Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: For Sale Valid $110 International Money Order for Passport Renewal  (Read 3792 times)

• Liked: 1
For Sale Valid $110 International Money Order for US Passport Renewal

I will accept $75 or £55 whichever is easiest for you. You can even pay me after your passport is mailed back just to prove this is not a scam offer.  I will include all the supporting documentation - it doesn't have my name on the actual draft so is transferable.

Short Story:  I have a valid Natwest International Money Order payable to the
Disbursement Officer for $110 which I ordered by error.  It is valid from May 31st 2018
And is therefore valid for 5 months from that date to the Consulate.  It is issued by Natwest but clearly states on both cover letter and draft itself that it is drawn on Bank Of America funds and gives the Bank Of America NY branch address thereby fulfilling the Consulate Criteria that it must be drawn on a US Financial Institution.  It is perfectly valid as an accepted form of payment for Passport renew.

Long Story:  I’m not even American – I was trying to help out a work colleague.  She is getting sent on a business trip and her passport is valid – but it had less than 6 months on it and the company was wary about sending her.  She got stressed out when she read the Consulate only took IMO and Bankers drafts.  She went to her bank and they couldn’t help.  She got the bit about ‘being drawn on a US Bank’ mixed up.  I told her my bank Natwest did them and I offered to order it for her.

She declined and wouldn’t believe that it would be valid saying: “it has to be a US Bank” and got more stressed out.  I got annoyed and wanted to prove I was right so I went ahead and ordered it anyway hoping I would be a knight in shining armor for her.

However, while I waited the 5 days for it to show up in the mail – she hopped on a train to Edinburgh and paid by Card at the consulate!  She doesn’t know I actually went ahead and ordered the IMO for her… (I hope she doesn't read this forum)

So now I’m stuck with a £90 / $110 plus fees IMO that I have no use for.

If you are planning to renew in the next couple of months then this is a good deal, I get to make a little money back and you save on your renewal fee.

My ebay user name is mecabri - I have 885 ratings and 100% feedback.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 07:31:04 PM by ady_lister »

• Liked: 4985
Re: For Sale Valid $110 International Money Order for Passport Renewal
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 07:14:43 PM »

I will accept $75 or £55 whichever is easiest for you. You can even pay me after your passport is mailed back just to prove this is not a scam offer.  I will include all the supporting documentation - it doesn't have my name on the actual draft so is transferable.

Short Story:  I have a valid Natwest International Money Order payable to the
Disbursement Officer for $110 which I ordered by error.  It is valid from May 31st 2018
And is therefore valid for 5 months from that date to the Consulate.  It is drawn on Bank Of America NY and perfectly valid as an accepted form of payment.

Long Story:  I’m not even American – I was trying to help out a work colleague.  She is getting sent on a business trip and her passport is valid – but it had less than 6 months on it and the company was wary about sending her.  She got stressed out when she read the Consulate only took IMO and Bankers drafts.  She went to her bank and they couldn’t help.  She got the bit about ‘being drawn on a US Bank’ mixed up.  I told her my bank Natwest did them and I offered to order it for her.

She declined and wouldn’t believe that it would be valid saying: “it has to be a US Bank” and got more stressed out.  I got annoyed and wanted to prove I was right so I went ahead and ordered it anyway hoping I would be a knight in shining armor for her.

However, while I waited the 5 days for it to show up in the mail – she hopped on a train to Edinburgh and paid by Card at the consulate!  She doesn’t know I actually went ahead and ordered the IMO for her… (I hope she doesn't read this forum)

So now I’m stuck with a £90 / $110 plus fees IMO that I have no use for.

If you are planning to renew in the next couple of months then this is a good deal, I get to make a little money back and you save on your renewal fee.

My ebay user name is mecabri - I have 885 ratings and 100% feedback.

Your story made me smile.  “No nice deed goes unpunished”, eh?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 07:29:40 PM »

Ahhh, good luck!  :)

• Liked: 676
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 06:10:41 PM »
No chance the bank will refund it?

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 06:26:18 PM »
I haven't tried asking my bank but I assume not.  I'm guessing cos it's already been issued with the funds against a US Bank which I suppose they make an arrangement for.  It took 5 days to arrive and looks very serious with a little hologram on and all sorts...

Maybe if I go in the branch and say: "Look I messed up - I'm not gonna use it."  Even if I get a really bad rate that day - it's better than nothing.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 06:29:31 PM »
It never hurts to ask.  :)

• Liked: 676
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 07:35:24 PM »
I only mentioned it because I was looking to get a bank draft from RBS, and asked them what happens in cases where the drafts are no longer needed. They said there's a fee, but they take 'em back.

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 05:55:07 PM »
Hi, is this still available?
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 06:33:59 PM »
Hi,

I've got a buyer so the Money Order is no longer available.

Thanks for everyone's interest and advice regarding this.

Best wishes.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab