Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving three doors down  (Read 1958 times)

• Liked: 154
Moving three doors down
« on: June 15, 2018, 06:05:55 PM »
Are we crazy? We’ve had an awful experience with our current rental, landlord, letting agent you name it.

Problem is .. my daughter LOVES it here. And I do to in terms of the neighborhood. We have a mini private park on our street. And the kids get to be kids. They run around all day long, play neighborhood hide and seek etc.  We live on a street that turns into a culdesac it’s not a huge neighborhood. Most days were dragging her inside to eat dinner, go to bed etc.

And I love that, I don’t think we live in a world anymore where kids get to do this much.

Long story short, a house has come up for rent a few doors down and I’m considering breaking my lease (it’d be two months early termination) and and moving there. It looks to be in better condition - and nothing can be as bad as my landlord currently.

Our boiler recently broke we went nearly two weeks without hot water. Talk about freakin misery.  Our fence has been broke for two months now and they’ve just finally set a time for it to be fixed.

Am I crazy for considering this? I need to figure out how much it is to break our lease and what the fees are to get into the new house. I don’t fancy moving again but hey it’s only a few doors down lol!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Moving three doors down
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 06:11:03 PM »
Am I crazy for considering this? I need to figure out how much it is to break our lease and what the fees are to get into the new house. I don’t fancy moving again but hey it’s only a few doors down lol!

If you can swing it financially and you're sure you'd be in a better situation, then I would absolutely go for it! Good luck!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 06:41:28 PM »
I agree with larrabee... if you can swing it financially, go for it.  It's important to be happy in your home.  It sounds like this new apartment would let you keep what you like about where you live and (hopefully) lose what you don't like.  I'd definitely dust off the old lease and have a look, at least.  I would probably even be willing to pay double rent for a month or two (assuming I had the funds to do it!) to make this move happen.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 07:35:24 PM »
Do it!

See if you can set the move date for a month out or so, and then it’d only be double rent for one month.

• Liked: 154
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 08:18:42 PM »
We have a house fund, just with everything in the past year or so it’s been to hectic to delve into house buying.

Only thing stopping me is my visa renewal is in October, so it could be a lot of money gone all around the same time.

But I’m going to enquire. Rents £25 more but that’s just one less meal out or something small a month .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab