Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) application and correspondence questions  (Read 1639 times)

• Liked: 3
FLR(M) application and correspondence questions
« on: June 11, 2018, 06:19:14 PM »
Hi everyone,

I posted on here a couple of months ago about my fiance visa, which was approved one month ago!! So first of all, thank you so much to everyone who helped me, I am forever in your debt :)

We're getting married on June 30 and want to apply for the extension asap so that my fiance can work, and I have some questions about the process:

1. We are going to go for the premium one-day appointment - do we pay first, then book? Or can we see what appointments are available before booking, or.. how does it work?

2. Obviously we are not going to have 6 documents/3 different sources etc for the correspondence. In fact if we do it as early as we want, we're only going to have the council tax and a letter from my landlord confirming that we live together. Is this going to be enough?  I've seen this question before but haven't seen anyone that only had one document as proof of accommodation...

Thanks guys, this forum is awesome :)

• Liked: 6110
Re: FLR(M) application and correspondence questions
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 06:40:29 PM »
Hi everyone,

I posted on here a couple of months ago about my fiance visa, which was approved one month ago!! So first of all, thank you so much to everyone who helped me, I am forever in your debt :)

We're getting married on June 30 and want to apply for the extension asap so that my fiance can work, and I have some questions about the process:

1. We are going to go for the premium one-day appointment - do we pay first, then book? Or can we see what appointments are available before booking, or.. how does it work?

2. Obviously we are not going to have 6 documents/3 different sources etc for the correspondence. In fact if we do it as early as we want, we're only going to have the council tax and a letter from my landlord confirming that we live together. Is this going to be enough?  I've seen this question before but haven't seen anyone that only had one document as proof of accommodation...

Thanks guys, this forum is awesome :)

1- You can choose your appointment before you pay.

2-Yes, most people have more than that. You will have to write a letter explaining why you don't have the full amount as explained in the guidance.
Has she changed the address of her US bank and credit card statements? What about the utilities? Bank account here, NHS letter? I'd keep trying.

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 10:53:00 PM »
1- You can choose your appointment before you pay.

2-Yes, most people have more than that. You will have to write a letter explaining why you don't have the full amount as explained in the guidance.
Has she changed the address of her US bank and credit card statements? What about the utilities? Bank account here, NHS letter? I'd keep trying.

1 - thanks, we are looking now... apparently no appointments in the whole of the UK in the next 45 days... is that normal!?

2 - I thought so! We tried to set up a bank account for him but the consultant wouldn't do it without a visa that allows him to work here. He's only here on a fiance visa so I guess he can't get an account yet. We will change the names on the utilities though hopefully!

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 11:09:37 PM »
1 - thanks, we are looking now... apparently no appointments in the whole of the UK in the next 45 days... is that normal!?

The site can be glitchy - sometimes it shows a lot of appointments, sometimes it shows none. They release new appointments at midnight, 45 business days in advance (it was 42 calendar days, but they seem to have changed it in the last week)... so it might be worth booking one for 45 BD time (mid-August) and then seeing if you can change it to an earlier date later on (if you want it earlier).

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 10:42:30 AM »
The bookings CAN be booked up quite far in advance.  As it's only 6-8 weeks for approval by post, it may be worth it to send by post.

I'd keep looking daily for an appointment up until you marry, and then if you haven't been able to secure one, apply by post.  It's a HUGE cost to apply in person.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 02:30:29 PM »

2 - I thought so! We tried to set up a bank account for him but the consultant wouldn't do it without a visa that allows him to work here. He's only here on a fiance visa so I guess he can't get an account yet. We will change the names on the utilities though hopefully!

You may want to try speaking to a manager or try a different bank. They should be able to set up a basic account without the requirement of working in the country. The law makes them check that you are legally resident.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 11:53:55 AM »
Thank you for your help everyone! We now have a bank account for him and some bills in his name, and have an in person appointment on the 24th July.

Just a quick question - as his sponsor, am I supposed to go with him to the appointment? Does it matter either way?

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 12:25:15 PM »
Just a quick question - as his sponsor, am I supposed to go with him to the appointment? Does it matter either way?

Yes, you are expected to attend with him.

If you absolutely cannot go (I.e. you’re in hospital or deployed overseas) you can write a letter of support for the visa to take with him to the appointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 12:29:02 PM »
Yes, you are expected to attend with him.

If you absolutely cannot go (I.e. you’re in hospital or deployed overseas) you can write a letter of support for the visa to take with him to the appointment.

Ok, thank you ksand24!

• Liked: 12
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 02:08:57 PM »
Hi,

I'm jumping in the conversation here too. I'm also changing from a Fiance to a Spousal visa.

I know that expediting is worth it for most visa applications. Is that the same for a Further Leave to Remain application as well? 

I don't want to be waiting forever, but I also don't want to pay unnecessarily.  Any idea of expected timelines for FLR (M) standard vs expedited?
UK Fiancé Visa (Priority)
Docs Sent: 29 Jan 2018
Decision Made Email: 12 March (28 BD)

FLR (M) Visa
Docs Sent: 14 Sept 2018
BRP Received: 17 Oct 2018

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 02:14:55 PM »
There’s actually no such thing as ‘expediting’ an application from inside the U.K.

Instead, you can either pay £610 extra for an in-person appointment to get a same-day decision (and your BRP card delivered a few days later) or you just apply by post for a decision within 8 weeks.

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 11:49:03 AM »
Hi again

Just wondering about the correspondence documents. We will be using primarily monthly bank statements to show that my husband is living here - he has only been in the country 2 months which we will explain in a separate letter.

Does it matter that they have been printed at the bank rather than posted to us as long as they have his address on them?
Do statements from two different banks count as two different sources?

Unfortunately our energy provider and internet provider do not provide paper bills, only PDFs online which look completely rubbish when printed and obviously aren’t ‘originals’ as required...

Aside from this we have a council tax bill listing both our names, a thames water bill which lists him as an additional account holder, and a virgin mobile statement for him (which again is online only....... methinks the home office needs to catch up with our new paperless society... :))

Will this be enough or is it worth changing our in person appointment to a later date...? Obviously he needs to start working as soon as possible, hence the short amount of time that he’s actually been resident here before making the FLR(M) application.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 12:50:10 PM »
Hi again

Just wondering about the correspondence documents. We will be using primarily monthly bank statements to show that my husband is living here - he has only been in the country 2 months which we will explain in a separate letter.

Does it matter that they have been printed at the bank rather than posted to us as long as they have his address on them?
Do statements from two different banks count as two different sources?

Unfortunately our energy provider and internet provider do not provide paper bills, only PDFs online which look completely rubbish when printed and obviously aren’t ‘originals’ as required...

Aside from this we have a council tax bill listing both our names, a thames water bill which lists him as an additional account holder, and a virgin mobile statement for him (which again is online only....... methinks the home office needs to catch up with our new paperless society... :))

Will this be enough or is it worth changing our in person appointment to a later date...? Obviously he needs to start working as soon as possible, hence the short amount of time that he’s actually been resident here before making the FLR(M) application.

They really should have been sent to you through the mail as that is the whole point of the correspondence evidence but if that is all you have from the bank, I would include it anyway and explain in your letter.

When choosing your utilities providers, you should take into account whether they will send paper statements if you are struggling for sources but it looks like you will be ok for next time.

Make sure you change your bank statements to paper for next time. Personally I would count 2 different banks as 2 different sources but I wouldn't risk only sending statements from the two banks and one other source,  just in case!

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 11:27:50 AM »
They really should have been sent to you through the mail as that is the whole point of the correspondence evidence but if that is all you have from the bank, I would include it anyway and explain in your letter.

When choosing your utilities providers, you should take into account whether they will send paper statements if you are struggling for sources but it looks like you will be ok for next time.

Make sure you change your bank statements to paper for next time. Personally I would count 2 different banks as 2 different sources but I wouldn't risk only sending statements from the two banks and one other source,  just in case!

We will definitely have correspondence sorted for next time!! I thought two months would be enough time to get account names changed etc, but it’s proved more difficult than I thought... thank you for your help, hopefully they will accept what we have (and our excuse!).

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 11:30:01 AM »
A question about the premium centre application.  We have our appointment at 18:20 at the Croydon centre, and I’m just wondering how long the process takes?

I’m a little concerned that they wouldn’t have time to make a same day decision given the time of the appointment... but then I guess they wouldn’t have that as an available appointment time if that was the case?!!

Does anyone have any experience here..? What happens if they can’t make a sale day decision? Would they keep out documents and passports etc and have us come back the next day or what?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab