Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: First Spousal visa  (Read 4481 times)

• Liked: 52
First Spousal visa
« on: June 13, 2018, 12:59:16 PM »
Hello! I am preparing to apply for my spousal visa to enter the UK and I have begun the online application as well as downloaded the appendix 2 and sponsorship form. I have my husbands payslips from the past 12 months. I looked on the UK visa website and found a small list of what is required but could use a list of what I need from my husband (who is in the UK) before I apply from the US to help guide me and assure I don’t miss anything important! I’m feeling very lost in the process and what exactly I need to have put together
Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
Re: First Spousal visa
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 02:04:24 PM »
Things I recall from when we met:

You are category B

No kids or previous marriages?

Does your husband rent or own?

You don't need the sponsorship undertaking form (doesn't apply to a spouse visa)

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 02:59:32 PM »
Things I recall from when we met:

You are category B

No kids or previous marriages?

Does your husband rent or own?

You don't need the sponsorship undertaking form (doesn't apply to a spouse visa)
What is category B? Do I need to do anything special?
No kids or previous marriage
Husband rents

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 03:03:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum :).

What is category B? Do I need to do anything special?
No kids or previous marriage
Husband rents

Category B is one of the financial requirement categories, which is based on your husband's employment income.

Category A:
- he has been with his current employer for at least 6 months
AND
- he has been earning at least £18,600 (before tax) for the entire 6 months
If so:
- he provides 6 months of payslips and bank statements, showing at least £1,550 before tax each month (if salaried), along with a letter from his employer confirming his employment and current salary of over £18,600

Category B
- he has been with his current employer for LESS THAN 6 months
and/or
- he has been earning at least £18,600 (before tax) for LESS THAN 6 months
AND
- he has earned at least £18,600 (before tax) in total in the last 12 months
If so:
- he provides 12 months of payslips and bank statements, showing at least a total earnings of £18,600, along with a letter from his employer confirming his employment and current salary of over £18,600

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 03:29:43 PM »
Thank you!
Do we need any rent agreement or anything to prove we have a place to live?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 03:33:51 PM »
If he is renting then you need to include the rental agreement plus a letter from the owner giving you permission to live there once the visa is granted.

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 03:37:57 PM »
Thank you!
Do we need any rent agreement or anything to prove we have a place to live?

Yes, you do :).

If your husband rents, you'll need to provide the following:
- his original tenancy agreement with his name on it
- a letter from his landlord giving you permission to live in the property with your husband once the visa has been granted (if you will be added to the tenancy when you arrive, this can also be mentioned)

There are 3 main requirements you need to meet for the visa:

Financial requirement:
- your husband's employment income (payslips, bank statements, letter from employer, contract, P60)

Accommodation requirement:
- evidence that you both have guaranteed accommodation to live in together in the UK (as above)

Relationship requirement:
Evidence your relationship is genuine and subsisting:
- marriage certificate
- 1 or 2 photos of you together
- boarding passes from trips to see each other
- letters/cards sent to each other
- a selection of screenshots of calls logs/email inboxes/message logs showing you keep in regular contact while apart

While you can work on the online application now, DO NOT submit and pay for it until you have gathered all of your documents, they are in your hands and ready to be mailed to Sheffield, and you have checked and double-checked that you have everything.

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 05:08:28 PM »
For financial requirements: my husband started his job a year ago. for the past 12 months payslips gross pay is over the 18,600 but his first year of pay was a salary of 18,000. We came above this due to overtime hours. This month is the month his salary goes up to 30,000 and his employer should be putting that in his letter. Will this pass the financial requirement because of the gross income being over 18,600 as well as future salary being more than adequate?

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 05:16:27 PM »
For financial requirements: my husband started his job a year ago. for the past 12 months payslips gross pay is over the 18,600 but his first year of pay was a salary of 18,000. We came above this due to overtime hours. This month is the month his salary goes up to 30,000 and his employer should be putting that in his letter. Will this pass the financial requirement because of the gross income being over 18,600 as well as future salary being more than adequate?

What is his current salary right now, and what date does it go up to £30,000?

Assuming he hasn't been earning a salary of more than £18,600 for the last full 6 months, he will be Category B.

So, he will need to provide ALL of the following:
1) 12 full months of original payslips, showing a total income (before tax) of £18,600 or more. The latest must be dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit your online application

2) 12 full months of original bank statements, showing the deposit of every single payslip. The latest must be dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit your online application.

3) a letter from his employer, dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit the online application, stating ALL of the following:
i) his current employment and salary (this amount MUST be more than £18,600)
ii) length of employment
iii) length of time earning current salary (i.e. the pay rise to £30,000)
iv) type of employment (full or part-time, permanent or temporary)

The following are optional, but recommended to send as they may ask to see them:
- original job contract
- his latest P60 (issued May 2018)

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 05:31:47 PM »

Assuming he hasn't been earning a salary of more than £18,600 for the last full 6 months, he will be Category B.

1) 12 full months of original payslips, showing a total income (before tax) of £18,600 or more. The latest must be dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit your online application

2) 12 full months of original bank statements, showing the deposit of every single payslip. The latest must be dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit your online application.

3) a letter from his employer, dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit the online application, stating ALL of the following:
ii) length of employment

The following are optional, but recommended to send as they may ask to see them:
- original job contract
He gets paid once per month on the last day of the month. So the payslip from this month (June) will have the updated salary of £30,000.

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 05:43:35 PM »
He gets paid once per month on the last day of the month. So the payslip from this month (June) will have the updated salary of £30,000.

Okay, cool :).

When are you planning to apply for the visa?

I would probably recommend waiting until he has been issued his June payslip and bank statement, so that it shows the new salary. His employer letter should state the exact date that his new salary came into effect (i.e. I've recently received a payrise and although it wasn't reflected in my payslips until the end of May, it actually came into effect on April 1st, and I so got backdated pay for both April and May in the May payslip).

Also, before you do apply, if you can post a list here of all the documents you are including, we can check over it to make sure nothing important is missing.

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 05:44:38 PM »

ii) length of employment

- original job contract
The total gross income for the past 12 months is £18,866.99
The P60 says the years income was around £15,000 due to him starting the job in May of last year.

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 05:47:02 PM »
Okay, cool :).

When are you planning to apply for the visa?

I would probably recommend waiting until he has been issued his June payslip and bank statement, so that it shows the new salary. His employer letter should state the exact date that his new salary came into effect (i.e. I've recently received a payrise and although it wasn't reflected in my payslips until the end of May, it actually came into effect on April 1st, and I so got backdated pay for both April and May in the May payslip).

Also, before you do apply, if you can post a list here of all the documents you are including, we can check over it to make sure nothing important is missing.
Okay. Yes I am applying probably the first week of July so we can have the payslip from June. And that would be amazing. There are so many papers and things to have together before applying.

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 05:55:00 PM »
Okay. Yes I am applying probably the first week of July so we can have the payslip from June.

Great :).

You will need to wait until your husband has gathered his June payslip and bank statement showing the payslip deposit (along with all his other documents) and you have received them in the US before applying.

Depending on dates and how long it takes you to receive the documents (he should send them by UPS/DHL/FedEx), you may just need to wait a little longer to apply (i.e. could be second week of July).

And that would be amazing. There are so many papers and things to have together before applying.

No problem :). The whole process is actually fairly straightforward, in that it's a tick-box visa. If you tick the boxes and provide all the required documents, in the right format, the visa will be approved.

The confusing/tricky part is knowing what documents you need, and what format they must be in.

For example, there is specific guidance on the format the payslips and bank statements must be in. They have to either be official originals printed and issued by the employer/bank, or if they are printed from online, they must be stamped/signed (on every page for the bank statements) or accompanied by a letter of authenticity from the bank/employer.

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 05:59:55 PM »
Great :).

You will need to wait until your husband has gathered his June payslip and bank statement showing the payslip deposit (along with all his other documents) and you have received them in the US before applying.

Depending on dates and how long it takes you to receive the documents (he should send them by UPS/DHL/FedEx), you may just need to wait a little longer to apply (i.e. could be second week of July).

No problem :). The whole process is actually fairly straightforward, in that it's a tick-box visa. If you tick the boxes and provide all the required documents, in the right format, the visa will be approved.

The confusing/tricky part is knowing what documents you need, and what format they must be in.

For example, there is specific guidance on the format the payslips and bank statements must be in. They have to either be official originals printed and issued by the employer/bank, or if they are printed from online, they must be stamped/signed (on every page for the bank statements) or accompanied by a letter of authenticity from the bank/employer.
So he gets payslips in the post so I can use those correct? And we will get the bank statements stamped and signed at the bank.

Sponsored Links