Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I’m spouse visa priority processing time  (Read 3474 times)

• Liked: 2
I’m spouse visa priority processing time
« on: June 14, 2018, 10:35:18 AM »
Does anyone know how long a priority spouse visa takes to process during the summer?

• Liked: 4985
Re: I’m spouse visa priority processing time
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 10:39:12 AM »
Does anyone know how long a priority spouse visa takes to process during the summer?

Last summer, at the longest stretch it took 9 weeks for priority.  But most were less than 8 weeks.

• Liked: 129
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 12:29:01 AM »
Last summer, at the longest stretch it took 9 weeks for priority.  But most were less than 8 weeks.
This gives me hope! My husband and I are preparing ourselves for a 3 month wait time, hopefully it will be less 🤞🤞🤞

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 02:51:28 AM »
It’s about to be 18 business days since I got my email that said they received my application and the entry clearance officer is preparing it for consideration.

• Liked: 46
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 03:56:48 AM »
It’s about to be 18 business days since I got my email that said they received my application and the entry clearance officer is preparing it for consideration.

Tomorrow is 16 BD for me so I’m right there with you  ;)
Married - 15th April 2018
Spouse visa approved - 16th July 2018
Arrived in the UK - 8th August 2018
FLR approved - 13th April 2021
Little one’s arrival - 18th March 2022
ILR approved - 27th Jan 2024

• Liked: 48
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 09:53:52 AM »
Good luck everyone!!! 🤞🤞🤞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Settlement Spouse Visa (Priority)
Online application submitted:  27-March-2018
Biometrics:  30-March-2018
UKVI receipt of application: 16-April-2018
Decision made email: 16-May-2018 22BD
UPS return of passport: 21-May-2018
APPROVED!!!

FLR(M)
Applied online: 13 January 2021
Biometrics/documents scanned & uploaded: 2 February 2021
Decision received: 04 June 2021
Decision: Approved

ILR Set(M) - Super Priority
Applied online: 15 August 2023
Biometrics: 16 August 2023
Decision email: 16 August 2023 - Approved!
BRP Received: 21 August 2023

• Liked: 18
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 05:00:17 PM »
Today is the 27th BD for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 06:13:19 AM »
When should I call or email them about my application? Like should I call after the 30 business days?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 06:16:56 AM »
When should I call or email them about my application? Like should I call after the 30 business days?

You shouldn't. It's just a waste of money and whatever they tell you is unlikely to be accurate.
If no result by 60 bd, then some people choose to get their MP involved at that stage.

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 08:11:49 AM »
Wow okay.
How do you guys deal with the wait because I’m am not coping well at all.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 08:19:02 AM »
Wow okay.

It's never easy. Some people gain strength from hanging out here on the forum whereas others do better giving it a break and staying away altogether for a while.
Try to make use of your time saying your goodbyes, eating your favourite foods and visiting the places you will miss the most. When the decision comes through, it'll be a whirlwind after that!  :)

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 08:48:22 AM »
The thing is I want to leave like now! I’ve lived my life here, now I want to leave and move on. What’s stressing me out is this waiting only to find out that I get denied.

• Liked: 24
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 09:59:02 AM »
Wow okay.

I'm just about halfway through getting to the point where I'm hoping for some news (standard application, 30BD on Monday), and, yes, it's not easy.  Some days, I just feel sick to the stomach. 

Thankfully, work is quite busy at the moment, so that helps takes my mind off of things.

I think forums like this are great.  There are plenty of knowledgeable folks here, and you can also find other people in the same boat as you. 

One bit of advice - and this is based upon reading posts from other forums, not this one - is that you see someone start a 'I've been rejected' thread, *DON'T* click on it.  Invariably, you walk away from it convinced that the same is going to happen to you.  If curiousity really gets the better of you, don't take anything you read as definitive unless you see the full text of the rejection letter.  The 'ImmigrationBoard' forum is terrible for this.  There you get folks claiming they were rejected due to something petty - such as discrepency with a date - only then to find out that they also didn't submit proof of meeting the English Language Requirement (mandatory for folk from non-English speaking countries) and, in one case, that their marriage certificate was a forgery.

I really don't believe that UKVI is out to reject people for minor issues if the rest of the application holds together.  They'd just be creating extra work for themselves.

But, aside from that, it's best to think that each passing day represents one day less that you have to wait.  :)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:02:44 AM by TimCypher »

• Liked: 46
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 01:48:49 AM »
The thing is I want to leave like now! I’ve lived my life here, now I want to leave and move on. What’s stressing me out is this waiting only to find out that I get denied.

I feel you, I’m in the same position. I miss my husband so much. Tomorrow is 9 weeks since I last saw him. It worries me too to wait that long only to be rejected. But I do think it’s a good sign that the majority of US applications are accepted.
I’ve tried my best to indulge in the things I know I’ll miss - like local food and seeing family and friends before I go. Packing and preparing also keeps me busy when I’m not working. If you can keep your mind occupied, it’ll help the time go by faster.   :)
Married - 15th April 2018
Spouse visa approved - 16th July 2018
Arrived in the UK - 8th August 2018
FLR approved - 13th April 2021
Little one’s arrival - 18th March 2022
ILR approved - 27th Jan 2024

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2018, 07:58:09 AM »
I feel you, I’m in the same position. I miss my husband so much. Tomorrow is 9 weeks since I last saw him. It worries me too to wait that long only to be rejected. But I do think it’s a good sign that the majority of US applications are accepted.
I’ve tried my best to indulge in the things I know I’ll miss - like local food and seeing family and friends before I go. Packing and preparing also keeps me busy when I’m not working. If you can keep your mind occupied, it’ll help the time go by faster.   :)

I haven’t seen my husband since January. This is the longest we’ve been apart, we always saw each other every 3 months. 😩 I do try to keep myself occupied as much as possible, also sleeping helps, but at this point it’s just constantly on my mind. Like as soon as I wake up or finish doing something, it’s the first thing that pops back up. I honestly don’t know how to cope with it because it’s just beyond stressing me out.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab