Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: First Spousal visa  (Read 4508 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: First Spousal visa
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2018, 09:20:00 PM »
Thank you. Also quick question regarding the Facebook calls I screenshot them and put them into a word doc but the majority of them are video calls so it doesn’t say who called who. I’ll attach a picture to show what it looks like. I’m afraid it won’t suffice as it does not say his name anywhere.

Can you not get it to come up in a format where the name is displayed at the very top of the screen, and then you just take screenshots that show the name?

Or even just the first message, so that it shows that the profile picture that comes up each time is the same as the profile picture from the first message?

• Liked: 52
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2018, 05:55:06 AM »
On the appendix 2 it says “you must also complete the main personal details form.” So all the forms I need to fill out are
-appendix 2
-personal details form
-visa application

I just haven’t seen it in anyone else’s lists so I didn’t know if it was required. It seems to have a lot of redundant information on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2018, 06:35:02 AM »
On the appendix 2 it says “you must also complete the main personal details form.” So all the forms I need to fill out are
-appendix 2
-personal details form
-visa application

I just haven’t seen it in anyone else’s lists so I didn’t know if it was required. It seems to have a lot of redundant information on it.

By ‘personal details form (VAF4a)’ they mean the online application.

The VAF4a (paper version of the online application) is no longer accepted in any country where you can apply online

So you fill out:
- online application (your personal details)
- VAF4a Appendix 2 (questions about qualifying for the spousal visa)

There’s only one exception to this:

In North Korea, they cannot apply online, so instead they have to apply using:
- VAF4a form (paper version of the online application)
- VAF4a Appendix 2

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2018, 06:36:42 AM »
By ‘personal details form (VAF4a)’ they mean the online application.

The VAF4a (paper version of the online application) is no longer accepted in any country where you can apply online

So you fill out:
- online application (your personal details)
- VAF4a Appendix 2 (questions about qualifying for the spousal visa)

There’s only one exception to this:

In North Korea, they cannot apply online, so instead they have to apply using:
- VAF4a form (paper version of the online application)
- VAF4a Appendix 2

Ah got it. Thank you. Also can I put colored paper as separators between the different requirements documentations? Or just leave it all in a big stack in order?

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2018, 06:40:21 AM »
Ah got it. Thank you. Also can I put colored paper as separators between the different requirements documentations? Or just leave it all in a big stack in order?

Just leave it all in a big stack in order. If you like you can secure each section with a rubber band or piece of string, but they will rearrange it all if they need to anyway.

Having said that, it shouldn’t really be a ‘big’ stack. If the pile is thicker than 1-2 inches and/or weighs more than about 3lbs, you probably have too much. I’ve heard of people sending large boxes before... and that is way overdoing it!

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2018, 06:44:02 AM »
Just leave it all in a big stack in order. If you like you can secure each section with a rubber band or piece of string, but they will rearrange it all if they need to anyway.

Having said that, it shouldn’t really be a ‘big’ stack. If the pile is thicker than 1-2 inches and/or weighs more than about 3lbs, you probably have too much. I’ve heard of people sending large boxes before... and that is way overdoing it!

Okay yeah it’s not thicker than 2 inches. Thank you so much! You guys are life savers on here i would be lost without you. By Wednesday I will have all of it together and be ready to print off the online part and set up biometrics. In your experience does it usually have appointments pretty soon or do you have to wait a few days for an appointment? I am afraid of submitting my online application and printing it and then having to wait till next Monday to do the biometrics... due to the weekend.

First Spousal visa
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2018, 07:15:01 AM »
Usually you can get an appointment within a few days, maybe a week at most, but you can choose which biometrics centre you go to, so you may find earlier appointments at a different one.

Also, several people have had luck with making an appointment a few days out and then showing up for a walk-in appointment early (don’t think anyone has been turned away for doing this). So you could submit on Wednesday, make an appointment for Monday but then just show up Thursday morning and get it done then.

Just make sure you definitely book an appointment at a USCIS Application Support Center and not a Premium Centre (which is for the Gold Premium Service only)... a couple of people have done this by accident before.

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2018, 11:09:48 PM »
Question on appendix 2 question 1.19 asking about having lived with sponsor? After the wedding I went to England on my passport and stayed with him for 4 months before coming back here to apply. That counts as living with him correct? Do I have to specify that I was there on my passport?

• Liked: 85
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2018, 11:16:11 PM »
Question on appendix 2 question 1.19 asking about having lived with sponsor? After the wedding I went to England on my passport and stayed with him for 4 months before coming back here to apply. That counts as living with him correct? Do I have to specify that I was there on my passport?

Even though my husband and I lived with each other for short stints like you have, I answered no for that one bc it's asking if you've lived together "as husband and wife" (or something along those lines, can't remember exactly). Since the other person didn't pay bills while living together and it wasn't a permanent situation, I believe it didn't count as us living together in the way UKVI sees it. I could be wrong though!
FLR(M) Timeline:
Application type: Spouse settlement visa extension (super priority)
BRP expiration: Late May 2021
Online application submitted: April 14, 2021
Biometrics appointment: April 25, 2021
Decision made: April 26, 2021 - emailed at 1:40 pm

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2018, 12:02:00 AM »
You must tick Yes to 3.13 because you are applying under Category B.

If you tick No, you are claiming he meets the requirement under Category A, which is that he has been earning £30,000 for at least 6 months... which is not true.

Okay coming back to this. If I tick yes to this do I leave 3.14-3.19 blank or fill it in with the same info from above as its the one job I just put info down for? It asks if I had “other employment” assuming this means other than the main employment I just detailed. Also do I submit only the most recent 12 payslips or can I submit 13 as we have a total of 13 with this company?

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2018, 12:16:26 AM »

Your answer to this is NO.... You have not lived with him, because you were visiting the U.K. for those 4 months after the wedding, not living in the U.K.

If you were to tick Yes, you would then have to provide proof that you officially lived together (tenancy agreements, utility bills etc.)... which you can’t do because you did not have the right to live in the U.K. at that time.

Ultimately, this question is aimed at people applying for Unmarried Partner Visas where they have to prove they have lived together for 24 consecutive months before applying... so just tick no and move on :).

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2018, 12:26:20 AM »
Okay coming back to this. If I tick yes to this do I leave 3.14-3.19 blank or fill it in with the same info from above as its the one job I just put info down for? It asks if I had “other employment” assuming this means other than the main employment I just detailed.

I would just put the old job title (if it has changed) and then repeat the same employment/company details as you’ve already put.

You can’t leave it blank because that would imply that you forgot to answer the questions and therefore have submitted an incomplete form.

Also do I submit only the most recent 12 payslips or can I submit 13 as we have a total of 13 with this company?

You must submit as many payslips as you need to in order to cover the entire 365 days of the 12 months. This will most likely be 13 payslips and 13 bank statements, to make sure you cover every single day.

However, for some people that could even be 53 payslips and 13 bank statements... because they might be paid weekly and not monthly.

Remember, it’s not about the NUMBER of payslips you send, it’s about making sure they cover the entire length of time you are relying on.

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2018, 12:41:41 AM »
I would just put the old job title (if it has changed) and then repeat the same employment/company details as you’ve already put.

You can’t leave it blank because that would imply that you forgot to answer the questions and therefore have submitted an incomplete form.

You must submit as many payslips as you need to in order to cover the entire 365 days of the 12 months. This will most likely be 13 payslips and 13 bank statements, to make sure you cover every single day.

However, for some people that could even be 53 payslips and 13 bank statements... because they might be paid weekly and not monthly.

Remember, it’s not about the NUMBER of payslips you send, it’s about making sure they cover the entire length of time you are relying on.

Okay but the total that I add up to put in 3.20 would be from only the past full 12 months of income correct? So not including the very first payslip as i have a full 13 months of payslips

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2018, 03:19:14 AM »
Okay but the total that I add up to put in 3.20 would be from only the past full 12 months of income correct? So not including the very first payslip as i have a full 13 months of payslips

The total you put in 3.20 is the total of ALL the payslips that you are including. They will then verify that amount by adding up all the payslips provided with the application.

I assume you are including 13 payslips because 12 payslips do not cover the entire 12 months?

Therefore if you only add up 12 of the payslips, that isn’t a full 12 months of income... so you need to include the 13th one to give all 12 months.

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2018, 04:03:03 PM »
The total you put in 3.20 is the total of ALL the payslips that you are including. They will then verify that amount by adding up all the payslips provided with the application.

I assume you are including 13 payslips because 12 payslips do not cover the entire 12 months?

Therefore if you only add up 12 of the payslips, that isn’t a full 12 months of income... so you need to include the 13th one to give all 12 months.

12 of our payslips goes from the 1st of July 2017 through the 30th of June 2018. That covers one full year. So I only need to submit the most recent 12.

Sponsored Links