Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Day Camp or Play Groups during late June  (Read 3681 times)

• Liked: 0
Day Camp or Play Groups during late June
« on: June 12, 2018, 12:57:14 AM »
Does anybody know of any Day Camps or playgroups in London that are available during the daytime hours during the last two weeks of June?

The reason I ask, my daughter (just finished 2nd grade in the US) is coming over in a week, and she has 2-3 weeks to kill before the regular UK summer holiday and day camps start up.

Hoping to find a day camp or playgroup that has American or other international children who (because they are not enrolled in the UK schools) are already on summer break.

I know that the London American school has a summer day camp that starts in June, but that camp is a bit pricey.

Any help or advice you can provide would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks;

• Liked: 4985
Re: Day Camp or Play Groups during late June
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 08:59:34 AM »
Are you looking for activities for her to do or a childcare setting (you leave and they are responsible for her for the day)?

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 03:54:25 PM »
I am flexible.

The real important thing is just having other kids for my child to play with during those two weeks, and having it in a structured environment on a set schedule.

If there is drop off child care available, great. If one of us needs to stick around, that's fine as well. The later would be an opportunity for both my child to make friends and for us to meet other parents living/working in London.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 05:46:00 PM »

I had an idea that maybe she could even go to UK school, but then 2nd grade is a bit young and two weeks is a bit long.

• Liked: 57
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 10:01:51 AM »
I would talk to her school for next year and see if they could include her. We arrived with our 5yo/Kindergartener on the last day of school last year and it was a long six weeks waiting for school to start. We had no way of knowing which form she'd be in and no way of contacting parents to meet up. She did do some summer camps that she enjoyed but there wasn't a capacity to make friends.

I underestimated how hard it would be to meet people outside of term last year. We're a London family with a 6yo girl and love getting out around the city. Please feel welcome to PM me now or later this summer if you guys need a playdate or anything really.   
Met 2003
Married 2008
Spousal visa 2008-2010
USA 2010-2017
Moved to the UK July 2017
FLR(M) approved June 2020

Sponsored Links