Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Change of Address after Fiance' Visa before FLR(M)  (Read 643 times)

• Liked: 9
Change of Address after Fiance' Visa before FLR(M)
« on: June 12, 2018, 03:16:47 PM »
Hello, Can anyone provide me with the proper procedure for changing our address with the Home office? We recently moved flat (25 days ago) and our next FLR(M) is due in 2 weeks. I'm realizing now we maybe should have filled out a form of some kind, just not sure how to go about it.

Thanks in advance x
Online application submitted: Oct. 31, 2017
Biometrics & shipping to UK: Nov. 28, 2017
Email confirmation from Sheffield: Nov. 30, 2017
Decision email:Dec. 5, 2017
Returned documents: Dec 8, 2017
Back to Scotland: Jan 11, 2018
Married: 27 April 2018
FLRM (1) Issued: 14 Aug 2018
FLRM 2 due: 17 Feb 2021
FLRM 2 issued: ???

• Liked: 3595
Re: Change of Address after Fiance' Visa before FLR(M)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 03:19:40 PM »
Normally, you have to complete a change of address form, but since you only moved 25 days ago, and you're applying for FLR(M) in 2 weeks, it may just be easier to apply for the FLR(M) using the new address, rather than doing the change of address form first.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 03:27:33 PM »
Hello, Can anyone provide me with the proper procedure for changing our address with the Home office? We recently moved flat (25 days ago) and our next FLR(M) is due in 2 weeks. I'm realizing now we maybe should have filled out a form of some kind, just not sure how to go about it.

Thanks in advance x

I would just put the new address on the FLR application and perhaps mention that you have only moved very recently.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 03:33:20 PM »
Thank you both, should I include that information in a separate letter with our accommodation information?

Also a separate question, will my husband need to fill out another VAF4 form for financial information for the FLR(M)? Or is that just for the fiance/spouse visa?

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 03:38:07 PM »
Thank you both, should I include that information in a separate letter with our accommodation information?

Also a separate question, will my husband need to fill out another VAF4 form for financial information for the FLR(M)? Or is that just for the fiance/spouse visa?

Maybe just put it in the any other information section unless you are writing a letter anyway to explain something else.

No appendix 2 this time. But be sure to use the paper FLR(M) form, it's much more straight forward than the online system and we can help you more easily!

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 03:47:10 PM »
Will do, we have started filling it out and have most of our documents compiled. It sure helps keeping all our mail from both addresses (thanks to your advice months ago).

My fiance visa expires on June 25th this month. Is it correct that it must be postmarked by this date? We plan on having it out next week, just want to be sure.

Also can you link in the IHS payment page? Would like to get that taken care of ASAP.

Thanks again, y'all are the real MVPs x

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 03:50:16 PM »
Will do, we have started filling it out and have most of our documents compiled. It sure helps keeping all our mail from both addresses (thanks to your advice months ago).

That's good :).

If you'd like to post a list of all your documents, we can check to make sure nothing is missing :).

My fiance visa expires on June 25th this month. Is it correct that it must be postmarked by this date? We plan on having it out next week, just want to be sure.

Yes, that's correct. I would make sure it's in the post at least 1-2 days before June 25th, just to make sure the postmark is in date.

Also can you link in the IHS payment page? Would like to get that taken care of ASAP.

Here you go: https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/pay

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 05:48:19 PM »
Also, best to use Special Delivery from the Post Office. It's much safer than using regular mail for all your precious documents.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 09:22:10 PM »
I would just put the new address on the FLR application and perhaps mention that you have only moved very recently.

I didn't tell them I moved and it had been over a year... They gave me my FLR no problem. Haha.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Additional FLRM questions
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 02:58:48 PM »
Hello all! I have some additional questions...

-after paying my IHS fee (I now have the required number), was I supposed to receive an email receipt from World Pay? I haven't yet, and thought that had to be included with my application.

-Because my passport still is in my maiden name, is it correct to assume I'll be making this application in my maiden name as well? In section 1.4 of the paper FLRM application it asks for my name, and my title as well. Being married, should I check "MRS" or Miss?

-Section 2.2, if this is the first time I've applied for a visa (including the fiance visa)? Seems like an oddly worded question, yes I have applied for and received my fiance visa, and this is my first attempt at an extension for FLRM.

-For postal orders, would a Banker's Draft or Postal Order payment be better for the £1,033 fee?

-Also, how and when do I pay for the Biometric Enrollment fee?

Thank you guys!

Re: Additional FLRM questions
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 03:12:38 PM »
-after paying my IHS fee (I now have the required number), was I supposed to receive an email receipt from World Pay? I haven't yet, and thought that had to be included with my application.

As long as you have the IHS reference number, that's all that matters. I think people have been receiving an email with their number on it and printing it out, but if you don't get the email, you just need to include the IHS number on your printed application form.

Question 1.11 of the FLR(M) form asks for the IHS number.

-Because my passport still is in my maiden name, is it correct to assume I'll be making this application in my maiden name as well? In section 1.4 of the paper FLRM application it asks for my name, and my title as well. Being married, should I check "MRS" or Miss?

Your visa can only be issued in the name on your passport and it must match your passport at all times.

So, you will need to fill in the application in your maiden name. If you wish to have your visa issued in your married name, you will need to change the name in your passport before applying for the visa.

-Section 2.2, if this is the first time I've applied for a visa (including the fiance visa)? Seems like an oddly worded question, yes I have applied for and received my fiance visa, and this is my first attempt at an extension for FLRM.

For this section, you answer as follows:

2.1 = Tick the first box:
Spouse or partner of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.

2.2 = No (this is your second time applying for a settlement visa - the first time was the fiance visa)

2.3 = Tick the first box:
First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or as a child of a person who has limited leave as the partner of settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months).

-For postal orders, would a Banker's Draft or Postal Order payment be better for the £1,033 fee?

I think most people just enter their credit/debit card details on the payment sheet.

I don't recall anyone mentioning doing the payment by Banker's Draft or Postal Order.

-Also, how and when do I pay for the Biometric Enrollment fee?

You pay it at the Post Office when you give your biometrics... which will be after you have mailed your application and have received your biometrics invitation letter.

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 05:10:19 PM »
Thank you!

Do the photocopies of my husband's passport need to be in colour? We have his information page in colour and certified, but unsure as to whether the rest need to be in colour or if it's okay in black and white?

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2018, 05:17:15 PM »
Do the photocopies of my husband's passport need to be in colour? We have his information page in colour and certified, but unsure as to whether the rest need to be in colour or if it's okay in black and white?

I don't believe it states either way on the guidance.

It just says:

"If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your sponsor’s valid or most recent passport, national identity card or travel document with your application. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages. The copy does not need to be certified; your sponsor must sign the declaration at section 14 of the application form to confirm it is a complete and true copy of their current passport, national identity card or travel document."

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 01:02:46 PM »
Thanks again! Do I need to include copies of the original documents I want returned, like the marriage visa?

Also, do I need to include a pre-paid return envelope with my application when I send it in the post? Is there still a no paperclip rule?

I'm so ready for this to be away in the mail!! xx

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 01:56:34 PM »
Thanks again! Do I need to include copies of the original documents I want returned, like the marriage visa?

Also, do I need to include a pre-paid return envelope with my application when I send it in the post? Is there still a no paperclip rule?

I'm so ready for this to be away in the mail!! xx

Yes, include copies.
If you are ok with recorded delivery then no need to include an envelope but special delivery is safer so if you want them to return your documents that way, you will need to include a prepaid envelope.

You can use paperclips, it's not a rule!  :)

Sponsored Links