Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) application and correspondence questions  (Read 1652 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: FLR(M) application and correspondence questions
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 11:42:41 AM »
A question about the premium centre application.  We have our appointment at 18:20 at the Croydon centre, and I’m just wondering how long the process takes?

I’m a little concerned that they wouldn’t have time to make a same day decision given the time of the appointment... but then I guess they wouldn’t have that as an available appointment time if that was the case?!!

Does anyone have any experience here..? What happens if they can’t make a sale day decision? Would they keep out documents and passports etc and have us come back the next day or what?

They'll do the decision that day.  You may not get out until late, depending on how many people are in front of you or if there have been any delays from the daytime appointments.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2018, 11:45:35 AM »
They'll do the decision that day.  You may not get out until late, depending on how many people are in front of you or if there have been any delays from the daytime appointments.

Wow, surprises me that government employees would potentially stay so late! (I say that as a civil servant myself with experience on the matter ;) ).
Thank you though, that is a relief :D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2018, 12:07:44 PM »
Wow, surprises me that government employees would potentially stay so late! (I say that as a civil servant myself with experience on the matter ;) ).
Thank you though, that is a relief :D

They'll be shift workers.  I suspect it's a fresh set that starts at the evening slots, as the last day appointments are usually at 1:30pm.

Also remember how much you are paying for this service.... they have the money to pay a shift differential.  ;)

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2018, 11:32:06 PM »
Hi again

Just a question about the application form - at the beginning of the form there are pages where you're suppose to input payment details/method. We have paid online for a premium centre appointment, are we still supposed to fill this out? It's listed on the checklist and doesn't say anywhere that we're not supposed to if we paid online..?

This may be a v stupid question - thank you for all your help  ;D

edit: also! on the page for our online appointment there is a link to an 'application form' which is about 4 pages long... can I assume that this a mistake and that I'm definitely supposed to be filling out the 80 pager found elsewhere online?!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:34:08 PM by riversilver »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2018, 06:00:00 AM »
Hi again

Just a question about the application form - at the beginning of the form there are pages where you're suppose to input payment details/method. We have paid online for a premium centre appointment, are we still supposed to fill this out? It's listed on the checklist and doesn't say anywhere that we're not supposed to if we paid online..?

This may be a v stupid question - thank you for all your help  ;D

edit: also! on the page for our online appointment there is a link to an 'application form' which is about 4 pages long... can I assume that this a mistake and that I'm definitely supposed to be filling out the 80 pager found elsewhere online?!

Because you  paid  when you made the in person appointment then you just leave the payment details blank and submit your payment receipts with your application.

Form FLR(M)
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/724084/flr_m_-07-18.pdf

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2018, 09:23:25 PM »
Because you  paid  when you made the in person appointment then you just leave the payment details blank and submit your payment receipts with your application.

Form FLR(M)
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/724084/flr_m_-07-18.pdf

Thank you Larrabee!

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2018, 09:30:16 PM »
Trying to scrounge up pieces of correspondence - Lloyds sent us cheque books in the post for our joint account, and the top cover of the cheque book is addressed to us both, however it's... cheque book sized, not A4! Would we be able to submit this as an item of correspondence!?

Otherwise, we have the following:

- 1 council tax bill dated 31 May 2018 (joint)
- Thames water bill dated 11 June 2018 (joint)
- Joint bank statement, printed in branch and dated 21 July 2018 (joint)

- Barclays bank statement, printed in branch and dated 21 July 2018 (applicant)
- Letter from mobile network provider dated 6th July 2018 (applicant)
- Letter from Lloyds dated 11 July 2018 (applicant)

- Lloyds bank statement, printed in branch and dated 24 May 2018 (sponsor)
- Letter from the NHS dated 4 May 2018 (sponsor)

We also have a letter signed by our landlord confirming that we have lived together at the property since 14 May 2018.

So as you can see, only 3 or 4 pieces of correspondence that we've actually received in the post and which might fall under the items of correspondence they accept...

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2018, 09:43:43 PM »
Trying to scrounge up pieces of correspondence - Lloyds sent us cheque books in the post for our joint account, and the top cover of the cheque book is addressed to us both, however it's... cheque book sized, not A4! Would we be able to submit this as an item of correspondence!?

Otherwise, we have the following:

- 1 council tax bill dated 31 May 2018 (joint)
- Thames water bill dated 11 June 2018 (joint)
- Joint bank statement, printed in branch and dated 21 July 2018 (joint)

- Barclays bank statement, printed in branch and dated 21 July 2018 (applicant)
- Letter from mobile network provider dated 6th July 2018 (applicant)
- Letter from Lloyds dated 11 July 2018 (applicant)

- Lloyds bank statement, printed in branch and dated 24 May 2018 (sponsor)
- Letter from the NHS dated 4 May 2018 (sponsor)

We also have a letter signed by our landlord confirming that we have lived together at the property since 14 May 2018.

So as you can see, only 3 or 4 pieces of correspondence that we've actually received in the post and which might fall under the items of correspondence they accept...

You've done really well in just a short time. I would probably still write the letter of explanation as stipulated in the guidance just to explain why you are a little short. And I would send the cheque book cover too.
 You will be fine with that.

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2018, 09:45:31 PM »
You've done really well in just a short time. I would probably still write the letter of explanation as stipulated in the guidance just to explain why you are a little short. And I would send the cheque book cover too.
 You will be fine with that.

Weeewww thank you, you just lowered my stress levels by about 300%!!! Thank you thank you :)

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2018, 11:10:51 PM »
Do we need to provide photocopies of every single document, or just the key required ones like marriage certificate etc?

I've photocopied everything except the application forms and confirmations, and the photo of us at our wedding.

Also, are we missing anything from the list?!

General/Applicant docs

- Complete application form
- IHF payment confirmation
- Appointment confirmation
- Applicant US passport
- Applicant Mexican passport (we don't have his old expired one, only his current - do we need to explain this?)
- 2 x passport photos with name on back
- Name change document with US naturalisation document

Sponsor docs:

- Letter of support
- Passport
- 1 x passport photo with name on back

Financial (Cat A):

- Letter from employer cofirming type of employment, annual salary, time earning that salary, time employed
- Letter form employer confirming that pay slips are authentic
- 6 months payslips
- 6 months bank statements
- 2018 P60

Accommodation:

- Tenancy agreement
- Letter from landlord confirming that we both live at the address and are the sole occupants

Relationship:

- 2x wedding photos, 4x other photos of us over the years
- Correspondence addressed to us at our address
- Letter explaining why we haven't been able to hit the required amount of correspondence
- Marriage certificate

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2018, 11:10:30 PM »
Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D  ;D :D

Thank you so so much for your help - this forum is honestly such a blessing!!! (And I actually forgot to give them the photocopies in the end, so much for my last question.. haha).

Now to start preparing for the next one in 30 months’ time... :)

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2018, 05:24:58 AM »

Thank you so so much for your help - this forum is honestly such a blessing!!! (And I actually forgot to give them the photocopies in the end, so much for my last question.. haha).

Yay! Congratulations!  ;D

• Liked: 1
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 10:03:48 AM »

Congratulations on getting it approved! I am also looking to do a FLR(M) application at a Premium Service Centre and I was wondering if photocopies were needed....did they ask for them at all or did it really not matter?

Did you get all your documents back even though you didn't provide photocopies?

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2018, 10:08:32 AM »
Congratulations on getting it approved! I am also looking to do a FLR(M) application at a Premium Service Centre and I was wondering if photocopies were needed....did they ask for them at all or did it really not matter?

You are supposed to provide a full set of photocopies, if you don't they have to do the copying themselves which just means that your wait will be longer.
You will get your documents back regardless but it's a good idea to follow the instructions and provide them. :)

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2018, 10:30:07 AM »

What larrabee said!!
We got all our docs back but I think we would have been out of there faster if I’d remembered to give them the photocopies (we were there for nearly 3 hours :O )

Sponsored Links