a gp. I was told I have to pay every time I go? Is that normal? What is the healthcare surcharge for? The gp told me the nhs counts as public funds the uk border patrol told me otherwise. I'm confused. I looked on the website for public funds it mentions no where that the nhs is considered public funds but is a treatment. The gp was very rude as well. Will not got back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4507
Re: Nhs charges?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 08:03:53 PM »
So today I signed up for a gp. I was told I have to pay every time I go? Is that normal? What is the healthcare surcharge for? The gp told me the nhs counts as public funds the uk border patrol told me otherwise. I'm confused. I looked on the website for public funds it mentions no where that the nhs is considered public funds but is a treatment. The gp was very rude as well. Will not got back.

Rubbish! You do pay your IHS for fee free use of the NHS. The NHS has never been considered public funds.
March 28th 2013-Moved to UK, husband on spouse visa.Oct 20th 2015-Applied by mail for FLR(M).Feb 1st 2016 FLR(M).March 7th 2018 ILR. YAY! March 21st NCS&JCAP appointment.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 08:10:30 PM »
Yea I thought so. Thank you for confirming.  I just need a new gp clearly he didnt know what he was talking about. He was googling my prescriptions and pretty much everything so unprofessional. Dont know how he is a gp.

• Liked: 3749
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 08:13:42 PM »
Yea I thought so. Thank you for confirming.  I just need a new gp clearly he didnt know what he was talking about. He was googling my prescriptions and pretty much everything so unprofessional. Dont know how he is a gp.

I do find they do google a lot...   ::)

But you absolutely do not pay for (most) treatment.  I’d switch ASAP!

• Liked: 4507
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 08:15:15 PM »

Yeah, normally I'd say show them the rules but this one is so far off the mark you'd be much better just finding another practice.
March 28th 2013-Moved to UK, husband on spouse visa.Oct 20th 2015-Applied by mail for FLR(M).Feb 1st 2016 FLR(M).March 7th 2018 ILR. YAY! March 21st NCS&JCAP appointment.

• Liked: 617
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 09:14:35 PM »

There are some that are seriously anti immigrant. :( I would find another and possibly report them.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

• Liked: 276
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 09:23:39 AM »
We seem to be between, some not asking for payment when they should, while others are asking for payment when somebody is allowed to use the NHS bill free. I guess he is one of the many GPs who think that the NHS should bring in a charge for each visit

There will be a website where people post what they think of the various doctors in your area. Or ask several people and see who comes out top.

Sponsored Links